Please read this 343 and community

Alright, well this is going to be a some what of a long post but this is how I feel Halo 4 should be so please consider what im saying and please no saying that this is not halo for two reasons. One its rude and childish >:O and number two I got the idea after replaying halo 2,halo 3,and with a side of reach:)! If you dislike the idea state so and tell me why you wouldn’t like this for a halo game without saying “its not halo”. My idea is very complex but easy to use and I gives the player options along with everyone having a good chance.

Here it is!

Okay, so i dont know what to call this idea but when refering to it just call it Fusion Coil(because that basicly what this is)in the comments below.
But fusion coil concept allows the player to have options, support the hardcore gamer as well as making the game fun and enjoyable for the causal gamer. So for those of you that didn’t know, the unsc mainly get their power from a fusion coil which is a big battery. Im 99 percent sure the spartan amour runs off it too. But anyway,the amour will cotain a certain amount of energy which allows the player to perform certain task or abilties that allows the player to shape the game to the way they want to play.

Energy
So the energy will allow the play to perform the following task: produce a bubble sheild, recharge shields/produce overshields, go invisiable, maitain a flashlight/helmet light, maintain gun recoil and prevent rectciol bloom, as well as surviving fatial falls.

Controller axcess
so if halo four was to be a xbox 360 game then it would use a standard 360 controller. So let me tell you how you could fit all these abilties or charater traits in to the game without pressing odd button combos just to perform a certain task, because when your in combat you dont have much time to think about the buttons your pressing. so Sprint is LB, Helmet light is up on the d-pad, Bubble shield is left on the d-pad, invisablity is right on the d-pad, and fast shield recharge/ten second overshield Is down on the d-pad. All that without effecting the button placement if halo 4’s controlls are similar to the reach layout.

So here it is…

About time, I finally got around to making the second part of the op, that is more detailed and shows, verbaly, how it works:)

Energy meter
the meter basically is the suits power funcution. Meaning without power your going to play smarter,and not running and gunning. Now your meter will recharge if out, but is not fast and leaves you very vaurable to your enemy, and heres why.
Vulnerability
Alright, so with fusion coil or FC, your energy effects your shields and your resitance toward gun recoil and reticle bloom. And not to forget fatal falls. So with your shields they will recharge as long as you have energy in your suit. The shields will not take any energy away form your suit but you have to have it or your sheilds wont recharge. It sort of to punish you for using your energy to rapidly and not using it smart. Samething with recoil and bloom, after half your energy is gone, a light recoil will start and that will cause bloom to start, and the closer the energy gets to being empty the recoil will worsten. But recoil and bloom, to retain it, It wont effect the energy meter. Same with falls, it doesnt effect you until your competely out of energy, and it takes nothing out of the meter.
To recharge
Well, there is two ways to recharge your suit, wait or find a fusion coil for a fast recharge. When waiting it will take around a minute to get it to fully recharge(even that may be to fast, idk, What do you think?
Now the suit traits
Like i said there is a bubble shield, sprint, overshields?, invisiablty, and a helmet light. (the following is how i think the suit traits should work)
-BUBBLE SHIELD: the bubble shield is a simlpe rocket, tank, gun shot and missile block. The idea i got of how it should work is from the halo 3 cgi tailer. The bubble shield last 5 sec. if no damage is applied to it. Shorter if there is. When you put it down it drains half of your energy. Your in first person the hole time and unable to move. No one can get in because the would be dumb, i mean if people can get in then bullets should be able to go in as well.While in the shield you are in the post like in the halo 3 cgi tralier until it burst.Anyway any shots applied drains time till it burst then it automaticly sprints about 4 feet just to get away from any campers.
-helmet light
It is a light for darker places on the map and it drains the meter very slowly.
-Invisablity
It drains semi-fast and the lower your energy gets the poor quatily your invisabilty gets.
-sprint
Drains faster than invisabilty.
-Over shields?
Yes over shields, but in one use it drains all your energy. Then with no energy those other things come into play like bloom, making it hard to use and it only last ten seconds and its for those four on one battles. Also it will go into overshields if you have full shields but if you are missing even a small bit it recharges your shields without going into over shield (draining all your energy)so you need to time it right.

This would work in a halo game because it involves skill but yet gives everyone a fair and equal chance. I will be editing this in the future to add on to this idea that i just dont have time to type up as of right now so keep watching for it. :slight_smile:

I’d like bullet spread back thank you. No Bloom. Never. Again. Ever. Ever. Ever again.

As for what you’re suggesting… I think that might be taking what Halo is and adding a complex layer to it…

Think of it like this. Halo is made up of
Running to find a weapon, find someone to kill/objective to capture, or away.
Grenading
Jumping
Shooting
Powerups/Equipment which can turn the tide.

I think your idea is a little too far from the original gameplay currently existing in Halo. Reach went too far with armor abilities, loadouts, limiting running and jumping, upping grenade power, and increasing kill times. They also kinda screwed up the melee system. But that last one is highly debatable. When you introduce something that gives you that much of an advantage suddenly you’re running to find it… it becomes your primary goal. We kinda need to keep it simple… but at the same time add things that will increase the skill gap as to give players a sense of “getting better” or progressing as time goes on. Reach played too much into chance. In a Gametype called Power Slayer players get an overshield or Invisibility temporarily after killing another player. This gametype was kind of a failure. You’re suggesting a very similar idea.
-Travis

So essentially, every player spawns with every Armour Ability and every function possible?

Hell no.

> I’d like bullet spread back thank you. No Bloom. Never. Again. Ever. Ever. Ever again.
>
> As for what you’re suggesting… I think that might be taking what Halo is and adding a complex layer to it…
>
> Think of it like this. Halo is made up of
> Running to find a weapon, find someone to kill/objective to capture, or away.
> Grenading
> Jumping
> Shooting
> Powerups/Equipment which can turn the tide.
>
> I think your idea is a little too far from the original gameplay currently existing in Halo. Reach went too far with armor abilities, loadouts, limiting running and jumping, upping grenade power, and increasing kill times. They also kinda screwed up the melee system. But that last one is highly debatable. When you introduce something that gives you that much of an advantage suddenly you’re running to find it… it becomes your primary goal. We kinda need to keep it simple… but at the same time add things that will increase the skill gap as to give players a sense of “getting better” or progressing as time goes on. Reach played too much into chance. In a Gametype called Power Slayer players get an overshield or Invisibility temporarily after killing another player. This gametype was kind of a failure. You’re suggesting a very similar idea.
> -Travis

Thanks for your reply and could you read this tomorrow and see what you think after i explain the idea its very equal and supports the hard core gamer and tomorrow i will explain the think about bloom its not what you think.

> So essentially, every player spawns with every Armour Ability and every function possible?
>
> Hell no.

some what but tomorrow i will explain it.

Yeah… I’ll keep this open and check back tomorrow.

lol well I’m still here.

No, it will basically be a semi-Reach copy and I hate Reach.

You could’ve just called it an energy meter…

What could work somewhat better is having to toggle through each AA or whatnot, then it’d be a little more balanced. Only for campaign though. It just wouldn’t work in multiplayer.

Basically, you’d have a greater range of options in battles, but you’d still have to keep an eye on the meter so you don’t act like a total idiot.

The only good part of your idea is having multiple abilities that drain the same meter. For example, I want Sprint and Thrust Jump (a higher, thust pack assisted jump) to drain the same meter in Halo 4.

Sounds limited, just like AA’s.

How about we keep everything on the map and have players fight for it, like the first 3 Halo’s.

Why is there this need to deviate from what made Halo unique. What other FPS allows for the gameplay that Halo does? None. Keep it like that.

> Sounds limited, just like AA’s.
>
> How about we keep everything on the map and have players fight for it, like the first 3 Halo’s.
>
> Why is there this need to deviate from what made Halo unique. What other FPS allows for the gameplay that Halo does? None. Keep it like that.

Have you played Quake or Unreal?

> > Sounds limited, just like AA’s.
> >
> > How about we keep everything on the map and have players fight for it, like the first 3 Halo’s.
> >
> > Why is there this need to deviate from what made Halo unique. What other FPS allows for the gameplay that Halo does? None. Keep it like that.
>
> Have you played Quake or Unreal?

Those are not on the console.

> > > Sounds limited, just like AA’s.
> > >
> > > How about we keep everything on the map and have players fight for it, like the first 3 Halo’s.
> > >
> > > Why is there this need to deviate from what made Halo unique. What other FPS allows for the gameplay that Halo does? None. Keep it like that.
> >
> > Have you played Quake or Unreal?
>
> Those are not on the console.

Just pointing out the fact that there are other games out there that play like Halo. Halo did not invent the sci-fi shooter genre.

I know that. I meant on LIVE.

> Alright, well this is going to be a some what of a long post but this is how I feel Halo 4 should be so please consider what im saying and please no saying that this is not halo for two reasons. One its rude and childish >:O and number two I got the idea after replaying halo 2,halo 3,and with a side of reach:)! If you dislike the idea state so and tell me why you wouldn’t like this for a halo game without saying “its not halo”. My idea is very complex but easy to use and I gives the player options along with everyone having a good chance.
>
> Here it is!
>
> Okay, so i dont know what to call this idea but when refering to it just call it Fusion Coil(because that basicly what this is)in the comments below.
> But fusion coil concept allows the player to have options, support the hardcore gamer as well as making the game fun and enjoyable for the causal gamer. So for those of you that didn’t know, the unsc mainly get their power from a fusion coil which is a big battery. Im 99 percent sure the spartan amour runs off it too. But anyway,the amour will cotain a certain amount of energy which allows the player to perform certain task or abilties that allows the player to shape the game to the way they want to play.
>
> Energy
> So the energy will allow the play to perform the following task: produce a bubble sheild, recharge shields/produce overshields, go invisiable, maitain a flashlight/helmet light, maintain gun recoil and prevent rectciol bloom, as well as surviving fatial falls.
>
> Controller axcess
> so if halo four was to be a xbox 360 game then it would use a standard 360 controller. So let me tell you how you could fit all these abilties or charater traits in to the game without pressing odd button combos just to perform a certain task, because when your in combat you dont have much time to think about the buttons your pressing. so Sprint is LB, Helmet light is up on the d-pad, Bubble shield is left on the d-pad, invisablity is right on the d-pad, and fast shield recharge/ten second overshield Is down on the d-pad. All that without effecting the button placement if halo 4’s controlls are similar to the reach layout.

dude u know y people r telling u that ur ideas arnt halo its because they arnt they are cod stop tryinh to -Yoink- up halo more than bungie have alredy done when they realesd odst and reach 343 needs to fix the francise not make it worse

^^^^
what? that made no sense, all i see is a response to all the complains about starting unequal, all you do is spawn with all of them ( no AL :stuck_out_tongue: ) and bam! Your ok, i think this is a great idea, even though you seem to have drawn inspiration from crysis 2.

Update… about time. Look at the second op

So, I like the idea a lot, but there are a few things that might need to be looked at. I love the energy idea. The energy could power the entire suit, even the shields. The thing is, is there any use in multiplayer for a helmet light? And if sprint would probably need to not use energy, because if energy controlled shields as well as abilities, it would sprint would become a disadvantage. I like the idea of a bubble shield idea, but I think it should work like a slightly stronger drop shield (minus the healing effects) that drained your shields on use, but from inside you invulnerable. This would add a new level of strategy. Noobs couldn’t use it like armor lock in Halo: Reach. If they are getting stuck they can use it, but it will drain there shields. You will need to either same it for dire situations, or use it to stop a plasma mortar from cross mapping you. I like invisibility, but I don’t know if you could give a player both at the same time. I might work I don’t know. Jetpack could be brought back, but they could make it more like a jump pack making you jump higher, and cushioning falls. What I was thinking was, maybe you can choose like 2 abilities from the customization screen, and you can use those abilities, but they drain your energy so you’d have to be careful. There could be a few choices, and maybe some could be lock until a certain rank or something. There really is a lot you can do with this idea, and I like it a lot. As of right now I’m just throwing out Ideas, but this is a really cool thing I’d love to see implemented. Also, I think it actually might be a little more true to the story. The fusion reactor in the suit is mentioned in the books, and it would be cool to add that little cool thing in there.