Please let us hide "Skins".

We know Infinite will have skins. Some people like to see rainbows, unicorns, pizza, and Fronk on their weapons and armor. That’s great for them.

I am not one of those people. It seriously detracts from my experience. I want my BR to be jet black, my AR to be silver, and I want everyone else’s guns to look just like mine. Just like Halo 2.

I humbly request a menu option that lets me make every gun have the default appearance on my screen. This would only apply to the user that chooses it, everyone else in game could see their chosen skins. What if we could select to hide individual skins? For instance, I would definitely not want to see Pizza/Unicorn/Rainbow whatever, but I would probably be fine with Woodland/Desert/Digital Camouflage or similar stuff. I’m never going to spend money on the skins anyway, you may as well let me enjoy the game the way I want to.

Thank you for your time.

The default skins to an extent fill this role. Although I wouldn’t mind jet-black weapons either homestly. That would be cool.

Not going to happen and I’m cool with that. Honestly, in the heat of combat, I don’t see how they can detract from the experience. Heck, things like flaming heads were far more obnoxious in Reach and yet that worked out fine.

I’m a person who uses cosmetics for me, not to show off to other people. But I imagine the ability to disable cosmetics would make them a moot point for alot of people who do like to show off. I’m not sure what philosophy 343 has on cosmetics, but if they like giving people the ability to show off, then I don’t think they’d add an ability to disable cosmetics. But, maybe they might.

I honestly hope that Infinite removes those ridiculous skins altogether. Rainbows and unicorns? Seriously? Normal skins are ok but get rid of those other ones. This is a sci-fi shooter, not a kids game.

But then how would they make you feel like your missing out for not spending more money on top of the $60 bucks you’ve already spent? You gotta keep up with the Joneses and keep buying(or grinding for a ridiculous amount of time) skins and other cosmetics otherwise what are you even playing for? For fun? Pfft, please everyone knows the only reason to keep replaying a game is to make numbers go up and have more shiny things than the plebeians below you.

Infinite’s inevitable battle pass is going to be a tedious chore. Can’t wait until using “default” as an insult comes to Halo…

I always used colour and shape as a way to identify what an enemy is wielding, weapon skins make this much harder for obvious reasons. Personally I would love the option to disable their viewing on my end.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274802842785;1:
> We know Infinite will have skins. Some people like to see rainbows, unicorns, pizza, and Fronk on their weapons and armor. That’s great for them.
>
> I am not one of those people. It seriously detracts from my experience. I want my BR to be jet black, my AR to be silver, and I want everyone else’s guns to look just like mine. Just like Halo 2.
>
> I humbly request a menu option that lets me make every gun have the default appearance on my screen. This would only apply to the user that chooses it, everyone else in game could see their chosen skins. I’m never going to spend money on the skins anyway, you may as well let me enjoy the game the way I want to.
>
> Thank you for your time.

<mark>-REDACTED-</mark> I seriously hope we can disable skins for ourselves. Because even those people who want to show of will be catered to by the majority of people not doing this. But this simple option existing, caters to both groups.

> 2533274812652989;3:
> …I don’t see how they can detract from the experience.

If I have to pick up an enemy weapon, for whatever reason, I don’t want to be shooting people with a pizza. Ya feel me man? For me it just totally takes me out of it. Playing Halo never felt… silly? Goofy? I don’t know. It just feels very out of place, and I’d personally enjoy the game more if I never saw any of that stuff.

> Heck, things like flaming heads were far more obnoxious in Reach and yet that worked out fine.

Heh, yeah I always wanted to disable armor effects, too. They ruined a lot of screenshots lol.

> 2533274802842785;9:
> > 2533274812652989;3:
> > …I don’t see how they can detract from the experience.
>
> If I have to pick up an enemy weapon, for whatever reason, I don’t want to be shooting people with a pizza. Ya feel me man? For me it just totally takes me out of it. Playing Halo never felt… silly? Goofy? I don’t know. It just feels very out of place, and I’d personally enjoy the game more if I never saw any of that stuff.
>
>
> > Heck, things like flaming heads were far more obnoxious in Reach and yet that worked out fine.
>
> Heh, yeah I always wanted to disable armor effects, too. They ruined a lot of screenshots lol.

I mean, I’ve never taken Halo’s multiplayer gameplay all that seriously given this communities penchant for teabagging and other antics. Honestly, I’ve never felt taken out of a game because someone else had a pizza AR skin. Always a bit too busy actually dodging bullets.

I actually don’t think this is a terrible idea. Seeing is how multiplayer is supposed to be a simulation, why not give the players that ability to turn it on/off.

Yes please. I remember playing a Forza game and checking out all the crazy custom decals everyone was making and while that’s cool to be able to do that, I really just wanted to see all the cars in their original form and I found out there was an option to turn them all off on my side, was so happy. Would love something like that in Halo, should just be a standard feature in any game honestly. Seems like devs don’t understand what affect skins can have on a players experience.

Really depends on how far the devs are going in that regard for me. I haven’t been bothered by them so far, but lines will be crossed for me when they introduce rocket launchers which launch nyan cats instead of, well, rockets.

I don’t think this will happen because it will be detrimental if they are going to sell skins, plus I can’t think of any meaningful reasons to hide skins, they aren’t custom made so they aren’t offensive for sure.

> 2533274826620064;13:
> Really depends on how far the devs are going in that regard for me. I haven’t been bothered by them so far, but lines will be crossed for me when they introduce rocket launchers which launch nyan cats instead of, well, rockets.

Well darn, now I really want to see this for some reason. Imagine if the song played as the cat traveled and they added the doppler effect.

Ok, maybe save that for a mod in custom games…

I think it would be good idea, especially cuz it wouldn’t harm anyone’s experience and some people really dislike the skins.

> 2533274802842785;1:
> We know Infinite will have skins. Some people like to see rainbows, unicorns, pizza, and Fronk on their weapons and armor. That’s great for them.
>
> I am not one of those people. It seriously detracts from my experience. I want my BR to be jet black, my AR to be silver, and I want everyone else’s guns to look just like mine. Just like Halo 2.
>
> I humbly request a menu option that lets me make every gun have the default appearance on my screen. This would only apply to the user that chooses it, everyone else in game could see their chosen skins. I’m never going to spend money on the skins anyway, you may as well let me enjoy the game the way I want to.
>
> Thank you for your time.

I mean, I guess this would be fine? I don’t think it’s going to happen though. I think that 343 should focus on features that the majority wants first. If something like this didn’t make it in, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. Personally, other people seeing my skins is just as important as me seeing them. Also, bringing up the whole “breaking immersion” thing is just, how do I put this? Completely unreasonable. Halo is not a serious game, plain and simple. If we make hiding skins an option because they “break the immersion”, than what else should we get rid of? Grunt Goblins? In game events?(Halloween, Christmas, etc.) I personally think that some people view this topic with the force of a thousand suns. Seeing wacky skins ruins your experience? Are you willing to stop playing Halo because of them? Just my opinion here, but why does other people’s skins effect You? Because they’re simple existence burns your retina’s? Seems kinda unreasonable to me. (If I come off as overzealous, well, sorry.)

While I’d like them see give players more agency over what they can do and I think the more freedom the better they’re probably not going to do this because they will want to sell more skins and micro transactions

It would be cool though to see skins that we can grind for and not have all of them go through the store.

Considering I like to find the one guy who hates unicorn and pizza skins and make sure he knows someone using those skins is doing better, I’m all in favor of not having a disabling feature.

You’ll die by my pizza gun and salty fries pistol, you mil-sim wannabe, and you’ll like it.

There’s been some stuff coming out about the next MCC season involving weapon skins and with that there is an option to disable them, so I’d expect the same situation for Infinite.