Please make a Halo 3 type playlist

I love the new maps, I would love them all alot more if we had 1 game mode that plays like halo 3. No running, No loadouts, No ordinance drops. I just want to play some games that doesn’t have 10 sticky grenades and 10 plasma grenades flying across the screen nonstop. I’m glad they did good on the magestic maps, but this would make me love this game so much more. Just a suggestion.

Agreed. I wish they were all Halo 3 style playlists, but I understand the need for evolution. But give us classic players something exactly like what it used to be.

And did you mean pulse grenades. You said stickies and plasmas. Those are the same thing lol.

yeah thanks, pulse. lol. I do like this stuff in certain game modes. I just want just one playlist that lets us do this. I would be playing all the time. I’m not trying to bash them or anything. Just trying to give feedback from a Halo fan.

I agree. I would love a classic playlist that plays like Halo 3

Every other Halo at some point in time had a gametype called Team Throwback. In Halo 4, it would be a search type and you choose between Team Throwback or Team Throwback BR. Everyone spawns with AR, Pistol, 2 Frags on Throwback and then BR, Pistol, 2 Frags on Throwback BR.

I would be ok with leaving in sprint because it makes sense that Spartans could sprint.

Armor abilities go bye bye in Team Throwback though.

*Additional:
They also add back in Death Markers. You know, the X where you died.

I would love for them to add this. It couldn’t be much to do really. All they would have to do is grab the game variant off my file share that has no instant respawn, no sprint and we’re good to go! Man, do I miss those days…

> I love the new maps, I would love them all alot more if we had 1 game mode that plays like halo 3. <mark>No running</mark>, No loadouts, No ordinance drops. I just want to play some games that doesn’t have 10 sticky grenades and 10 plasma grenades flying across the screen nonstop. I’m glad they did good on the magestic maps, but this would make me love this game so much more. Just a suggestion.

If they could make a giant Trait Zone where it disables sprint then you’d be set. The closest you’re gonna get right now is Team Throwdown I believe.

Right now, I would love the Social Skirmish playlist from Halo 3.

You’re able to edit it in the code. Being it’s their game they can do it if they’d like.

Well theoretically its impossible.

1. No equiptment

2. Missing weapons

3. No duel wielding

4. Maps are stretched to accomadate sprint (which btw, cant be toggled off)

You could try to make some messed up hybrid of halo 3 and reach into a halo 4 gametype, but there are too many halo 3 mechanics missing in halo 4 to recreate a good halo 3 gametype. Even if you do pull it off its still going to feel watered down compared to real halo 3.

Dont get me wrong, Id love a halo 3 playlist. But halo 4 isnt the best game to recreate it in. Maybe halo 5 will have more options.

> Well theoretically its impossible.
>
> 1. No equiptment
>
> 2. Missing weapons
>
> 3. No duel wielding
>
> 4. Maps are stretched to accomadate sprint (which btw, cant be toggled off)
>
> You could try to make some messed up hybrid of halo 3 and reach into a halo 4 gametype, but there are too many halo 3 mechanics missing in halo 4 to recreate a good halo 3 gametype. Even if you do pull it off its still going to feel watered down compared to real halo 3.
>
> Dont get me wrong, Id love a halo 3 playlist. But halo 4 isnt the best game to recreate it in. Maybe halo 5 will have more options.

No equipment?
Okay, halo 2 and CE didnt its not necessary for a CLASSIC playlist

Wep’s
well yea but they should take out the DMR INDEFINITELY

No duel wielding
its a playlist, not a remake of the entire game

(Sprint can be taken off, search for NO SPRINT in File Browser)

Team Objective Classic, Team Slayer Classic, Big Team Battle Classic. If this game had those I’d play it everyday.

what about throwdown?

> > Well theoretically its impossible.
> >
> > 1. No equiptment
> >
> > 2. Missing weapons
> >
> > 3. No duel wielding
> >
> > 4. Maps are stretched to accomadate sprint (which btw, cant be toggled off)
> >
> > You could try to make some messed up hybrid of halo 3 and reach into a halo 4 gametype, but there are too many halo 3 mechanics missing in halo 4 to recreate a good halo 3 gametype. Even if you do pull it off its still going to feel watered down compared to real halo 3.
> >
> > Dont get me wrong, Id love a halo 3 playlist. But halo 4 isnt the best game to recreate it in. Maybe halo 5 will have more options.
>
> No equipment?
> Okay, halo 2 and CE didnt its not necessary for a CLASSIC playlist
>
> Wep’s
> well yea but they should take out the DMR INDEFINITELY
>
> No duel wielding
> its a playlist, not a remake of the entire game
>
> (Sprint can be taken off, search for NO SPRINT in File Browser)

I just thought it was a lot easier turning off equipment than it is for AA’s, but I guess both can be turned off anyways.

Agreed.

Would still be appreciated if it was included. It’s not like it forces players to use it anyways. Just an additional option that’s there for people who want it. If people don’t want it, they don’t have to use it. :slight_smile:

Isnt no sprint through a glitch though? I was talking about making a toggle for it for customs and then implementing it into a single playlist. I doubt 343i will used glitches maps/game types for matchmaking.