Please port on of the halo's to xbox one!

I do not care which of these you pick

Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Halo 4

Please as soon as possible, if it’s possible, put one of these games on the xbox one. My xbox one is a glorified paper weight without some kind of first person version of Halo. Honestly. If there is any possiblility of this say absolutley nothing at all. At which I will assume it will be within the week, because, I can’t possibly imagine microsoft would make their customers wait over a year after the console comes out with absolutley NO option of halo at all.

Please

and

Thank

You

Please port all

if not I am partial to halo 4

> I do not care which of these you pick
>
> Halo 2
> Halo 3
> Halo Reach
> Halo 4
>
> Please as soon as possible, if it’s possible, put one of these games on the xbox one. My xbox one is a glorified paper weight without some kind of first person version of Halo. Honestly. If there is any possiblility of this say absolutley nothing at all. At which I will assume it will be within the week, because, I can’t possibly imagine microsoft would make their customers wait over a year after the console comes out with absolutley NO option of halo at all.
>
> Please
>
> and
>
> Thank
>
> You

I don’t see why they won’t for all of these games because we all know -Yoink!- likes their pockets full of money and it would sure be a nice way to get some money for games that are already made.

You do realize all Halo games you listed can still be played on the Xbox 360, and the Xbox 360 video HDMI output can be connected to the HDMI video input on the Xbox One, and then streamed through your Xbox One.

> You do realize all Halo games you listed can still be played on the Xbox 360, and <mark>the Xbox 360 video HDMI output can be connected to the HDMI video input on the Xbox One, and then streamed through your Xbox One</mark>.

It can? I’ve tried this with my Xbox One and doesn’t work. Do you know a Youtube Vid that shows you what to do?

> > You do realize all Halo games you listed can still be played on the Xbox 360, and <mark>the Xbox 360 video HDMI output can be connected to the HDMI video input on the Xbox One, and then streamed through your Xbox One</mark>.
>
> It can? I’ve tried this with my Xbox One and doesn’t work. Do you know a Youtube Vid that shows you what to do?

I do believe it’s under the TV functions, I can’t really say much more than that, because so far, you have a better chance of figuring out than me, due to the fact that I do not own a Xbox One currently. But I’m sure there’s a Youtube video somewhere showing how. But I mostly know about this because of #1 I’ve seen photos of the ports on the back of the Xbox One, #2 I’ve seen news reports and articles about being able to connect Play Stations to it and doing the exact same thing with them, using the Xbox One.

> > > You do realize all Halo games you listed can still be played on the Xbox 360, and <mark>the Xbox 360 video HDMI output can be connected to the HDMI video input on the Xbox One, and then streamed through your Xbox One</mark>.
> >
> > It can? I’ve tried this with my Xbox One and doesn’t work. Do you know a Youtube Vid that shows you what to do?
>
> I do believe it’s under the TV functions, I can’t really say much more than that, because so far, you have a better chance of figuring out than me, due to the fact that I do not own a Xbox One currently. But I’m sure there’s a Youtube video somewhere showing how. But I mostly know about this because of #1 I’ve seen photos of the ports on the back of the Xbox One, #2 I’ve seen news reports and articles about being able to connect Play Stations to it and doing the exact same thing with them, using the Xbox One.

Okay. Thanks.

I realize that but…I traded by Xbox 360 in LOL

> > > > You do realize all Halo games you listed can still be played on the Xbox 360, and <mark>the Xbox 360 video HDMI output can be connected to the HDMI video input on the Xbox One, and then streamed through your Xbox One</mark>.
> > >
> > > It can? I’ve tried this with my Xbox One and doesn’t work. Do you know a Youtube Vid that shows you what to do?
> >
> > I do believe it’s under the TV functions, I can’t really say much more than that, because so far, you have a better chance of figuring out than me, due to the fact that I do not own a Xbox One currently. But I’m sure there’s a Youtube video somewhere showing how. But I mostly know about this because of #1 I’ve seen photos of the ports on the back of the Xbox One, #2 I’ve seen news reports and articles about being able to connect Play Stations to it and doing the exact same thing with them, using the Xbox One.
>
> Okay. Thanks.

I can fill in some more details since I just tried this today (plugging a PC into my XB1 through HDMI.)

  1. Go to the TV app.
  2. Agree to everything it asks you.
  3. Done.

You can then watch the feed through that app and play as you normally would on your xbox 360. That said though if your TV has an unfilled HDMI port anywhere on its surface it’s kind of pointless to stream another gaming device through an Xbox one. The DVR is restricted from recording the TV app (no free shows for you, or 360 game clips), you’re still left using the other device’s controller, and there is a very slight reduction in image quality and responsiveness versus the direct plug in. What it can give you though is access to your Xbox One app functions and friends while doing other things, but this makes far more sense when you can integrate it with Cable or some other non-interactive form of entertainment.

How about something original?

> How about something original?

Was waiting for a comment like this, which ironically is the least original thing in this thread.

Yes I think we’re all hanging out for new Halo content for the XB1, but in the meantime I’m sure there are people out there who would like to see, for convenience, a port or two.

> Yes I think we’re all hanging out for new Halo content for the XB1, but in the meantime I’m sure there are people out there who would like to see, for convenience, a port or two.

Like Spartan Assault? It’s Halo, it’s a port, and it’s on the Xbox One. I think if our interest is solely on getting the brand name on the new system, it’s already been done.

> > Yes I think we’re all hanging out for new Halo content for the XB1, but in the meantime I’m sure there are people out there who would like to see, for convenience, a port or two.
>
> Like Spartan Assault? It’s Halo, it’s a port, and it’s on the Xbox One. I think if our interest is solely on getting the brand name on the new system, it’s already been done.

Unless you feel that any Halo title that’s not a FPS, is not a real Halo game.
Then, please smack your self in the back of the head, and move away from that line of thinking.

Other than Halo Spartan Assault, I really do not see any other Halo games being ported to the Xbox One at this time, mostly because if they did have at least one port in the works, they would of said something, and because if they was to start working on porting a game now, by the time it’s ready to be released, it’d be either around the time of Halo Xbox One’s release, OR after. Spartan Assault was a Mobile game, they the developed, and most likely had the Xbox One version in the works around the same time they was developing it for the PC and mobile devices. So they could get away with a speedy release.

> How about something original?

I agree to an extent, but I’d be up for a port/remake if it meant giving them more time to work on newer games.

That’s part of why I want a Halo 2 anniversary. Give’s them an extra couple years to work on Halo 5 and many people still get something they want.

> > > > > You do realize all Halo games you listed can still be played on the Xbox 360, and <mark>the Xbox 360 video HDMI output can be connected to the HDMI video input on the Xbox One, and then streamed through your Xbox One</mark>.
> > > >
> > > > It can? I’ve tried this with my Xbox One and doesn’t work. Do you know a Youtube Vid that shows you what to do?
> > >
> > > I do believe it’s under the TV functions, I can’t really say much more than that, because so far, you have a better chance of figuring out than me, due to the fact that I do not own a Xbox One currently. But I’m sure there’s a Youtube video somewhere showing how. But I mostly know about this because of #1 I’ve seen photos of the ports on the back of the Xbox One, #2 I’ve seen news reports and articles about being able to connect Play Stations to it and doing the exact same thing with them, using the Xbox One.
> >
> > Okay. Thanks.
>
> I can fill in some more details since I just tried this today (plugging a PC into my XB1 through HDMI.)
>
> 1. Go to the TV app.
> 2. Agree to everything it asks you.
> 3. Done.
>
> You can then watch the feed through that app and play as you normally would on your xbox 360. That said though if your TV has an unfilled HDMI port anywhere on its surface it’s kind of pointless to stream another gaming device through an Xbox one. The DVR is restricted from recording the TV app (no free shows for you, or 360 game clips), you’re still left using the other device’s controller, and there is a very slight reduction in image quality and responsiveness versus the direct plug in. What it can give you though is access to your Xbox One app functions and friends while doing other things, but this makes far more sense when you can integrate it with Cable or some other non-interactive form of entertainment.

The problem with this is there is about a quarter second of lag when playing 360 games through xbox one. Microsoft even said that this was not optimal.

> > How about something original?
>
> I agree to an extent, but I’d be up for a port/remake if it meant giving them more time to work on newer games.
>
> That’s part of why I want a Halo 2 anniversary. Give’s them an extra couple years to work on Halo 5 and many people still get something they want.

But Halo 2 Anniversary will never be what people want. You’ll have the campaign, but it will never have the multiplayer that gave Halo 2 its longevity. It would just be a waste of time. With AAA games like TitanFall on the horizon looking to shake up the online shooter market, what is Halos introduction to next-gen gaming? A port of a top-down mobile game and/or ports of old Halo games?

Talk about going out with a whimper.

I think Halo4 would be the best game too port if so since 343 has more controll over it than the older games.

Just hold on for one year. In the meantime, there are a bunch of other great games coming out for the Xbox One. You should check out Titanfall.

> I think Halo4 would be the best game too port if so since 343 has more controll over it than the older games.

Microsoft has control of the entire Halo franchise, why would 343i have less control over previous Halos?

> > I think Halo4 would be the best game too port if so since 343 has more controll over it than the older games.
>
> Microsoft has control of the entire Halo franchise, why would 343i have less control over previous Halos?

I think he means 343i has the original Developer files that make up Halo 4, and not much of the developer files from past games.