PLEASE REMOVE COUNTDOWN FROM ARENA

Countdown is not a good fit for the arena playlist (and not really for multiplayer as a whole). Too much camping at the top level ruins gameplay on this map.

Jetpacks counter this.

If you were truly good, you would know how to counter with other ways too.

Countdown is a fantastic map for the arena, the maps that are on it just promote camping and the way that the spawns work doesn’t help. MLG uses Countdown for a number of gametypes but the weapons and spawns are different. Major League Gaming uses 4v4 like arena and is played at a very high competitive level, like arena. Blame Bungie for not knowing how to place logical weapons or work spawns.

Countdown is probably the only symmetric default map in Reach that’s actually good and balanced. Yes, there’s a lot of camping going on at the top floor. But it’s really your fault if you fall for that over and over.

The map itself isn’t that bad, it’s the weapon placement that makes it terrible.

I think it would play better with the Sniper and Grenade Launcher as the only power weapons instead of the current ones.

Countdown is my favorite map on the Reach disc. This is mostly due to the camping aspect of it. While it supports camping, its a proper camping rather than what we get on swordbase. Players that control the top portion of the map can truely shutdown opposing players without being in an overpowered positions.

> The map itself isn’t that bad, it’s the weapon placement that makes it terrible.
>
> I think it would play better with the Sniper and Grenade Launcher as the only power weapons instead of the current ones.

This. Or at least remove either the sword or the shotgun. Two CQC weapons on a map where it’s rather easy to camp isn’t that smart.

Replace shotgun with grenade launcher. Replace sword with shotgun. Fixed.