Please no Grinding like in Reach...

I really hope that in order to get to SR-50 it does not take nearly as long as it did to get to Inheritor. If Sr-50 takes as much time as perhaps General in Reach that would be reasonable, than with all of the Specializations that would be about Hero or Legend. That would make sense, but to get to Inheritor was a grind. (Yes my current account is only an Eclipse, but my first was an Inheritor).
Does anyone know how long it will take to get to SR-50 as compared to leveling/grinding in Reach?

> I really hope that in order to get to SR-50 it does not take nearly as long as it did to get to Inheritor. If Sr-50 takes as much time as perhaps General in Reach that would be reasonable, than with all of the Specializations that would be about Hero or Legend. That would make sense, but to get to Inheritor was a grind. (Yes <mark>my current account is only an Eclipse, but my first was an Inheritor)</mark>.
> Does anyone know how long it will take to get to SR-50 as compared to leveling/grinding in Reach?

Say whaaat?
I’m on my ‘first’ account and have been playing mainly halo reach since release and i am only a noble (shortly - I mean shortly, going on eclipse)

They’ve mentioned something about maxing all the specializations would be similar in-terms of playtime to getting to Inheritor.

> They’ve mentioned something about maxing all the specializations would be similar in-terms of playtime to getting to Inheritor.

I honestly hope this is not the case. Inheritor took ridiculously long, and I definitely don’t want to be unlocking game-changing content at that point.

> They’ve mentioned something about maxing all the specializations would be similar in-terms of playtime to getting to Inheritor.

wow…if that is the case than I probably wont play it for too long…Inheritor was a grind and became tedious…I didnt find it fun. Getting to a 50 in Halo 3 didnt take as long as Reach, Halo 4 shouldnt either personally…

> > They’ve mentioned something about maxing all the specializations would be similar in-terms of playtime to getting to Inheritor.
>
> I honestly hope this is not the case. Inheritor took ridiculously long, and I definitely don’t want to be unlocking game-changing content at that point.

I agree…unlocking Specialization mods at that late in the grind fest would be worthless

> > They’ve mentioned something about maxing all the specializations would be similar in-terms of playtime to getting to Inheritor.
>
> wow…if that is the case than I probably wont play it for too long…Inheritor was a grind and became tedious…I didnt find it fun. Getting to a 50 in Halo 3 didnt take as long as Reach, Halo 4 shouldnt either personally…

but you don’t need to max all of them, only the ones you use

> > > They’ve mentioned something about maxing all the specializations would be similar in-terms of playtime to getting to Inheritor.
> >
> > wow…if that is the case than I probably wont play it for too long…Inheritor was a grind and became tedious…I didnt find it fun. Getting to a 50 in Halo 3 didnt take as long as Reach, Halo 4 shouldnt either personally…
>
> but you don’t need to max all of them, only the ones you use

Yeah thats true. But to get the Specialization armor, armor skins and weapon skins as well you have to complete them in order to move on to the next to get more armor and kins etc. I would be very very disappointed if it really did take as long as Inheritor…that would mak me sad. Reach was tedious and took too long…too monotonous

LOL where is the proof of how long it will take? I don’t think it’s going to be as long as reach at all! When you have game changing content it won’t take that long.

Seriously there is no reason to even complete all the specializations other than simply having that SR rank. It is not like you are going to be utilizing them all during average matchmaking gameplay. Granted you’ll use the vehicle spec’s when you play BTB or objective games every now and then, but when you’re playing slayer that is likely not the case.

Sometimes switching up strategies is how you win!

But like I said, I doubt, it’s going to be a long grind,I just think that would be insane, and if it is a long grind, i’m buying more DOUBLE EXP I GUESS! LOL

Max rank is SR 130. (50 initial ranks + 80 Specialisation ranks)

For people who want to achieve max rank and are not too fussed about using a certain specialisation then there’s Pioneer to gain additional xp.

For those wanting to gain specific specialisations and not bothered with max rank, choose your preferred specialisations first.

> Max rank is SR 130. (50 initial ranks + 80 Specialisation ranks)
>
>
> For people who want to achieve max rank and are not too fussed about using a certain specialisation then there’s Pioneer to gain additional xp.
>
> For those wanting to gain specific specialisations and not bothered with max rank, choose your preferred specialisations first.

Yeah we get how the system works, but that doesnt really explain HOW LONG it will take to reach Sr-50 which was my first post…

Ha ha ha well shoot. I’ve had Reach sinse day one and I’m les than half through hero. Ooh this is gonna be tedious.

> LOL where is the proof of how long it will take? I don’t think it’s going to be as long as reach at all! When you have game changing content it won’t take that long.

I agree…when implementing game changing content like CoD (dont flame) it should not take a really long time to level. Leveling to SR-50 at a similar pace as CoD would make sense

Im faily certain that they recently said in one of the weekly bulletins that the ranking from 1-10 for each specialization will take about the same amout of time as SR40-50 takes. Now im not sure how long that will take but I get the impression that it cant be that long, and certainly wont be the exponential climb from one rank to the next like halo reach was when trying to get to inheritor.

here is the link and quote

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/10/10/The-Halo-Bulletin-101012-.aspx

> Once you hit SR-50, you have the option to enlist in a new Specialization. You can choose which of the available Specializations to enlist in.
>
> Specializations are composed of ten levels each. As you rank up in Specializations, you will unlock new armor sets, emblems, visor colors, armor and weapon skins and armor mods – which provide even more options to customize your Spartan-IV to fit your preferred role on the battlefield.
>
> Once you commit to a Specialization, you have to complete it before switching to a new one. It will take roughly as long to complete a Specialization as it does to go from SR-40 to SR-50.

Hopefully the grind isn’t too bad…

> Im faily certain that they recently said in one of the weekly bulletins that the ranking from 1-10 for each specialization will take about the same amout of time as SR40-50 takes. Now im not sure how long that will take but I get the impression that it cant be that long, and certainly wont be the exponential climb from one rank to the next like halo reach was when trying to get to inheritor.

Yeah I read that too, and from that I gathered leveling SR-1 to SR-50 would be similar to CoD leveling. And as ROOST3R 117 stated, when implementing game changing aspects into the leveling, the amount of time cant be ridiculous. Or at least hopefully not…lol

Well, considering specializations are endgame content, it’ll take as long to get from SR-40 to SR-50 (for each spec)