Please lower grenade power or make limited amounts on map and starting with one.

Seriously. I’m willing to bet that most, if not all people’s top 3 ToD in Reach are grenades. Followed by Assault Rifle. Grenades are out of control. They haven’t been fixed since Reach Beta even though Bungie said they were going to fix it. Really? All I need to do is throw one grenade into a room full of campers and then guess what? Overkill Extermination. It’s that simple.

Altogether, I would have to say about 90% of my exterminations (If you haven’t gotten one yet, then work on it. It’s easy) are from just chucking a grenade in a room full of campers with full shields. It’s pathetic for someone like me to get exterminations that easily seeing as I rarely play video games anymore. But really, I think I have about 30-35 exterminations that I got with about 25-30 of them from just grenades.

Too long? Here’s the gist of it:

1: Lower grenade power by half (Option one that I support)
2: Limit the number of grenades on a map, start with one only, make grenades spawn time longer than 10 seconds. (Option two that I don’t really support, but it’s better than what we have now)
3: Combine both together.

Come on, grenades are pretty OP right now, why not make tone it down seeing as Bungie promised to, but never really did.

Since I can’t edit, I’ll add this in: People spam grenades. It’s inevitable because let’s look at this:

A person throws a grenade. It lands right in front of someone. Result? It explodes.

Person B gets hit by the grenade at full health and shields. Result? They lose all their shields PLUS about a quarter of their health.

Really, I can’t stand grenades. With the game mechanics of Halo 3, I could handle it because it doesn’t give you a death sentence. With Halo Reach? Well, let’s just say Fallout’s mini nukes have migrated from their universe into the Halo Universe. I wouldn’t be surprised if 4 people threw all their grenades at once at one person. Then the Experimental MIRV from Fallout 3 has been found in Reach.

Lowering the grenade count or power or both will change Reach into Halo: Reach along with the other TU addins.

My top 3 ToD are DMR, Needle Rifle, and Melee.

I do agree that nades should be toned down a lot. They work fine with 90% damage and resistance. Of course, these settings only work with bleedthrough, too.

I can’t stand people that want to camp with active camo and energy sword.

The issue isn’t the 'nades, the issue is teams not smart enough to realize that when everyone has guns and explosives it’s really, really, really bad to ALL sit still together in the EXACT same spot. If a team wants to all camp in the same place they deserve to all die to pay for their mistake.

Let’s not nerf nades to help campers.

> I can’t stand people that want to camp with active camo and energy sword.
>
> The issue isn’t the 'nades, the issue is teams not smart enough to realize that when everyone has guns and explosives it’s really, really, really bad to ALL sit still together in the EXACT same spot. If a team wants to all camp in the same place they deserve to all die to pay for their mistake.
>
> Let’s not nerf nades to help campers.

It doesn’t help when the entire team throws grenades at you either. Seriously, I’m no camper in Reach, but if I see 2-3 grenades coming at me, I feel like punching through my door (Which I’ve done already for another reason) because that obviously will kill me.

I like grenades and use them, but I don’t spam them. Honestly, all I would really want is a nerf in power seeing as the blast radius was “nerfed” by half a point during Beta, but not power. Half a point doesn’t make a difference, the blast radius is still pretty freaking huge. I also want to have starting grenades as 1 so people don’t spam it and the time to get grenades increased by 30 seconds, seeing as 10 seconds all someone has to do is camp with it. And most grenade spawns are in an area where there’s only one way in.

A good one third of my deaths in a game are due to my friends chucking nades at me. I’m handling some guy in a semi CQC situation and then this kid pops up like “He needs help. He needs my nades!” chucks kills me and other guy.

In big team battle, I don’t see much overuse of grenades. Maybe it depends on the playlist or especially the map but grenades don’t seem OP to me at all.

What? No. The problem with grenades has nothing to do with their power, it’s about their huge blast radius and short fuse, especially with Reach’s abysmal movement speed & acceleration.

I think grenades could be fixed with a longer fuse time.

It allows players to get a bit of distance from them, but still punishes those that are unaware.

> Seriously. I’m willing to bet that most, if not all people’s top 3 ToD in Reach are grenades. Followed by Assault Rifle. Grenades are out of control. They haven’t been fixed since Reach Beta even though Bungie said they were going to fix it. Really? All I need to do is throw one grenade into a room full of campers and then guess what? Overkill Extermination. It’s that simple.
>
> Altogether, I would have to say about 90% of my exterminations (If you haven’t gotten one yet, then work on it. It’s easy) are from just chucking a grenade in a room full of campers with full shields. It’s pathetic for someone like me to get exterminations that easily seeing as I rarely play video games anymore. But really, I think I have about 30-35 exterminations that I got with about 25-30 of them from just grenades.
>
> Too long? Here’s the gist of it:
>
> 1: Lower grenade power by half (Option one that I support)
> 2: Limit the number of grenades on a map, start with one only, make grenades spawn time longer than 10 seconds. (Option two that I don’t really support, but it’s better than what we have now)
> 3: Combine both together.
>
> Come on, grenades are pretty OP right now, why not make tone it down seeing as Bungie promised to, but never really did.

its a damm grenade, they are suppose to explode enough to lower your shields and bit of health , and what you wanna tone down grenade? cause you get killed by them easy? weakling