Please reconsider removing anniversary squad!

Anniversary Squad needs to stay! It is the only 4v4 playlist featuring both Slayer and Objective gametypes where I’m guaranteed to play on one of my new maps. Why take away one of the few playlists available to Anniversary players? Especially since YOU GUYS made this game!

Why are you making it even tougher for me to play the maps I’ve paid for? It’s not like they ever come up in standard playlists.

Either keep this one, or mandate the DLC on other playlists. I’d like to play the maps I’ve paid for!

I used to frequent Squad Anniversary, at first i thought it was pointless to have but i guess it was for those who didn’t like the pistol’s randomness (even how how strong it is).

I grew attached to the playlist but it didn’t always have the biggest populations. I had a blast roflstomping randoms and going up against the occasional full team, i am going to miss it. :confused:

I made a thread about this yesterday and it mysteriously disappeared. I too am in favor of keeping Anniversary Squad. It’s the only playlist that requires Anniversary DLC and includes the TU rule set. I personally don’t like the Anniversary rule set (not a fan of the OP pistol and the lack of armor abilities). IF they remove Anniversary Squad, the only way I can play Anniversary maps with TU rule sets would be to find them in standard playlists (which, lets be honest, is very unlikely to happen).

Agreed, I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve had Anniversary maps show up in standard playlists. At least Condemned/Uplink and Anchor 9 show up a little more often.

If DLC is not going to mandated, then community maps need to be greatly cut down so DLC maps do show up in voting lobbies for players who have them. I doubt matchmaking is offering DLC maps for vote every time a game is populated by DLC owners. There’s just too many maps for matchmaking to choose from.

We also need a setting to match DLC owners with DLC owners in all playlists. I’d love to play some SWAT or Invasion on DLC maps, but that’s not going to happen with the current matchmaking settings.

When I pay for extra developer made maps, I actually want to play them! I hate voting on and playing bland community maps when I could play my purchased maps with other players who bought them.

> Agreed, I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve had Anniversary maps show up in standard playlists. At least Condemned/Uplink and Anchor 9 show up a little more often.
>
> If DLC is not going to mandated, then community maps need to be greatly cut down so DLC maps do show up in voting lobbies for players who have them. I doubt matchmaking is offering DLC maps for vote every time a game is populated by DLC owners. There’s just too many maps for matchmaking to choose from.
>
> We also need a setting to match DLC owners with DLC owners in all playlists. I’d love to play some SWAT or Invasion on DLC maps, but that’s not going to happen with the current matchmaking settings.
>
> When I pay for extra developer made maps, I actually want to play them! I hate voting on and playing bland community maps when I could play my purchased maps with other players who bought them.

Actually matchmaking will offer DLC maps in the vote if everyone owns DLC. The DLC maps are so heavily weighted that they pretty much have a 100% chance of showing up if the lobby is full of DLC owners.

But even with that, the only DLC maps I ever play on in the standard playlists are Anchor 9 and Tempest.

> Anniversary Squad needs to stay! It is the only 4v4 playlist featuring both Slayer and Objective gametypes where I’m guaranteed to play on one of my new maps. Why take away one of the few playlists available to Anniversary players? Especially since YOU GUYS made this game!
>
> Why are you making it even tougher for me to play the maps I’ve paid for? It’s not like they ever come up in standard playlists.
>
> Either keep this one, or mandate the DLC on other playlists. I’d like to play the maps I’ve paid for!

Expecting 343 to do something ‘intelligent’ when it comes to Matchmaking decisions is a waste of time. However, if you rally enough people together you will likely get your changes implemented. This happened with Squad DLC when they removed it, it caused an uproar, then it was subsequently re-instated.

They’re very good at creating more and more issues for themselves when it comes to Matchmaking but very poor at addressing the issues in certain playlists that were already present when they took over…

Here’s my idea for how they should be handling Matchmaking:

I would assume the best way to follow the right path would be to fix what is wrong when you take over then start implementing your own direction for the game, not the opposite. Going your own direction first only results in you stumbling over youself as you attempt to walk and build a suitable path at the same time. It’s a convulated and downright limited way of implementing changes.

> Agreed, I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve had Anniversary maps show up in standard playlists. At least Condemned/Uplink and Anchor 9 show up a little more often.
>
> If DLC is not going to mandated, then community maps need to be greatly cut down so DLC maps do show up in voting lobbies for players who have them. I doubt matchmaking is offering DLC maps for vote every time a game is populated by DLC owners. There’s just too many maps for matchmaking to choose from.
>
> We also need a setting to match DLC owners with DLC owners in all playlists. I’d love to play some SWAT or Invasion on DLC maps, but that’s not going to happen with the current matchmaking settings.
>
> When I pay for extra developer made maps, I actually want to play them! I hate voting on and playing bland community maps when I could play my purchased maps with other players who bought them.

Many of the issues your looking at are present in the March Update. I’d recommend looking at it… beyond that, your sentiments are pretty close to mine though DLC owners have the matchmaking equation working in your favor. It was re-weighted to find and fill lobbies of DLC players, you ask for something better? Limited MM space would require you to play a certain playlist to get… wel, whatever your looking for. If its an achievement, go into the playlist that has it. Afterwards, load a custom game with the appropriate settings and earn it legitimately. Player are always willing to join, especially if your looking for FFA or “crazy” achievements that require more then a steady dmr shot.

>
> <mark>If DLC is not going to mandated, then community maps need to be greatly cut down</mark> so DLC maps do show up in voting lobbies for players who have them. I doubt matchmaking is offering DLC maps for vote every time a game is populated by DLC owners. There’s just too many maps for matchmaking to choose from.
>
>

All that’s going to do is give us ARs on Countdown and Sword Base every single time…I’d rather play a fun grey map than a campy colorful one.

> > Anniversary Squad needs to stay! It is the only 4v4 playlist featuring both Slayer and Objective gametypes where I’m guaranteed to play on one of my new maps. Why take away one of the few playlists available to Anniversary players? Especially since YOU GUYS made this game!
> >
> > Why are you making it even tougher for me to play the maps I’ve paid for? It’s not like they ever come up in standard playlists.
> >
> > Either keep this one, or mandate the DLC on other playlists. I’d like to play the maps I’ve paid for!
>
> Expecting 343 to do something ‘intelligent’ when it comes to Matchmaking decisions is a waste of time. However, if you rally enough people together you will likely get your changes implemented. This happened with Squad DLC when they removed it, it caused an uproar, then it was subsequently re-instated.
>
> They’re very good at creating more and more issues for themselves when it comes to Matchmaking but very poor at addressing the issues in certain playlists that were already present when they took over…
>
> Here’s my idea for how they should be handling Matchmaking:
>
> I would assume the best way to follow the right path would be to fix what is wrong when you take over then start implementing your own direction for the game, not the opposite. Going your own direction first only results in you stumbling over youself as you attempt to walk and build a suitable path at the same time. It’s a convulated and downright limited way of implementing changes.

expecting 343i to do something intelligent. *fixed

instead of taking out anny squad and expecting all those people to go to anny classic is stupid. What yall should have done is kept classic gametypes in anny squad and just remove anny classic period.

Why do people randomly necrobump threads that died long ago?

> Why do people randomly necrobump threads that died long ago?

Search bar will show old topics, people don’t tend to notice the original post date.