Please Remove Fall Damage

Please 343 remove fall damage. I think that without it it would make customs and forge for fun because you would not have to worry about dying from falling. At least give us the option to turn it off in custom games.

you can probably turn it off in custom games, and in forge as well, people make halo 2/3 physic games all the time. but there is no point in taking out falling damage for matchmaking. if you are stupid enough to jump from a place that would kill/injure even a spartan without locking up your armor, you deserve to take the damage. think of it this way, you may be tough, but no matter how tough you are, your organs are still soft and if you fall from a high enough height, while you may not break anything, your organs will go splat against what ever bones inside of you and kill you anyways. so no, there is no point in taking out falling damage.

> you can probably turn it off in custom games, and in forge as well, people make halo 2/3 physic games all the time. but there is no point in taking out falling damage for matchmaking. if you are stupid enough to jump from a place that would kill/injure even a spartan without locking up your armor, you deserve to take the damage. think of it this way, you may be tough, but no matter how tough you are, your organs are still soft and if you fall from a high enough height, while you may not break anything, your organs will go splat against what ever bones inside of you and kill you anyways. so no, there is no point in taking out falling damage.

game play > realism.

That said, remove fall damage.

Where does it say that there’s fall damage in the game?

If there is fall damage in Halo 4 hopefully it won’t be as bad as Reach’s.

> > you can probably turn it off in custom games, and in forge as well, people make halo 2/3 physic games all the time. but there is no point in taking out falling damage for matchmaking. if you are stupid enough to jump from a place that would kill/injure even a spartan without locking up your armor, you deserve to take the damage. think of it this way, you may be tough, but no matter how tough you are, your organs are still soft and if you fall from a high enough height, while you may not break anything, your organs will go splat against what ever bones inside of you and kill you anyways. so no, there is no point in taking out falling damage.
>
> game play > realism.
>
> That said, remove fall damage.

I see no problem with fall damage. If anything it adds a new level of strategy to the GAME PLAY (I.E. jumping out of a banshee at a height that is potentially hundreds, or even thousands of in game meters taller than your spartan should kill you. And less than that should at least injure you.) There is no problem with falling damage. Its just adding strategy. The only reason master chief survived atmospheric drops is because he is one lucky S.O.B

Saying that is like someone else saying “please 343 take damage off of bullets”,come on now people,stop complaining about little things and work on bigger things

> you can probably turn it off in custom games, and in forge as well, people make halo 2/3 physic games all the time. but there is no point in taking out falling damage for matchmaking. if you are stupid enough to jump from a place that would kill/injure even a spartan without locking up your armor, you deserve to take the damage. think of it this way, you may be tough, but no matter how tough you are, your organs are still soft and if you fall from a high enough height, while you may not break anything, your organs will go splat against what ever bones inside of you and kill you anyways. so no, there is no point in taking out falling damage.

Can I use the dumb argument " ThEy’rE SuPeR SOildieRs sO Dat Maeks No SneSE dAT DHeY CanT FalL FRom So HiGH WhEn ChIeF CaN DERP DERP DERP."

No point in taking out fall damage? Well it makes gameplay better and that is all that matters. Don’t talk about that realistic garbage. That is not what matters. Gamplay > Reality.

As I said earlier, chief is one lucky S.O.B, as is Noble six (when he was thrown from covenant corvette) I see no problem with falling damage.

> Where does it say that there’s fall damage in the game?

Edited by Moderator - Please do not discuss leaks, real or fake.

first of all you CAN NOT talk about leaked content on forums, second of all, It’s ALL subject to change, and thirdly, removing fall damage is some ones request, its not 100% determined weather or not if it actually is in halo 4.

It’s just more fun if falling damage isn’t in it. You can pull off amazing feats, and not have to worry about whether or not to jump from a high point, because you might die. Sure, it adds some need for strategy, but it isn’t as fun.

> > you can probably turn it off in custom games, and in forge as well, people make halo 2/3 physic games all the time. but there is no point in taking out falling damage for matchmaking. if you are stupid enough to jump from a place that would kill/injure even a spartan without locking up your armor, you deserve to take the damage. think of it this way, you may be tough, but no matter how tough you are, your organs are still soft and if you fall from a high enough height, while you may not break anything, your organs will go splat against what ever bones inside of you and kill you anyways. so no, there is no point in taking out falling damage.
>
> game play > realism.
>
> That said, remove fall damage.

they did not have fall damage in halo 3 and halo 4 comes after halo 3 so i say no fall damage.
did they say (canon wise) why there is no dual wielding ? since it was in halo 3

> Please 343 remove fall damage. I think that without it it would make customs and forge for fun because you would not have to worry about dying from falling. At least give us the option to turn it off in custom games.

Holy crap, this person wants fall damage gone because he doesn’t like it!
WE MUST REMOVE IT!
[/sarcasm]

NO FALL DAMAGE IS STAYING AND YOU’RE GOING TO LIKE IT.