(Please Read) A complaint on Helmets are Armors

Does anyone else feel that the Helmets/Armors’ rarity isn’t what they should be what they are now? Like it seems to me 343 just label any random Helmet as “Mythic”; the ones with the 3-star badge. But I think that the “Mythic” helmets marked with a 3-star badge should only be the ones that can’t be unlocked from normal Gold or Silver REQ packs (Classic Helmets, Athlon Champion, Achilles and Challenger)

If not, here’s my other option: Make the aforementioned helmets Legendary and only make the 2 secret helmets; Whale and the Pig helmets “Mythics”. The Classic Helmets rarity from Rare to all Legendary, Achilles from Ultra Rare to Legendary and Challenger from Ultra Rare to Legendary

Mythics are unique because they are used by a main character in the universe, are “glitches” in the system, or are obtained through certain objectives. Also the permanent mythics you get from REQ packs are heavily weighted to be some of the last items you get. The rarity makes sense

I did always think it was odd that Achilles is only Ultra Rare, and not Legendary.

> 2533274925659281;2:
> Mythics are unique because they are used by a main character in the universe, are “glitches” in the system, or are obtained through certain objectives. Also the permanent mythics you get from REQ packs are heavily weighted to be some of the last items you get. The rarity makes sense

Then again, some “Mythic” helmets; Mark VI (Scarred), Helioskrill Nightfall, etc. can be unlocked from other Halo media. And now, they’ve just made it pointless for those who took hours for completing all campaigns on Legendary in MCC. But i base the rarity of a helmet on what it takes to unlock them, not which character wears it in the Halo lore

> Then again, some “Mythic” helmets; Mark VI (Scarred), Helioskrill Nightfall, etc. can be unlocked from other Halo media. And now, they’ve just made it pointless for those who took hours for completing all campaigns on Legendary in MCC. But i base the rarity of a helmet on what it takes to unlock them, not which character wears it in the Halo lore

MCC has some issues unlocking achievements. I have encountered this a few times with swarms of achievements being unlocked when playing it. I can see why 343i chose to have those items become available in the req packs. They are still able to be unlocked from the other media though. Also Its not entirely pointless because it still takes a long time to unlock them.

The rarity of the helmets is determined by the probability of unlocking them in a pack, not by the number of people who have them. And even though things that are unlockable via MCC are also now in the REQ packs, their rarity makes it improbable that they will be unlocked early; in that respect, it will still take most players a long time to unlock them. 343i applies the “Mythic” title to things that have relation to important characters in the lore. Beyond that the Mythics aren’t all that special compared to other Legendaries. It would be silly and pointless for them to go an change all the rarities on the permanents at this stage just so that you can have labels be where you think they’re more appropriate.

> 2533274843634673;3:
> I did always think it was odd that Achilles is only Ultra Rare, and not Legendary.

Or Mythic/Legendary. The helmet is (imo) one of the best in the franchise.

You tryin’ to tell me the kit worn by FREAKING BLUE TEAM isn’t Mythic?
Un-uh. Forget it. If anything the only things that should be mythic are Chief’s custom MK VI, Centurion, Agrus and Hermes.
Well and Timmy.

I think it would be cool to be able to trade armors with friends and stuff, or just give it to someone if you dont want it. Same for visors, iv got the rampant visor but never use it and a freind of mine would like that visor but it is legendary. A further example would be “the same freind” has the noble helm but he dosent like how it looks, but you cant get rid of it, i dont mind the look of the helm but it is utra rare… get what i am sayn?

> 2533274797146670;9:
> I think it would be cool to be able to trade armors with friends and stuff, or just give it to someone if you dont want it. Same for visors, iv got the rampant visor but never use it and a freind of mine would like that visor but it is legendary. A further example would be “the same freind” has the noble helm but he dosent like how it looks, but you cant get rid of it, i dont mind the look of the helm but it is utra rare… get what i am sayn?

but this could be abused. like a person who has basically everything can give someone who just started everything the person is getting everything for free and not earning it. if they want something so bad they could A, buy req packs B, grind req points and buy packs and they’ll get what they want eventually.

> 2533274817408735;6:
> The rarity of the helmets is determined by the probability of unlocking them in a pack, not by the number of people who have them. And even though things that are unlockable via MCC are also now in the REQ packs, their rarity makes it improbable that they will be unlocked early; in that respect, it will still take most players a long time to unlock them. 343i applies the “Mythic” title to things that have relation to important characters in the lore. Beyond that the Mythics aren’t all that special compared to other Legendaries. It would be silly and pointless for them to go an change all the rarities on the permanents at this stage just so that you can have labels be where you think they’re more appropriate.

But, what if there’s people that doesn’t care about the Halo lore and they just want to play multiplayer?

> 2533274989469309;11:
> > 2533274817408735;6:
> > The rarity of the helmets is determined by the probability of unlocking them in a pack, not by the number of people who have them. And even though things that are unlockable via MCC are also now in the REQ packs, their rarity makes it improbable that they will be unlocked early; in that respect, it will still take most players a long time to unlock them. 343i applies the “Mythic” title to things that have relation to important characters in the lore. Beyond that the Mythics aren’t all that special compared to other Legendaries. It would be silly and pointless for them to go an change all the rarities on the permanents at this stage just so that you can have labels be where you think they’re more appropriate.
>
> But, what if there’s people that doesn’t care about the Halo lore and they just want to play multiplayer?

Then they can still unlock the armor/helmets the same way as everyone else, but they just won’t care that it was Chief’s helmet or Jorge’s chaingun or whatever. It’s very ignorable if you don’t care about lore. It also doesn’t really hurt anyone to label certain things “Mythic”; at the end of the day, it’s an arbitrary qualifier.

> 2533274989469309;1:
> Does anyone else feel that the Helmets/Armors’ rarity isn’t what they should be what they are now? Like it seems to me 343 just label any random Helmet as “Mythic”; the ones with the 3-star badge. But I think that the “Mythic” helmets marked with a 3-star badge should only be the ones that can’t be unlocked from normal Gold or Silver REQ packs (Classic Helmets, Athlon Champion, Achilles and Challenger)
>
> If not, here’s my other option: Make the aforementioned helmets Legendary and only make the 2 secret helmets; Whale and the Pig helmets “Mythics”. The Classic Helmets rarity from Rare to all Legendary, Achilles from Ultra Rare to Legendary and Challenger from Ultra Rare to Legendary

my problem with the armor and helmets is that they don’t look realistic or effective.