Please make matchmaking not suck for solo players

Title says it all.

Please make focused matchmaking actually work by taking a game’s parties into account. I’m tired of getting steamrolled in matchmaking – both arena and warzone! – because I’m playing against teams that are actually capable of coordinating.

I want to have fun playing Halo. It hasn’t been fun for a long time since the playerbase has drastically shifted to teams pubstomping all the solo players.

Fix. Matchmaking Preferences: Social - Searches for a match with reasonable skill level and great connection. This search preference is geared toward the casual players wanting a more "social experience."

> 2535412357570560;2:
> Fix. Matchmaking Preferences: Social - Searches for a match with reasonable skill level and great connection. This search preference is geared toward the casual players wanting a more "social experience."

That’s not going to fix it. People will then party up and go in there to get their pubstomping in. I’m asking to take whether you’re in a party into account for focused matchmaking.

> 2533274798330734;3:
> > 2535412357570560;2:
> > Fix. Matchmaking Preferences: Social - Searches for a match with reasonable skill level and great connection. This search preference is geared toward the casual players wanting a more "social experience."
>
>
> That’s not going to fix it. People will then party up and go in there to get their pubstomping in. I’m asking to take whether you’re in a party into account for focused matchmaking.

Well Then on my Social Preference have it be a max Fire team of 2 Players. Or have it be searching in focused gives you more RP and searching in social gives you more XP (basically nothing) Or go back to the Halo 3 matchmaking where if you are in a full fireteam you dont face solo players. But they cant do that cuz Halo 5’s population is so low and 343i is so bent on pleasing Competitive players

> 2535412357570560;4:
> > 2533274798330734;3:
> > > 2535412357570560;2:
> > > Fix. Matchmaking Preferences: Social - Searches for a match with reasonable skill level and great connection. This search preference is geared toward the casual players wanting a more "social experience."
> >
> >
> > That’s not going to fix it. People will then party up and go in there to get their pubstomping in. I’m asking to take whether you’re in a party into account for focused matchmaking.
>
>
> Well Then on my Social Preference have it be a max Fire team of 2 Players. Or have it be searching in focused gives you more RP and searching in social gives you more XP (basically nothing) Or go back to the Halo 3 matchmaking where if you are in a full fireteam you dont face solo players. But they cant do that cuz Halo 5’s population is so low and 343i is so bent on pleasing Competitive players

Your first and third options (fire team limits) are definitely something that would help. Point is, there are a million things 343i could do to make the game fun for solo players – because, right now, it’s simply not. It’s a common complaint here and on many other fan forums.

Somehow it’s worst in warzone, and I don’t even know how that’s possible. On what planet is throwing a ton of solo players against an entire spartan company fair? Because that seems to happen to me more than anything. There’s really no reason why almost every player shouldn’t be close to 50-50 in warzone, since there’s so many players that one person shouldn’t have a drastic impact and the averages should work out. But warzone is perhaps the most unbalanced matchmaking game type in Halo 5, which is insane.

I really want to keep playing Halo 5, but it’s hard to when it’s so not fun as a solo player. It’s not feasible for many of us to spend time coordinating with others on when to play, given our real-life commitments.

> 2533274798330734;5:
> > 2535412357570560;4:
> > > 2533274798330734;3:
> > > > 2535412357570560;2:
> > > > Fix. Matchmaking Preferences: Social - Searches for a match with reasonable skill level and great connection. This search preference is geared toward the casual players wanting a more "social experience."
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s not going to fix it. People will then party up and go in there to get their pubstomping in. I’m asking to take whether you’re in a party into account for focused matchmaking.
> >
> >
> > Well Then on my Social Preference have it be a max Fire team of 2 Players. Or have it be searching in focused gives you more RP and searching in social gives you more XP (basically nothing) Or go back to the Halo 3 matchmaking where if you are in a full fireteam you dont face solo players. But they cant do that cuz Halo 5’s population is so low and 343i is so bent on pleasing Competitive players
>
>
> Your first and third options (fire team limits) are definitely something that would help. Point is, there are a million things 343i could do to make the game fun for solo players – because, right now, it’s simply not. It’s a common complaint here and on many other fan forums.
>
> Somehow it’s worst in warzone, and I don’t even know how that’s possible. On what planet is throwing a ton of solo players against an entire spartan company fair? Because that seems to happen to me more than anything. There’s really no reason why almost every player shouldn’t be close to 50-50 in warzone, since there’s so many players that one person shouldn’t have a drastic impact and the averages should work out. But warzone is perhaps the most unbalanced matchmaking game type in Halo 5, which is insane.
>
> I really want to keep playing Halo 5, but it’s hard to when it’s so not fun as a solo player. It’s not feasible for many of us to spend time coordinating with others on when to play, given our real-life commitments.

Yeah, I agree. There should be a Lone Wolfs Playlist Too. But nothing will just fix this sadly.