Please make Haven Symmetrical.

It’s hard to understand why Haven is set up the way it is, with one team spawning at Statue, and the other spawning at mid-ramp. It would be alot nicer to see the initial game setup made truely symmetrical, with a team spawning in the middle of Left and Right Ramps, giving them the options to go in 4 different directions (5 including trick-jumps)

Then I think the best thing to do would be to adjust the Initial Ordinance, and place the Needler and Sticky Detonator under Statue, and under mid-ramp. And move the Scattershot to top-mid.

Just doing this will make the map completely even no matter which side you spawn on.

It’s already pretty even. You can pick up top or down low, left or right, from both spawn points.

It’s already symmetrical

> It’s already pretty even. You can pick up top or down low, left or right, from both spawn points.
>
> It’s already symmetrical

How is it even? Red Team has much easier access to both the Left and Right, without putting themselves in any danger at Mid. Blue has to rush past any mid-runners just to get to left or right, whether from the top or bottom.

It would be much better if they both spawned with the exact same “sides”.

The way it is set up now is Assymmetrical spawns, on a Symmetrical map. Like if you spawned one team at Gold Lift, and the other at Sword Spawn on Zealot. Or one team on the Balcony, and the other at Big Door on Countdown. That would have been silly.

To add insult to injury, Left and Right also go to completely different power weapons, I could understand if they were equivalents, like the Shotgun on one side, Scattershot on another, but the Needler and the Sticky Detonator?

Haven is symmetrical.

He is talking about the initial-spawns, they aren’t even.

I agree with the OP.

In fact my plan for getting the first strike master commendation is to play swat on Haven and hope to spawn as Red and pick off blue quickly rushing up the ramp to middle. Its been a very predictable start to every game on haven so far.

What game-type? I can only bring to mind Slayer + SWAT both of which spawn at the same place.

1 at Ramp (Open) and 1 at Ramp (Closed).

Symmetrical. Even. Both have One walkway up, two walkways down.

The closed side has the little tiny ramp for cover, and the open side can run up behind the middle statue for covver.

Even…

> He is talking about the initial-spawns, they aren’t even.

Yeah, both Initial Spawn Points, and Initial Ordinance are uneven. Which is weird because Haven has almost everything it needs to be the next Derelict, Citadel, or Zealot.

It’s not symmetrical from the point of view of where you spawn within the map.

One team has way more options than the other with directions of travel within the map from the start, whereas the other teams option is “forward on top” or “forward below” before making any other directional change.

Add to the fact you have the little ramp section at one end, and nothing like that on the other end is not recreated on the opposite side.

Personally they should have split the map down the middle with the curve around one side continued to make a full circle on both the top and the bottom.

I mean I think the Ordnance is a semi-valid point, but I’ve never seen it be a gamechanger. Sticky Det + Needler are both pretty good on Haven. Scattershot will get 1-3 kills max.

It’s so much worse on games like CTF on Abandon and Complex. It’s an auto-win /lose depending on color XD.

I tested it out with sym spawns, worked very well.

> What game-type? I can only bring to mind Slayer + SWAT both of which spawn at the same place.
>
> 1 at Ramp (Open) and 1 at Ramp (Closed).
>
> Symmetrical. Even. Both have One walkway up, two walkways down.
>
> The closed side has the little tiny ramp for cover, and the open side can run up behind the middle statue for covver.
>
> Even…

That’s not Symmetry, that’s Asymmetry. Symmetry is when something is exactly the same, in shape, dimension, and size.

Haven is a symmetrical map (left to right), but for whatever reason you spawn forward and back. You SHOULD spawn left and right to take advantage of the fact that your spawns will be exactly the same, as opposed to “trying” to balance two sides that just aren’t the same.

For people not getting the whole symmetry concept, please refer to this picture:

Where the Spartans are, is where the inital spawns SHOULD be for the spawns symmetrical. Currently, however, the spawns are at the areas marked “Ramp (Open)” and “Ramp (Closed)” which is asymmetrical.

> For people not getting the whole symmetry concept, please refer to this picture:
>
> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DElIMHsurZ8/UJrO1yl-TQI/AAAAAAAAEkU/xHroZi0LqGU/s1600/HAVEN.jpg
>
> Where the Spartans are, is where the inital spawns SHOULD be for the spawns symmetrical. Currently, however, the spawns are at the areas marked “Ramp (Open)” and “Ramp (Closed)” which is asymmetrical.

Yeah that basically sums it up.

> > For people not getting the whole symmetry concept, please refer to this picture:
> >
> > http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DElIMHsurZ8/UJrO1yl-TQI/AAAAAAAAEkU/xHroZi0LqGU/s1600/HAVEN.jpg
> >
> > Where the Spartans are, is where the inital spawns SHOULD be for the spawns symmetrical. Currently, however, the spawns are at the areas marked “Ramp (Open)” and “Ramp (Closed)” which is asymmetrical.
>
> Yeah that basically sums it up.

Agreed.

Since I’ve been playing a lot of SWAT lately, this really started to bug me (didn’t matter as much on slayer because it’s not 1 shot). Red clearly has the advantage spawn (shorter ramp) since they can get to the top of their ramp in no time and position themselves before any Blue is able to poke their head up because their ramp is longer.

Now, every time I’m blue, I never go up the ramp. Instead I go to the bottom and usually a red will be down there too. Shooting across below is much more fair than from above. The starting spawns on that image would pretty much solve the problem and open more options for beginning play.