Please make Spartan teams more colorful

The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red one on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it looks really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.

From a lore standpoint, what sense would it make to color soldiers armor bright and varied colors?

> 2533274807881644;1:
> The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red in on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it look really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.

You do realize that all Spartan-IIs wore the same sage MK V and Mk VI until 343i came in right? Well aside from Black and Gray team… And if you look at Escalation, you’d see Spartans in all sorts of colors.

> 2533274883849234;3:
> > 2533274807881644;1:
> > The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red in on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it look really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.
>
>
> You do realize that all Spartan-IIs wore the same sage MK V and Mk VI until 343i came in right? Well aside form Black and Gray team…

I kinda wish they kept that trend. I guess spartans just rely on active camo though.

> 2533274807881644;1:
> The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red in on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it look really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.

Good god no. Why would you want a team of Spartan power rangers?

Based on their appearance in H2A, Fireteam Osiris gets lots of glowing accent colors on top of their primarily dull suits. Works with their high-tech theme.

Blue Team shouldn’t be too brightly colored, in my opinion. They’re all one man armies, legends who’ve fought in huge battles for a long, long time, and their armor should reflect that.

> 2533274894863132;4:
> > 2533274883849234;3:
> > > 2533274807881644;1:
> > > The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red in on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it look really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.
> >
> >
> > You do realize that all Spartan-IIs wore the same sage MK V and Mk VI until 343i came in right? Well aside form Black and Gray team…
>
>
> I kinda wish they kept that trend. I guess spartans just rely on active camo though.

If they wanted camo they’d be in grey or brown like most UNSC cities, and wouldn’t have reflective gold visors.

I’m sort of surprised part of blue team is blue though, feels odd with chief being green.

> 2533274800197828;5:
> > 2533274807881644;1:
> > The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red in on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it look really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.
>
>
> Good god no. Why would you want a team of Spartan power rangers?

…YES D:<
God what wrong with you guys? Halo 1-2 has shown us that vibrant colors works better from a gameplay standpoint. None of the games after that have held up since. Sure we have higher def character models but the colors that made halo so interesting and easy to recognize enemies/ various characters have been less prominent.

Realistic colors dont work for fantasy/ SCIFI games like this.

Edit: I read your reply wrong, thought you directly asked do I want them to look like power rangers, I didn’t see the “why” part.

In short- it works better gameplay wise, keeps track of who is who easier. The way halo used to be.

> 2533274807881644;8:
> > 2533274800197828;5:
> > > The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red in on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it look really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.
> >
> >
> > Good god no. Why would you want a team of Spartan power rangers?
>
>
> …YES D:<
> God what wrong with you guys? Halo 1-2 has shown us that vibrant colors works better from a gameplay standpoint. None of the games after that have held up since. Sure we have higher def character models but the colors that made halo so interesting and easy to recognize enemies/ various characters have been less prominent.
>
> Realistic colors dont work for fantasy/ SCIFI games like this.

Of course it works in Sci Fi games like this, just because we’re “in the future” doesn’t mean that we would abandon common sense. In a standing military you dress for what best suits the mission that you’re undertaking. If you’re heading into a jungle environment your wear green and brown, if you’re going into a city you wear black and gray. Realistically you’re ability to blend in with your environment could very well keep your head from getting blown clean off.

> 2533274894863132;4:
> > 2533274883849234;3:
> >
> >
> > You do realize that all Spartan-IIs wore the same sage MK V and Mk VI until 343i came in right? Well aside form Black and Gray team…
>
>
> I kinda wish they kept that trend. I guess spartans just rely on active camo though.

Yeah, I KNOW, but I don’t care about that anymore, it’s clear they aren’t sticking to the old formula, and if they did they would all have the same EMERALD GREEN MARK VI armor.

Alas they do not, and then being super bright colors would increase visual identification on screen.

> 2533274866783302;9:
> > 2533274807881644;8:
> > > 2533274800197828;5:
> > > > 2533274807881644;1:
> > > > The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red in on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it look really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.
> > >
> > >
> > > Good god no. Why would you want a team of Spartan power rangers?
> >
> >
> > …YES D:<
> > God what wrong with you guys? Halo 1-2 has shown us that vibrant colors works better from a gameplay standpoint. None of the games after that have held up since. Sure we have higher def character models but the colors that made halo so interesting and easy to recognize enemies/ various characters have been less prominent.
> >
> > Realistic colors dont work for fantasy/ SCIFI games like this.
>
>
> Of course it works in Sci Fi games like this, just because we’re “in the future” doesn’t mean that we would abandon common sense. In a standing military you dress for what best suits the mission that you’re undertaking. If you’re heading into a jungle environment your wear green and brown, if you’re going into a city you wear black and gray. Realistically you’re ability to blend in with your environment could very well keep your head from getting blown clean off.

Yeah but realism doesn’t work in this game visually. That’s why halo 1 and Halo 2 are so bright and fun to look at compared to the rest. They even tuned up the color originally to better utilize the graphics to the players advantage.

Gameplay> anything else

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Idiot!

> 2533274807881644;11:
> > 2533274866783302;9:
> > > 2533274807881644;8:
> > > > 2533274800197828;5:
> > > > > 2533274807881644;1:
> > > > > The only Spartan with that has interesting armor color is the red in on Osiris. Halo used to be rich with saturated fantasy colors and now it’s all desaturated and it look really bad. Please make the Spartans have more vibrant color pallets, make each one its own with same really intense colors instead of light gun metal grey, grey blue, dull green, dark blue, etc.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Good god no. Why would you want a team of Spartan power rangers?
> > >
> > >
> > > …YES D:<
> > > God what wrong with you guys? Halo 1-2 has shown us that vibrant colors works better from a gameplay standpoint. None of the games after that have held up since. Sure we have higher def character models but the colors that made halo so interesting and easy to recognize enemies/ various characters have been less prominent.
> > >
> > > Realistic colors dont work for fantasy/ SCIFI games like this.
> >
> >
> > Of course it works in Sci Fi games like this, just because we’re “in the future” doesn’t mean that we would abandon common sense. In a standing military you dress for what best suits the mission that you’re undertaking. If you’re heading into a jungle environment your wear green and brown, if you’re going into a city you wear black and gray. Realistically you’re ability to blend in with your environment could very well keep your head from getting blown clean off.
>
>
> Yeah but realism doesn’t work in this game visually. That’s why halo 1 and Halo 2 are so bright and fun to look at compared to the rest. They even tuned up the color originally to better utilize the graphics to the players advantage.
>
> Gameplay> anything else

Last I checked Halo 2 was very dark with barely any colors. In fact comparing the graphics, H2A makes H2C’s Great Journey look like it was glassed by cruisers.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yes I AGREE please make the Spartans look more cartoonish and more babyish. We should make this a babies game where everything looks colourful and cartoony and every time u die in multiplayer u have a grunt birthday part confetti burst with kindergarteners shouting YAAAAAY and stuff like that. All that stuff should be put into the game and just make it all a bit more cartoony I reckon so the games best suited for ppl under 15. I agree :slight_smile:

> 2533274894863132;4:
> > 2533274883849234;3:
> >
> >
>
>

Well a 500kg, 7 foot plus walking tank moving at 55kmh isn’t exactly stealthy to begin with.

They should do it like reach. Each character has a colour but it’s not over the top and saturated.

> 2533274826534201;2:
> From a lore standpoint, what sense would it make to color soldiers armor bright and varied colors?

This

God no! In my opinion SIIs should all use same green armor. Though it would make hard to identify charachrers. I like how the Osiris’ visors may not glow like they did in halo 2 aniversary cutscenes.That was awfull.

Someone said they couln’t be stealthy? According to the books Spartan 2s could move silently and stealthy even with their armor on.

> 2533274824409174;18:
> God no! In my opinion S2s should all use same green armor. Though it would make hard to identify charachrers. I like how the Osiris’ visors may not glow like they did in halo 2 aniversary cutscenes.That was awfull.

it sure was

> 2533274826534201;2:
> From a lore standpoint, what sense would it make to color soldiers armor bright and varied colors?

EXACTLY!!!