Please remove the Mute Ban in TU!

I’m new to the forums here so I’m not sure if this goes here or not…

Anyway,

I’ve been mute banned for months and I have never trash talked or anything like that, rather, I just play a lot of Living Dead and Rumble Pit (758 games of both playlists combined). In these two playlists people just go down the list muting everyone in the game.

MLG is worse, since everyone this playlist always mutes the other team, nearly everyone in that playlist has a Mute Ban, which is just unfair.

When you have a Mute Ban, you cannot hear your teammates and they cannot hear you unless they manually un-mute you (which they never do outside of the MLG playlist).

My most recent Mute Ban I received during a time period in which I was almost entirely in party chat, I was in game chat for maybe four games. The first one I received after a large group in Big Team Battle threatened me and then all muted me at once.

As a result, I am always in party chat now, and Halo Reach is a lot less fun. If this isn’t fixed in this next Title Update, I’m probably going to quit playing Reach. :frowning:

Wow. This “mute ban” thing sounds like the dumbest thing ever.

Wait you get mute banned if others mute you in game?

No sarcasm here at all, I didn’t know this… :expressionless:

HA, I love how “victims” of the mute ban freely admit to being mute banned on multiple occasions.

Maybe no one wants to hear your breathing? or singing… or yelling… or swearing, ect, ect.

So manually mute them yourself.

Sad part is, the people who go down the list and mute the other team don’t realize there is an option in game in the menus to auto mute everyone who isn’t in your team/party without consequence to them, but they might even know and just want to be -Yoink- holes.

Yeah, it’s kinda redundant. If you want to mute everybody just do that on your profile. If you don’t and there is just one guy being a pain just mute him. It seems to me that it is overkill and ruins any kind of friend making that you could do over live.

> Wow. This “mute ban” thing sounds like the dumbest thing ever.

This tbh.

> > Wow. This “mute ban” thing sounds like the dumbest thing ever.
>
> This tbh.

I think its one of the best things they put in. It keeps little kids from constantly screaming into the mic. But i’m usually in a party so I don’t hear that anyways.

> > > Wow. This “mute ban” thing sounds like the dumbest thing ever.
> >
> > This tbh.
>
> I think its one of the best things they put in. It keeps little kids from constantly screaming into the mic. But i’m usually in a party so I don’t hear that anyways.

This is exactly why I said earlier it’s redundant. Some people like constant chatter as long as I can avoid it who am I to get someone mute banned??

> HA, I love how “victims” of the mute ban freely admit to being mute banned on multiple occasions.
>
> Maybe no one wants to hear your breathing? or singing… or yelling… or swearing, ect, ect.

Go play one game of MLG right now.

I guarantee you at least 2 people will be mute banned.

The mute ban does not mean that you are annoying and scream a lot, it just means you play certain playlists where people just “go down the list” muting everyone in the game.

It is not uncommon to see all 8 players mute banned in a game of MLG.

I used to be against it, but whenever I unmute someone who has been mute banned I then realized why they were mute banned in the first place.

> I used to be against it, but whenever I unmute someone who has been mute banned I then realized why they were mute banned in the first place.

Unmute everyone in a MLG match, most of those people are normal.

> > I used to be against it, but whenever I unmute someone who has been mute banned I then realized why they were mute banned in the first place.
>
> Unmute everyone in a MLG match, most of those people are normal.

The only reason anyone in MLG is mute banned is because it’s considered cheating if you don’t mute the other team and you try to listen in on them.

It’s also a tradition kinda’ thing. You always mute the other team during MLG, even in Customs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bungie themselves acknowledged that playing MLG will contribute or result in a Mute Ban, yet they refused to do anything about it. I’m hoping 343 sees things differently…

> > I used to be against it, but whenever I unmute someone who has been mute banned I then realized why they were mute banned in the first place.
>
> Unmute everyone in a MLG match, most of those people are normal.

I don’t play MLG. Besides, if people had any brains they would know that there’s a function that prevents you from hearing proximity voice. And if you’re that serious about the pre-game lobby chat then why aren’t you in party chat? Another fix would be the filter that Arena puts on opponents.

I have to say the mute ban is a very stupid idea in the first place and agree 100% it should get removed

> > > Wow. This “mute ban” thing sounds like the dumbest thing ever.
> >
> > This tbh.
>
> I think its one of the best things they put in. It keeps little kids from constantly screaming into the mic. But i’m usually in a party so I don’t hear that anyways.

it’s a good idea but the way it was implimented is very bad.

they should have made a system where you can mute people who trash talk or just scream in the mic and instead of a mute ban it just makes sure they are muted next time you play with them.

anyone else agree with my idea?

> > > > Wow. This “mute ban” thing sounds like the dumbest thing ever.
> > >
> > > This tbh.
> >
> > I think its one of the best things they put in. It keeps little kids from constantly screaming into the mic. But i’m usually in a party so I don’t hear that anyways.
>
> it’s a good idea but the way it was implimented is very bad.
>
> they should have made a system where you can mute people who trash talk or just scream in the mic and instead of a mute ban it just makes sure they are muted next time you play with them.
>
> anyone else agree with my idea?

If you mute them once they are muted the next time you meet up with them…

I am not a victim of mute ban but it really has to go. The player should choose who thy want banned. Don’t do it for me. I

You should never give players the power to take away someone else’s ability to communicate even if he needs to be muted by a thousand people before the mute ban triggers. You can bet your precious backside that such a system will be abused simply because it can be abused.

There are more than enough idiots who mass-mute other players because they get a kick out of the idea that they will have been at least partially responsible for causing someone to suffer from an undeserved mute ban. Sad but true.

Rule #1: You NEVER give people the power to harm other players’ online experience because of rule #2.
Rule #2: People are yoinking stupid!