Please no sprinting it ruins the game for me

As the title says, all my friends and I agree that sprint ruins the game for us if you want sprint go play a military shooter no one can argue that halo was a lot more popular without sprint, load outs, and armor abilities go back to the basic and see the game rise again 343!

Sprint ruins map movement it turns Halo into something unbalanced and chaotic rather than a controlled game where as everything runs smoothly.

My only problem with Sprint is that it leads to up-scaled Maps. Otherwise it’s fine and removing it would hurt Custom Games abilities. (Even though Custom Games are currently limited when it comes to Sprinting)

As a Campaign player it’s a freaking god send

[deleted]

I really like it, its good they gave us it as well as letting us have a armour mod. only if it lasted a little bit longer :frowning:

I’ve came up with potential Sprinting fixes for loadout weapons:
Automatic weapons will just stop people sprinting
Precision Weapons will stop them sprinting for 2.5 seconds
Sidearms will stop them sprinting for 1 second

These will only apply to multiplayer

> I’ve came up with potential Sprinting fixes for loadout weapons:
> Automatic weapons will just stop people sprinting
> Precision Weapons will stop them sprinting for 2.5 seconds
> Sidearms will stop them sprinting for 1 second
>
> These will only apply to multiplayer

What’s the point of these? Sprinting adds nothing to the competitive multiplayer as a base ability and causes more problems than it’s worth. Also, why make all the weapons have a different effect, wouldn’t it be easier just to have a person stop sprinting after being shot? Simple is best.

> > I’ve came up with potential Sprinting fixes for loadout weapons:
> > Automatic weapons will just stop people sprinting
> > Precision Weapons will stop them sprinting for 2.5 seconds
> > Sidearms will stop them sprinting for 1 second
> >
> > These will only apply to multiplayer
>
> What’s the point of these? Sprinting adds nothing to the competitive multiplayer as a base ability and causes more problems than it’s worth. Also, why make all the weapons have a different effect, wouldn’t it be easier just to have a person stop sprinting after being shot? Simple is best.

For Casual play having quick map movement is good, think with automatics you are getting hit by a barrage of bullets, I’d find it harder to run, Sidearms wouldn’t do much to stop someone moving, and the Precision just sounded right

> > > I’ve came up with potential Sprinting fixes for loadout weapons:
> > > Automatic weapons will just stop people sprinting
> > > Precision Weapons will stop them sprinting for 2.5 seconds
> > > Sidearms will stop them sprinting for 1 second
> > >
> > > These will only apply to multiplayer
> >
> > What’s the point of these? Sprinting adds nothing to the competitive multiplayer as a base ability and causes more problems than it’s worth. Also, why make all the weapons have a different effect, wouldn’t it be easier just to have a person stop sprinting after being shot? Simple is best.
>
> For Casual play having quick map movement is good, think with automatics you are getting hit by a barrage of bullets, I’d find it harder to run, Sidearms wouldn’t do much to stop someone moving, and the Precision just sounded right

You don’t need sprint to have quick map movement. Making the game more complex and more confusing can turn players off more easily. It would be much better to knock people out of sprint completely when they’re shot enough.

The main problem with is that it needs certain limitations and better designed maps. I’ve played maps in Halo 4 that work well with sprint such as Monolith, Skyline, Haven, and Solace and when in a match I personally experience that the map wasn’t broken due to sprint but instant respawn and bad spawning points.
Now a comprise could be that sprint is disabled when a player is damaged and will only reactivate if the players shields recharge. A lot of the community complain that Halo “5” needs to be exactly like Halo 3 but what we don’t realize is that if we want halo to repeatedly be built off halo 3 than Halo will merely create the franchise effect of call of duty in which every year you get the same title but with minor differences, so to prevent this 343 industries decided to evolve the series and add sprint and armor abilities hoping to mix up the franchise and prevent it from getting stale.

honestly sprint isn’t to bad… but I wouldn’t mind a classic playlist that has old maps and no sprint. Also it could have no armor attachments and just be the original slayer. I feel like everyone can agree with that?

> honestly sprint isn’t to bad… but I wouldn’t mind a classic playlist that has old maps and no sprint. Also it could have no armor attachments and just be the original slayer. I feel like everyone can agree with that?

Sprint isn’t good for Halo in general. Gametypes like in Reach can work, but especially as a base ability it’s bad for the game. If anything, no sprint should be standard in Matchmaking except in playlists like Invasion, Action Sack, H:Reach-style slayer, or maybe even BTB if the maps work right.

i liked sprint in reach but hated it in 4. i feel like if done right sprint can be a good thing. i just think no ones found the right balance yet.

> The main problem with is that it needs certain limitations and better designed maps. I’ve played maps in Halo 4 that work well with sprint such as Monolith, Skyline, Haven, and Solace and when in a match I personally experience that the map wasn’t broken due to sprint but instant respawn and bad spawning points.
> Now a comprise could be that sprint is disabled when a player is damaged and will only reactivate if the players shields recharge. A lot of the community complain that Halo “5” needs to be exactly like Halo 3 but what we don’t realize is that if we want halo to repeatedly be built off halo 3 than Halo will merely create the franchise effect of call of duty in which every year you get the same title but with minor differences, so to prevent this 343 industries decided to evolve the series and add sprint and armor abilities hoping to mix up the franchise and prevent it from getting stale.

But I buy COD every year because… … it’s the same game every year. If I want a different type of game, I’ll just buy a different game. I keep purchasing the games I buy because there are only MINOR differences in gameplay.

I think they should keep sprint. But they should do some touches with it. I find it very annoying when people run away from me when Im about to kill them and having to chase them down will lead me into their spawning teammates, making me get triple teamed. If I wanted them to remove sprint it would be to stop people from running away all the time

> As the title says, all my friends and I agree that sprint ruins the game for us if you want sprint go play a military shooter no one can argue that halo was a lot more popular without sprint, load outs, and armor abilities go back to the basic and see the game rise again 343!

Halo was most popular with Halo 3.

That was because there were No loadouts, No AA, No Perks, No Ordnance.

These are the things that are ruining Halo.

I have recently played Halo 3, and the only thing I missed was sprint.
I do hope that the next Halo is an evolved version of Halo 3 and not Halo 4.

It wouldn’t bother me if Sprint was in re removed.

I support sprint, but it CANNOT work in tandem with instant respawn. I like the “you can’t sprint unless your shield is fully charged” idea.

> The main problem with is that it needs certain limitations and better designed maps. I’ve played maps in Halo 4 that work well with sprint such as Monolith, Skyline, Haven, and Solace and when in a match I personally experience that the map wasn’t broken due to sprint but instant respawn and bad spawning points.
> Now a comprise could be that sprint is disabled when a player is damaged and will only reactivate if the players shields recharge. A lot of the community complain that Halo “5” needs to be exactly like Halo 3 but what we don’t realize is that if we want halo to repeatedly be built off halo 3 than Halo will merely create the franchise effect of call of duty in which every year you get the same title but with minor differences, so to prevent this 343 industries decided to evolve the series and add sprint and armor abilities hoping to mix up the franchise and prevent it from getting stale.

Halo 4 would be very much like Halo 3, but only evolved if REACH had evolved from Halo 3.

Unfortunately REACH is very different to Halo 3. And Halo 4 is an evolved version of Halo REACH.

Imagine how great Halo 4 would be, if REACH had evolved from Halo 3.

You are correct, we do want to see games evolve. but too big a change IE) Halo 3 to REACH, is not a good evolve.

The perfect evolution step was Halo 2 to Halo 3.

Halo 3 is almost the same game. But has much better graphics. And all the bugs fixed from Halo 2. And adds new weapons and vehicles to the sandbox, and adds new maps.

The only change was the addition of Equipment.

If REACH had followed this path and evolved from Halo 3. It would be how it is now, but with the removal of loadouts and AA. And AA would had been new equipment.

Everyone would had been happy and accepted the changes. REACH however did not do this. And this is when Halo began its downfall path.

Also the removal of RANKED Playlist in REACH and Halo 4, has also hurt the game.

343 should know this from the feedback from many many people.

I do think however becasue of the differences between Halo 2/3 and Halo REACH/4. 2 Playlist will be required to support both groups.

A Classic Playlist (Halo 2/3) and a Infinity Playlist (Halo REACH/4).

This can easily be done, and can be done right now. And with Legendary Slayer about to be released into Matchmaking. We are on our way there (just need BR Starts as well).

> > > > I’ve came up with potential Sprinting fixes for loadout weapons:
> > > > Automatic weapons will just stop people sprinting
> > > > Precision Weapons will stop them sprinting for 2.5 seconds
> > > > Sidearms will stop them sprinting for 1 second
> > > >
> > > > These will only apply to multiplayer
> > >
> > > What’s the point of these? Sprinting adds nothing to the competitive multiplayer as a base ability and causes more problems than it’s worth. Also, why make all the weapons have a different effect, wouldn’t it be easier just to have a person stop sprinting after being shot? Simple is best.
> >
> > For Casual play having quick map movement is good, think with automatics you are getting hit by a barrage of bullets, I’d find it harder to run, Sidearms wouldn’t do much to stop someone moving, and the Precision just sounded right
>
> You don’t need sprint to have quick map movement. Making the game more complex and more confusing can turn players off more easily. <mark>It would be much better to knock people out of sprint completely when they’re shot enough.</mark>

That was the most logical solution in my mind, the only area that it is imbalanced in is the “Get outta Jail Free Card” and that completely quells that issue. It also combats the desire to upscale Maps with Sprint in mind.