Please make kill/score text optional

Hey Spartans

I decided to dedicate my saturday to playing some Halo 3 & Reach and while playing it hit me. I was MUCH HAPPIER not having some stupid white text show up every 10-20 seconds informing me of a kill i just made or capturing the flag.

You know 343 i like to think myself and the Halo community are not idiots and i sure as hell can hear an announcer tell me i just scored a double kill rather than have it signposted right in front of me.

The only reason this should be in the game is for the hard of hearing or the deaf…but im sure some people enjoy it so PLEASE 343 make it a toggle option rather than forcing me to put up with it.

Thanks - X.Minion

I am also annoyed by this. Whoever thought it was needed to reward players with a medal and text for each and every kill or assist wasn’t thinking properly.

> I am also annoyed by this. Whoever thought it was needed to reward players with a medal and text for each and every kill or assist wasn’t thinking properly.

I really don’t notice it that much.

It is helpful to know that the person I’m shooting actually is dead without watching the Killfeed.

The kill-feed should at least shut off during split screen games.

4 player split screen was not playable on Reach due to the kill-feed.

not having to look at the kill feed is perfect IMO.

> > I am also annoyed by this. Whoever thought it was needed to reward players with a medal and text for each and every kill or assist wasn’t thinking properly.
>
> I really don’t notice it that much.
>
> It is helpful to know that the person I’m shooting actually is dead without watching the Killfeed.

If he drops to the ground, he’s dead.

If your team gains 1 point, he’s dead.

If he isn’t shooting you anymore, he’s probably dead.

If he isn’t moving, he’s dead.

It’s not that hard to figure out when you’ve killed someone. I have never had or seen anyone have trouble finding out when someone’s dead. Is it really difficult to quickly glance left to see if it says “You killed Someone”? All the text does is create unnecessary clutter on the screen.

Which is kind of my point. Its a feature that states the obvious rather than enhancing the game.

Anybody else have an opinion on this?

Just go back to using medals. I don’t see why they were sidelined.

I don’t mind that on-screen info at all. It doesn’t get in my way or distract me, and I’d like it to stay the way it is. However, I fully support an option to turn it off, because it obviously bothers other people.