Please make a variety of good maps.

Plain and simple if all the maps are horrible green grass blue skies asymmetrical maps in Halo 4 I’m simply not going to buy the game. Let me explain…

4v4
Halo 2 had some pretty incredible maps. I rarely came to a point when I got a map and said… “What is this garbage!?” Halo 3 got a little worse. While the maps still had decent variety in themes they started getting bigger and just not suitable for any gametypes. These nice 4v4 maps and good BTB maps started to go away. 4v4 Team Slayer is basically where Halo wants to be. When you start making the maps bigger those frantic team shooting 4v4’s go out the window and you get really slow gameplay.

BTB
5v5 6v6 styled maps don’t really work for BTB so please actually make BTB maps. Reach feels like it has 3 BTB maps and they are all pretty much in Forgeworld. Don’t make a bunch of medium sized maps and plan to use them for both BTB and 4v4. Make Small maps for Slayer and Big maps for BTB.

The launch maps for Halo 4.
Don’t scare everyone right out the gates with the lack of support in one area or another. Remember what the players are playing. Halo has the biggest population in Team Slayer/Team SWAT. And if the maps were good enough we would have even more BTB population. I could tell you this by the BTB Halo 2 population. So say the game launches with 12-15 maps. Aim for like 4-5 BTB maps 7-8 Small maps and like 1-2 medium sized maps. And try to go for different styles on each section. Maybe like 3-4 Symmetrical arena style small maps. 2 or so Lockout/Guardian/Ascension style maps. Large open map or 2 like Blood Gulch/Containment/Standoff. Some unique BTB maps like Terminal/Headlong/Waterworks and a few other neat maps.

Themes
I also want varying themes. Reach’s pallette for the maps are just boring. I really liked what I seen out of the Defiant Pack so I hope you guys get CA to do a ton of work on the maps for Halo 4. I’m also diggin what I’ve been seeing with the CEA maps. Like Damnation for instance has some really beautiful scenery. Even Beaver Creek has some extra sweetness going on behind the bases. Please take what is being done themewise with the CEA maps and keep that ball rollin.

TL;DR
Make the multiplayer maps play good for their respective playlists and look good.

I agree. Reach maps were very dull, and they werent even good. What I loved about Halo was that its maps were out of this world, and time. Like Gephyrophobia, or construct, or midship.

> I agree. Reach maps were very dull, and they werent even good. What I loved about Halo was that its maps were out of this world, and time. Like Gephyrophobia, or construct, or midship.

Actually, Team Slayer and Living Dead playlists have more people playing than Team Swat. Playing Team Swat is just like play the generic fps game, and easy to play. All the noobs go their sadly (I talk to a lot of Halo noobs) just because it is easier. That is why it is the 3rd biggest playlist. Just please don’t call something #1 when it isn’t. That annoys me.

> I agree. Reach maps were very dull, and they werent even good. What I loved about Halo was that its maps were out of this world, and time. Like Gephyrophobia, or construct, or midship.

Agreed, Bungie didn’t do a good job nailing the MP this time around, and the MP maps are the worst yet. Almost all of the maps are Forge World and the rest are copy paste campaign maps. Even Sword Base was textured the same as in campaign. The Beta’s Sword Base was different atleast in texture.

While not entirely, I do agree. The main thing I disagree about is I would like medium sized maps to be made and used for BTB, just to have a bit of variety and a bit faster of gameplay so it’s not all giant maps. To have small and large maps but no in between would be a little silly in my mind.

> Don’t scare everyone right out the gates with the lack of support in one area or another. Remember what the players are playing. Halo has the biggest population in Team Slayer/Team SWAT. And if the maps were good enough we would have even more BTB population. I could tell you this by the BTB Halo 2 population. So say the game launches with 12-15 maps. Aim for like 4-5 BTB maps 7-8 Small maps and like 1-2 medium sized maps. And try to go for different styles on each section. Maybe like 3-4 Symmetrical arena style small maps. 2 or so Lockout/Guardian/Ascension style maps. Large open map or 2 like Blood Gulch/Containment/Standoff. Some unique BTB maps like Terminal/Headlong/Waterworks and a few other neat maps.

15 disc maps? Good luck with that. But for the most part I agree, and hopefully no remakes.

> I also want varying themes. Reach’s pallette for the maps are just boring. I really liked what I seen out of the Defiant Pack so I hope you guys get CA to do a ton of work on the maps for Halo 4. I’m also diggin what I’ve been seeing with the CEA maps. Like Damnation for instance has some really beautiful scenery. Even Beaver Creek has some extra sweetness going on behind the bases. Please take what is being done themewise with the CEA maps and keep that ball rollin.

Definitely agree with this. I’m hoping human environments are wiped completely from Halo 4, but I have my doubts about that happening. CE had a distinctly different look for just about every map (save Dammy and Chill Out). Abandoning this stupid gritty graphics thing would also go a ways toward accomplishing this.

> > Don’t scare everyone right out the gates with the lack of support in one area or another. Remember what the players are playing. Halo has the biggest population in Team Slayer/Team SWAT. And if the maps were good enough we would have even more BTB population. I could tell you this by the BTB Halo 2 population. So say the game launches with 12-15 maps. Aim for like 4-5 BTB maps 7-8 Small maps and like 1-2 medium sized maps. And try to go for different styles on each section. Maybe like 3-4 Symmetrical arena style small maps. 2 or so Lockout/Guardian/Ascension style maps. Large open map or 2 like Blood Gulch/Containment/Standoff. Some unique BTB maps like Terminal/Headlong/Waterworks and a few other neat maps.
>
> 15 disc maps? Good luck with that. But for the most part I agree, and hopefully no remakes.
>
>
>
> > I also want varying themes. Reach’s pallette for the maps are just boring. I really liked what I seen out of the Defiant Pack so I hope you guys get CA to do a ton of work on the maps for Halo 4. I’m also diggin what I’ve been seeing with the CEA maps. Like Damnation for instance has some really beautiful scenery. Even Beaver Creek has some extra sweetness going on behind the bases. Please take what is being done themewise with the CEA maps and keep that ball rollin.
>
> Definitely agree with this. I’m hoping human environments are wiped completely from Halo 4, but I have my doubts about that happening. CE had a distinctly different look for just about every map (save Dammy and Chill Out). Abandoning this stupid gritty graphics thing would also go a ways toward accomplishing this.

lol I agree with abandoning the gritty graphics. Bungie putting those graphics in gave them the right to make everything look boring like Gears of War does.