Please nerf...

the boltshot, it is by far the most OP weapon in the game. You shouldn’t be able to spawn with a weapon that is legitimately better than a power weapon. It’s pretty bad when your secondary spawn weapon is 10x better than a weapon that is considered to be a power weapon(scatter shot). It just seems like everybody is using the boltshot because it’s pretty much an automatic kill, far too easy and strong.

It’s only a 1-shot kill if you’re foolish enough to run around corners blindly or run toward people who have it equipped. Seriously, I’ve bumped into many of them and slapped myself for being stupid. Keep some distance and it won’t do a scratch to your armour and leave them needing to reload whilst you bash their skulls in.
It’s not OP, it’s just effective at its job. :slight_smile:

Agreed, a boltshot should not be able to beat a shotgun/ scattershot up close when they’re fired at the same time, which it does…frequently =/

I think it should have a charge similar to the Spartan Laser, rather than the Railgun.

With the Spartan Laser, you have to time it perfectly. At the moment, it’s more like the Railgun where it charges up and it’ll stay charged for a second or so before it automatically fires. It gives you time to adjust your aim.

I disagree with you, OP. The bolt shot is perfectly fine. If you feel it is dramatically overpowered you should adopt it into your load out. I personally feel it is dangerous to wield and easily countered. These “NERF THIS WEAPON” threads are dangerous and lead to castration and mutilation of a very well made game.

> It’s only a 1-shot kill if you’re foolish enough to run around corners blindly or run toward people who have it equipped. Seriously, I’ve bumped into many of them and slapped myself for being stupid. Keep some distance and it won’t do a scratch to your armour and leave them needing to reload whilst you bash their skulls in.
> It’s not OP, it’s just effective at its job. :slight_smile:

No, it’s more accurate and likely to get a kill in close quarters than a bloody scattershot or shotgun!! … tell me how this makes sense in ANY way shape or form?

> > It’s only a 1-shot kill if you’re foolish enough to run around corners blindly or run toward people who have it equipped. Seriously, I’ve bumped into many of them and slapped myself for being stupid. Keep some distance and it won’t do a scratch to your armour and leave them needing to reload whilst you bash their skulls in.
> > It’s not OP, it’s just effective at its job. :slight_smile:
>
> No, it’s more accurate and likely to get a kill in close quarters than a bloody scattershot or shotgun!! … tell me how this makes sense in ANY way shape or form?

You’re either lying or terrible at the game, I’ve killed more people with the shotgun (scattershot AND UNSC) when it comes head to head with an enemy using the boltshot. It’s easily avoidable.

What I meant to say when I said it’s better than a scatter shot is that if I pick up a scatter shot i’m not guaranteed a kill, but if I use the boltshot i’m almost always going to get a few easy kills with it. It’s basically a mauler and a magnum mixed, OP.

Nah it’s essentially a mauler, basically the replacement for it anyway. You’re complaining about a gun which has very limited ammo, a range shorter than the scattershot and the accuracy of your average Call of Duty player. If you can get a good hit, close up, then you deserve that instant kill on the enemy.

If it’s the “replacement” for the mauler than it should NOT be available to be used a secondary in your load outs. And i’m complaining because it’s FAR too easy to use. If you use it you’re almost guaranteed to get at least 2 easy kills with it. You can’t even argue with me that it’s not OP.