Please Refrain from Virgin Gaming

From what it seems it would be a better decision to re-sign with MLG. -Yoink!- Gaming, however luxurious their prizes seem, doesnt seem to know how to handle cheaters well and have ended up booting some of the ligit players from their contest. I have not heard of MLG doing this.

> From what it seems it would be a better decision to re-sign with MLG. -Yoink!- Gaming, however luxurious their prizes seem, doesnt seem to know how to handle cheaters well and have ended up booting some of the ligit players from their contest. I have not heard of MLG doing this.

Indeed. I’m one of those players, 15th place in SpOps Tier 1

Agreed. I’ve never seen such ridiculous charges brought against players, and without even an official comment from the hosts of the competition!

If the people they accussed really did cheat, we should all be shown proof. And if they didn’t they definitely deserve to be compensated for this abundant issue.

I agree

I agree completely, I’d rather have MLG support than Microsoft’s deal with -Yoink!- gaming.

343i was responsible for verifying all winners.

I deeply agree. I feel that the INFINITY Challenge was an absolute joke. TBH, and im not too much of a fan, but I would have rather gone with MLG than -Yoink!- Gaming. I blame 343i for making this deal. MS was just “baited” into it b/c 343 convinced them.

For that matter, the prizes suck. I was ranked 95th place and i won the Halo: FUD DVD…whoop-dee-do. Its going straight to the garage. Like why would i even want that if i already got it with the LE.

> I agree completely, I’d rather have MLG support than <mark>Microsoft’s deal with -Yoink!- gaming</mark>.

343i was the one who made the deal, not MS. MS was “baited” into signing a deal.

The people who got banned, probably didn’t leave empty handed. I bet they all reached sr130. What a magnificent achievement.

> 343i was responsible for verifying all winners.

then why have i seen moderators ban people’s threads and tell them to go talk to -Yoink!-?

> > I agree completely, I’d rather have MLG support than <mark>Microsoft’s deal with -Yoink!- gaming</mark>.
>
> 343i was the one who made the deal, not MS. MS was “baited” into signing a deal.

Really? Thanks for the info. Regardless of whose idea it was, setting up competitions through the game is a good idea, but it was implemented awfully with the Infinity Challenge, and MLG not being able to carry Halo 4 as an event game because of the deal stings.

> > 343i was responsible for verifying all winners.
>
> then why have i seen moderators ban people’s threads and tell them to go talk to -Yoink!-?

1. The Waypoint moderators aren’t affiliated with 343i in any way.

2. Everyone that posted here that they contacted -Yoink!- about verifying results said they got a reply from -Yoink!- saying 343i was responsible for checking all results.

> > > 343i was responsible for verifying all winners.
> >
> > then why have i seen moderators ban people’s threads and tell them to go talk to -Yoink!-?
>
> 1. The Waypoint moderators aren’t affiliated with 343i in any way.
>
> 2. Everyone that posted here that they contacted -Yoink!- about verifying results said they got a reply from -Yoink!- saying 343i was responsible for checking all results.

Sounds like a runaround. I will not take part in anything they have to offer. In fact, I think I only played 2 games of MP and 90 games of spops during that time. Mostly because i wanted to play spops, not win a prize for playing what I was already playing without the chance of winning.

> > > I agree completely, I’d rather have MLG support than <mark>Microsoft’s deal with -Yoink!- gaming</mark>.
> >
> > 343i was the one who made the deal, not MS. MS was “baited” into signing a deal.
>
> Really? Thanks for the info. Regardless of whose idea it was, setting up competitions through the game is a good idea, but it was implemented awfully with the Infinity Challenge, and MLG not being able to carry Halo 4 as an event game because of the deal stings.

MS, for many years, is very secure, and they are not too, friendly when it comes to signing deals with companies. Started back in the 80’s. With regards to VG and MLG, MS actually never agreed to MLG nor VG, they only did the, “fine, we’ll sign, but don’t complain to us” type of thing.

343i in this case, convinced them, to a point where they just begged MS to sign a deal. However, 343i signed the deal instead, and MS, just put their logo on it.

"Congratulations colt187, on being one of the “Spartan-Ops/War Games” winners!

You finished in 176 place, we know that wasn’t easy and you’re eager to receive your prize Halo4Series1CardedActionFigure".

Lol very eager! Not really, but I am happy I played as I normally would and won a prize! A win win for me!

> Congratulations colt187, on being one of the “Spartan-Ops/War Games” winners!
>
> You finished in 176 place, we know that wasn’t easy and you’re eager to receive your prize Halo4Series1CardedActionFigure.
>
>
> lol very eager! Not really, but I am happy I played as I normally would and won a prize! Win Win for me.

lol, i got the FUD DVD, and im putting it in the garage.

> > Congratulations colt187, on being one of the “Spartan-Ops/War Games” winners!
> >
> > You finished in 176 place, we know that wasn’t easy and you’re eager to receive your prize Halo4Series1CardedActionFigure.
> >
> >
> > lol very eager! Not really, but I am happy I played as I normally would and won a prize! Win Win for me.
>
> lol, i got the FUD DVD, and im putting it in the garage.

If your throwing it away, I’ll take it off your hands. I’d rather have another copy then have someone throw away a perfectly good FUD DVD. Plus I was removed for no good reason and lost my shot at the Longboard.

-Yoink!- Gaming’s CEO actually said that wants to colaborate with MLG.

That would be good:

-Yoink!- Gaming: Free to enter, prizes, good time, “casuals”.

MLG: Teams, competitive gameplay, good time, “hardcore”.

The best of both worlds.