Please remove Dominion for Halo 5

My reasons for hating this game type with a passion are pretty biased because all I’ve been playing for weeks is Dominion because I want the Commando armour set and I’m just sick of it.
I’m not playing Infection to get it because that game type, like Griffball, is so boring since it has been made into a permanent playlist. They should be playlists every so often like Halo 3 did for double XP weekends.

Reasons for removing it:

• Its a ‘CoD-like’ gametype e.g:- Domination
  • Its lag central
  • Its a K/D ruiner
  • Low population
  • Not a traditional Halo game type style
  • Lock down is hell on earth e.g:- lag, K/D ruined, maps too small for it
  • It is a game type that would work well on something like Battlefield wear you can actually dig in and defend instead of running into a cramped tiny space to get killed instantly
  • Betrayal central and that leads to team mates getting pissed off and trolling, leaving, booting, AFK etc

I’d also like to quickly address the armour unlock system. While it works well in some aspects, I think unlocking via achievements is better than having to put in a stupid amount of game time and acquire a load of victories when you’re teamed with idiots.
Its like they are bribing us to keep playing their game.

No I like dominion. It’s my favourite game type. Please keep it in 343i.

Thanks!

I happen to quite enjoy Dominion, and would be disappointed to see it removed in future Halo games. It’s simple, if you don’t like the gametype, then simply don’t play it. Nobody is forcing you to do so.

> - Its a ‘CoD-like’ gametype e.g:- Domination

You’ve got to be kidding me…now that is a stretch.

> - Not a traditional Halo game type style

It’s Territories with bases…and even if it wasn’t, a gamemode doesn’t have to be traditional to justify it existing. Extraction isn’t traditional, and it’s arguably one of the best gamemodes for competitive play.

> - Low population

Has about the same population of other non-infinity playlists.

> - Its a K/D ruiner

Boo-hoo? This argument doesn’t even make sense.

> - Its lag central

It doesn’t inherently lag any more or less than any other gametype.

> - Betrayal central

Again, this isn’t even exclusive to Dominion, another nonsensical argument.

> I happen to quite enjoy Dominion, and would be disappointed to see it removed in future Halo games. It’s simple, if you don’t like the gametype, then simply don’t play it. Nobody is forcing you to do so.

If I want the cool looking armour set I want I have to play it

> I happen to quite enjoy Dominion, and would be disappointed to see it removed in future Halo games. It’s simple, if you don’t like the gametype, then simply don’t play it. Nobody is forcing you to do so.

This.

I personally enjoy the gametype very much.

‘It not a classic game type’

Neither was Invasion yet that became almost as popular as slayer

If anything just reduce the number of wins required and remove lockdown which I hate

> ‘It not a classic game type’
>
> Neither was Invasion yet that became almost as popular as slayer
>
> If anything just reduce the number of wins required and remove lockdown which I hate

Agreed, but I’ve never played Lockdown.

Some of the Commendations are ridiculous such as the Plasma Pistol one, Vehicle Destroyer (Mongooses & where are all the Scorpions?!), and the Regicide King assassination one.

No, it’s fun and I’d say it’s an evolution of territories

> > ‘It not a classic game type’
> >
> > Neither was Invasion yet that became almost as popular as slayer
> >
> > If anything just reduce the number of wins required and remove lockdown which I hate
>
> Agreed, but I’ve never played Lockdown.
>
> Some of the Commendations are ridiculous such as the Plasma Pistol one, Vehicle Destroyer (Mongooses & where are all the Scorpions?!), and the Regicide King assassination one.

Imagine king of the hill where you have to wait 15 seconds to capture it, the hill doesn’t move, the team holding the hill spawns near the hill and next to PW and the attacking team has no chance thats what lockdown is like. Its rubbish

Why, since the removal of a large percentage of power weapon drops as resupply, the gametype has gotten much better.

My only problem now is that I still seem to get half wit teammates every game… I’m good, but I’m not good enough to win a game of dominion by myself…

Although Lockdown certainly needs some tweaking, it is usually one sided especially with the base shields respawning so fast, but it does have potential!

Have you played Star Wars battlefront? It’s basically a Halo version of Conquest in that. I think they could make it much better in H5. Bigger, better maps, more players, more (and new) vehicles, etc.

Just dont play it, simple.
LOCKDOWN FTW

If you don’t like it don’t play it a large percent of the community likes it.

I like Dominion, it just needs improvements.

I also like Invasion.

(Hint: Why don’t we have them both)

I honestly don’t care for dominion as I don’t play it. Instead I think 343 needs to put back Invasion, Race, Assault (One Bomb, Two Bomb), Territories, etc.

> > > ‘It not a classic game type’
> > >
> > > Neither was Invasion yet that became almost as popular as slayer
> > >
> > > If anything just reduce the number of wins required and remove lockdown which I hate
> >
> > Agreed, but I’ve never played Lockdown.
> >
> > Some of the Commendations are ridiculous such as the Plasma Pistol one, Vehicle Destroyer (Mongooses & where are all the Scorpions?!), and the Regicide King assassination one.
>
> Imagine king of the hill where you have to wait 15 seconds to capture it, the hill doesn’t move, the team holding the hill spawns near the hill and next to PW and the attacking team has no chance thats what lockdown is like. Its rubbish

Depends on the map. On Exile it can go either way but on Longbow it’s near impossible. But one time my team was down 80 to zero on Longbow and we came back to a 90-80 lead. But in literally the last second left in the resupply the other team captured the base and we ended up losing. Still a good match though.

Oh I understand. You hate the gametype with a passion so it should be removed from future titles.

I enjoy it but surprisingly do agree slightly with the removal to some extent. Removing it completely would be accomplishing nothing apart from annoying the Dominion community while also hindering our own capabilities in customs. I would much rather 343 bring out the Playlist for matchmaking a few months into the game with community maps that work unlike maps like Meltdown.

Or you could, you know, not play it?

:open_mouth:

> Why, since the removal of a large percentage of power weapon drops as resupply, the gametype has gotten much better.
>
> My only problem now is that I still seem to get half wit teammates every game… I’m good, but I’m not good enough to win a game of dominion by myself…
>
> Although Lockdown certainly needs some tweaking, it is usually one sided especially with the base shields respawning so fast, but it does have potential!

I agree with this. I keep getting too many dumb teammates who don’t know what they are doing. Sux. I love lockdown. Was losing 90-0 and, finally, my team got it’s -Yoink- together and came back for the win. Was pretty cool. We were even down a guy or 2. No way we should have won.