Please, No Cliffhanger Ending for Halo Infinite.

While I didn’t get to Halo early enough to play Halo 2 at launch (started at Halo: CEA) I do know how mad people were about the ending of that game. Waiting 3 years for Halo 3 was probably dreadful. And it seems 343 is ending their games like the original trilogy did. CE and 4 had an ending that did not need a sequel, but left the doors open for one. Halo 2 and 5 have a cliffhanger ending. And since it is the Reclaimer Saga, Halo Infinte will definitely not be the last Halo game in the main storyline. So, please have an ending not like 2, but like CE. An ending that could be acceptable as the end if the franchise would be to fail, but leaves the door open. Just my thoughts, I’m sure 343 has taken this into account and made sure the game’s ending leads into Halo: Eternal (my name for Halo 7, which will most likely be the last Halo game) in a nice way.

Besides the spin off games, I think H4 was the only halo game that didn’t have a cliffhanger.
HaloCE, H2, H3, H5 all had cliff hangers in the last cutscene or the legendary cutscene.

but yes overall I dislike cliffhangers in stories.

I just really want the created arc to end

> 2533275031939856;3:
> I just really want the created arc to end

Same here. I at least hope that the Created storyline will lead into something to do with the Precursors or the Flood. Even though they are essentially the same thing.

> 2533275031939856;3:
> I just really want the created arc to end

Whats the created arc? Thx

> 2533274826044245;5:
> > 2533275031939856;3:
> > I just really want the created arc to end
>
> Whats the created arc? Thx

By created are I mean all the AI revolution stuff. I.E. I just want the fight with Cortana to be over.

> 2533275031939856;6:
> > 2533274826044245;5:
> > > 2533275031939856;3:
> > > I just really want the created arc to end
> >
> > Whats the created arc? Thx
>
> By created are I mean all the AI revolution stuff. I.E. I just want the fight with Cortana to be over.

Ok i follow. Yeah that doesnt seem to intriguing. I hope they go back to some classic boss fights lile Tartarus & the one Elitle in H2 (forget his name), and even the prophet in h1. Maybe even a hog run :smiley:

> 2533274909139271;2:
> Besides the spin off games, I think H4 was the only halo game that didn’t have a cliffhanger.
> HaloCE, H2, H3, H5 all had cliff hangers in the last cutscene or the legendary cutscene.
>
> but yes overall I dislike cliffhangers in stories.

I wouldn’t say that. I think there’s a difference between a cliffhanger and an ending that’s left open for a sequel. Halo 1 and 3 had climaxes followed by cutscenes that left them open. In Halo CE, the climax was when Master Chief escaped Halo just before he destroyed it. In Halo 2, he was aboard the Forerunner ship heading towards Earth. He says that he’s “finishing this fight,” and then the game ends without a climax (at least for Chief’s half of the story.)

I feel like this will closer to Halo 3 since it was well received all around and the art style resembles it. As far as the ending goes it could go either way. It seems like they are starting from scratch so it’s really hard to tell. Let’s hope its a fulfilling ending instead of a straight up cliffhanger.

> 2533274909139271;2:
> Besides the spin off games, I think H4 was the only halo game that didn’t have a cliffhanger.
> HaloCE, H2, H3, H5 all had cliff hangers in the last cutscene or the legendary cutscene.
>
> but yes overall I dislike cliffhangers in stories.

I don’t consider the endings of Halos 1 and 3 as cliffhangers. The same goes for Halo Wars. Only Halo 2, Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 end on actual cliffhangers. Halos 1 and 3 are simply open-ended, implying that even though the story is complete, the timeline will still continue without us. And of course, as the OP mentioned, they allow the possibility of either continuing the franchise or ending it at those points. When I played Halos 1 and 3 (not knowing any sequels would later be released) I was completely satisfied with their endings. Halos 2 and 5, on the other hand, are incomplete stories. That’s the difference.