Please make automatic wepons more powerful! Don't make precision wepons to powerful either!

I hate the way the made them in halo reach. In halo reach I can easily kill somone with a dmr at close range with less effort than using an automatic wepon.(I’m still good with them but it requires alothhh more effort to use them proparly) Precison wepons should almost never outdo an automatic wepon wielder unlesss that person is very bad. Also halo reach the automatic wepons have bloom AND bullet spread and the dmr has only bloom and there is absolutly no bullet spread. That means if you have good aim you can kill somone regardless of the range.

So heres how these wepons can be balanced
-Bring back dualwielding but make it slightly more powerful than it was in halo 3
-Precision wepons similar to the dmr and br should ONLY excel at medium. That means you can’t outdo a similar skilled player with an assault rifle at close range or a sniper at long range.
-The automatic wepon damage in halo reach is fine except give human wepons more ammo and covenent wepons less recharging times. Precision wepons should be 4 headshot kill.

Just because a small portion of the community is filled with mlg players that want an allround wepon don’t make a wepon that works well in all situations.

When Halo: Anniversary arrives, you’re not going to like the return of the 3 shot kill pistol >:)

> When Halo: Anniversary arrives, you’re not going to like the return of the 3 shot kill pistol >:)

First of the 3 shot pistol won’t be in the multiplayer lol. And i’m talking about halo 4

AR is quite a formidable weapon when used in close range. Any FFA playlist finds the AR as very useful. Of course this was back in H3, the AR in Reach might as well be firing wet noodles because you have no bleed through any way.

Don’t nerf anything. Beef all the guns up. Then we can get the quick kill times that many have been clamouring for.

If automatic weapons beat precision weapons in CQB then you have rock-paper-scissors gameplay which greatly decreases the skill gap.

If anything, the kill times on precision weapons should be increased.

> the dmr has only bloom and there is absolutly no bullet spread.

Please explain to us how you would implement bullet spread on a single bullet.

> That means if you have good aim you can kill somone regardless of the range.

…and what exactly is wrong with that?

I’d just prefer a sandbox where all weapons work in their intended niche, one utility weapon included. Something similar to Halo CE.

> > the dmr has only bloom and there is absolutly no bullet spread.
>
> Please explain to us how you would implement bullet spread on a single bullet.
>
>
> > That means if you have good aim you can kill somone regardless of the range.
>
> …and what exactly is wrong with that?

Agreed, plus, I think the DMR has a bigger caliber round than the AR. Also, are you saying 343 should make it so those who have -Yoink- aim with a AR, or who use a AR, should kill a person who is a very good shot with the DMR no matter the range every time. How about this, lets make it so ARs shoot crayons, and the DMRs stay the same.

If you fire in bursts with an automatic weapon that won’t be problem. The fundamental rule of Halo is that spray and praying will most definitely get you killed when fighting a competent opponent.

Making automatic weapons even more powerful is a bad idea. Halo’s gameplay is far too much focused on spraying as it is. And seeing how most maps are tailored for close to medium range combat, this would render precision weapons useless.

I agree with your suggestions but I disagree with your reasoning.

First of all, the precision weapons in Halo are supposed to be the all-around utility weapon. Precision weapons in Halo are supposed to be better than the starting weapons. This promotes map movement and team coordination.

Secondly, precision weapons take skill to use. Buffing the automatic weapons would encourage players to spray more and be less accurate. Halo empathizes accuracy and precision, and buffing automatic weapons would be defying a core aspect of Halo. It simply would not work like you think it would.

In my opinion there are three types of weapons: support weapons, utility weapons, and power weapons. Power weapons are supposed to be fought over and be used as an advantage. Utility weapons are precision weapons that are meant to be kept. Support weapons are starter weapons and weak pick ups that serve a role in defending the player off spawn but are meant to be replaced by utility weapons or power weapons. By buffing automatic weapons you would also be buffing support weapons and weakening the utility weapons’ roles.

> I agree with your suggestions but I disagree with your reasoning.
>
> First of all, the precision weapons in Halo are supposed to be the all-around utility weapon. Precision weapons in Halo are supposed to be better than the starting weapons. This promotes map movement and team coordination.
>
> Secondly, precision weapons take skill to use. Buffing the automatic weapons would encourage players to spray more and be less accurate. Halo empathizes accuracy and precision, and buffing automatic weapons would be defying a core aspect of Halo. It simply would not work like you think it would.
>
> In my opinion there are three types of weapons: support weapons, utility weapons, and power weapons. Power weapons are supposed to be fought over and be used as an advantage. Utility weapons are precision weapons that are meant to be kept. Support weapons are starter weapons and weak pick ups that serve a role in defending the player off spawn but are meant to be replaced by utility weapons or power weapons. By buffing automatic weapons you would also be buffing support weapons and weakening the utility weapons’ roles.

Wow, this was really well thought out, I’m impressed. Hats off to you sir.

/sigh

Another person who doesnt understand Halos weapons balance. The automatics role is not the same as the utility weapons role, please understand that automatics are support niche weapons in Halo not overpowered like in the other FPs’s.

I agree with what is being said, in regards to automatic weapons in the Halo sandbox, but it wouldn’t hurt to give the Assault Rifle a little boost in damage. I find it very stupid that it takes almost a whole magazine to kill.

I’ve got to second that, well said. Id hate to see the FR or DMR toned down so that less skilled players can think they’r better than they realy are. Play the game, get better like everyone else and stop complaining about not being able to kill people. Besides, you can cary 2 weaponds and the assult rifle is a great close range choice (id have to agree about wanting a larger amo clip tho, you can chew through those in seconds)

The only problem I see is too many DMR starts. Starting with a DMR negates half the weapons on the map. When you start with an Assault rifle, players will go for the needle rifle, players go for the needler for the extra damage at range, players will pick up the Plasma based weaponry, players will sprint for the wheel and the turret of that Warthog.

When DMR starts occur (which is most of the playlists, lets face it) people only fight over rockets, sniper and shotgun. It takes away over 3/4 of the weapon set, tactics and map movement.

Don’t tweak weapon damage, tweak the starting weapon.

The AR was nerfed because people whinned about the BR being beaen at close range with it. Now its not powerful enough this community is a little bit funked up

> I hate the way the made them in halo reach. In halo reach I can easily kill somone with a dmr at close range with less effort than using an automatic wepon.(I’m still good with them but it requires alothhh more effort to use them proparly) Precison wepons should almost never outdo an automatic wepon wielder unlesss that person is very bad. Also halo reach the automatic wepons have bloom AND bullet spread and the dmr has only bloom and there is absolutly no bullet spread. That means if you have good aim you can kill somone regardless of the range.
>
> So heres how these wepons can be balanced
> -Bring back dualwielding but make it slightly more powerful than it was in halo 3
> -Precision wepons similar to the dmr and br should ONLY excel at medium. That means you can’t outdo a similar skilled player with an assault rifle at close range or a sniper at long range.
> -The automatic wepon damage in halo reach is fine except give human wepons more ammo and covenent wepons less recharging times. Precision wepons should be 4 headshot kill.
>
> Just because a small portion of the community is filled with mlg players that want an allround wepon don’t make a wepon that works well in all situations.

I have a sneaking suspicion you have no idea what bloom and spread mean.

Bloom is the indication of possible spread. They are not mutually exclusive. Also, Halo NEEDS a skill based all purpose weapon, it is what has made it the most competitive console shooter for over 10 years. Yes, Reach isn’t the greatest example but that is due to the bloom nothing being thought out and thus rewarding people based on random chance.

As a rule of thumb a player using a skill based weapon should always be able to kill a player using a non skill based weapon BUT ONLY if they are skilled enough to do it. Dumbing the game down so “spray and pray” is more viable then skill based gameplay is a bad thing. Obviously this excludes power weapons but they are something to be faught over and controlled which again rewards the better team/player and they should get the reward.