Please reconsider the following

I was excited when I heard of that GI was going to cover Halo 4. I quickly read over it and saw things that I absolutely loved, and things that did not appeal to me at all. There are 3 things that I wish 343i to reconsider-

Instant Repawn-

This left my jaw hanging. Respawn has always been part of Halo, and for good reason. If I get into a BR fight, and I win, I need time to recharge my shields. The chance rises to run into the same player increasingly with this addition in the game. I’m all for it to make it a custom game option, but not in the initial matchmaking.

Joinable Games-

The one thing that I loved about Halo, is that you were able to complete your game from start to finish 100% of the time. I don’t want to join a game where I’m losing 40-10 and they have complete map control. It’s rather annoying, and I never thought I would see it in Halo. But if it were to stay, please don’t put it in Competitive Playlists, but more in the casual area (BTB, Action Sack, etc.)

Armor Abilities-

Armor Abilities were hated by a majority of the Halo Community. I see no reason to bring them back at all (excluding Custom Games) Halo is about fighting over your weaponry, not spawning with it. Now if the AA’s were scattered over the map, that would be way better (essentially equipment) But I don’t care if we spawn with Sprint

These are all of my opinions, so please no flaming. I respect 343i for trying something new, but I would request for them to reconsider the following. I know this has been mentioned a lot, but I wanted to give my view on it.

Thoughts?

[deleted]

AA’s hated by a majority of the community? What?

You do know that the common forum goers here are a minority right? We barely represent the Halo community.

You must mean hated by 75% of the Halo community on this very forum.

Is the title a Bill Nye reference?

> AA’s hated by a majority of the community? What?
>
> You do know that the common forum goers here are a minority right? We barely represent the Halo community.

Do you have any proof that the majority of the Halo community likes AA’s?

> Is the title a Bill Nye reference?

No…

<.<

>.>

> Agreed 100% Liked Ranked playlists shouldn’t have these new changes. It should all be move to social playlists and ill be fin with it. :slight_smile:

Exactly what I was thinking

I read a post on the NeoGAF forums that Instant Respawn was only confirmed in the one gametype of FFA play tested by some media members already. I don’t think I’d have a problem with instant respawn in FFA. In Slayer and especially Objective, I think it’d be gamebreaking.

> > AA’s hated by a majority of the community? What?
> >
> > You do know that the common forum goers here are a minority right? We barely represent the Halo community.
>
> Do you have any proof that the majority of the Halo community likes AA’s?

Do you have any proof that they don’t? And don’t try to use these or Bungie’s forums as evidence because of the millions of copies that were sold, the people that go onto these forums number in the thousands (if we’re lucky).

The instant respawn is something that’s been a long time coming and so is joining in progress. 343i is going to be smart with how they do this. Ranked matches could very easily not have these features in use to maintain the competitiveness of the game. It’s people like you jumping the gun on all this that are making such a big deal out of things that are taken out of context.

We’re very early in the stages of information for the game. Give it time, let it breathe. As more info comes out about how systems are going to work, then feel free to rant and rage if it truly is wrecking the “Halo” feel, but for now, be happy we have something to chew on while we wait for our new vidoc or info drop.

(Sorry if my grammar sucks, I just got done working out so I’m still a little out of it.)

well…for your problem with joining a match i think they do the same thing as gow3 and make a quick match option and a regular full length option

> > > AA’s hated by a majority of the community? What?
> > >
> > > You do know that the common forum goers here are a minority right? We barely represent the Halo community.
> >
> > Do you have any proof that the majority of the Halo community likes AA’s?
>
> Do you have any proof that they don’t? And don’t try to use these or Bungie’s forums as evidence because of the millions of copies that were sold, the people that go onto these forums number in the thousands (if we’re lucky).
>
> The instant respawn is something that’s been a long time coming and so is joining in progress. 343i is going to be smart with how they do this. Ranked matches could very easily not have these features in use to maintain the competitiveness of the game. It’s people like you <mark>jumping the gun</mark> on all this that are making such a big deal out of things that are taken out of context.
>
> We’re very early in the stages of information for the game. Give it time, let it breathe. As more info comes out about how systems are going to work, then feel free to rant and rage if it truly is wrecking the “Halo” feel, but for now, be happy we have something to chew on while we wait for our new vidoc or info drop.
>
> (Sorry if my grammar sucks, I just got done working out so I’m still a little out of it.)

I stated what I read in the Gameinformer article. I am not “jumping the gun”, but using what I know with what GI gave to me.

If 343i were to clarify a bit better, I wouldn’t be in this position.