PLEASE LEAVE H2 MP ALONE 343!!!

I was really upset when I got Halo CE anniversary when I saw that it was only HALO CE campaign and Halo Reach multiplayer, not the original gameplay.

I really hope, on the Halo 2 anniversary, that 343 doesn’t just upgrade the campaign, and make it Halo 4 gameplay on Halo 2 maps.

PLEASE 343 - Leave the gameplay on Halo 2 as it is for multiplayer. Just upgrade the graphics and give it a polish, that’s it, I want to play pretty much the same game I knew and loved as a kid.

I want my H2 back, and if you don’t bring back H2 has it was when I played it before the servers were shut down, I will never be able to play H2 Multiplayer again, which would suck :frowning:

I honestly think it’s a likely chance we’ll get the original multiplayer IF 343i does decide to make a Halo 2 Anniversary (aka Halo 2 HD). The reason Halo CE Anniversary didn’t have the original multiplayer was because the original multiplayer was never made for online, and could not be implemented into the Anniversary edition. It would’ve taken years for them to re-make the multiplayer with a better netcode. With Halo 2, the online multiplayer was always there, and can be easily implemented in a Anniversary edition. They can tweak the graphics and polish it, and it still will be the same. If they’re actually listening to us, they should know not to change it too much, and just leave it the way it is. That’s all we’re asking for. We don’t need Forge and Theater (if they can, that would be great, but it’s unlikely), we all just want the original campaign (with co-op online) and original multiplayer with polished graphics, and that’s it. They can add terminals in too, I like that feature from CEA. The Halo CE PC multiplayer wouldn’t have helped them for Halo CE Anniversary’s MP either, that one didn’t have good netcoding as well. Which is why the co-op on the campaign online is so laggy.

Fair enough.

> The reason Halo CE Anniversary didn’t have the original multiplayer was because the original multiplayer was never made for online, and could not be implemented into the Anniversary edition.

I doubt that. The Perfect Dark remake on XBLA had implemented online play, both coop and multiplayer with a good netcode.
If 4J Studios could do it, why shoulden’t 343 studios be able to do the same?

I truely hope we will get online multiplayer (and online coop) in Halo 2 anniversary, fingers are crossed.

> > The reason Halo CE Anniversary didn’t have the original multiplayer was because the original multiplayer was never made for online, and could not be implemented into the Anniversary edition.
>
> I doubt that. The Perfect Dark remake on XBLA had implemented online play, both coop and multiplayer with a good netcode.
> If 4J Studios could do it, why shoulden’t 343 studios be able to do the same?
>
> I truely hope we will get online multiplayer (and online coop) in Halo 2 anniversary, fingers are crossed.

It might be because 343 didn’t make Halo CE, so implementing a way for the netcode to function would’ve probably taken a few years to get right. Either that, or exactly what they said at the time, they didn’t want to divide the fanbase between two recent Halo games. Honestly, I’m fine with Reach’s Anniversary Multiplayer. It’s definitely not up to par with the original, but still fun to play.

Man, If 343 made a Halo 2 Anniversary, that’d be pretty wicked, but don’t do what you did with Halo Anniversary and add different multipayer, and if I recall, you didn’t even add blood gulch on Halo Anniversary… BLOOD GULCH, that was arguably the most popular map in all of Halo 1.

H2 i almost a certainty. but please rid yourself of the idea that the original mp will be included, it will not.it will be H4 mp. ask yourself do you want to play H2 with ordinance drops ?

> H2 i almost a certainty. but please rid yourself of the idea that the original mp will be included, it will not.it will be H4 mp. ask yourself do you want to play H2 with ordinance drops ?

No. Plus it’s very likely they will add the original MP if they go thru with a H2A. There was online MP from the original, and it has a way better netcode than the Halo CE MP. So it’s very, very likely.

I’m just waiting for H2 Anniversary to be announced so Frankie can tell us that “we think we want original Halo 2 mp, but we really don’t”.

> > H2 i almost a certainty. but please rid yourself of the idea that the original mp will be included, it will not.it will be H4 mp. ask yourself do you want to play H2 with ordinance drops ?
>
> No. Plus it’s very likely they will add the original MP if they go thru with a H2A. There was online MP from the original, and it has a way better netcode than the Halo CE MP. So it’s very, very likely.

you think because it’s possible it will happen ! it will not. do you really think 343 would release a mp in direct competition with halo 4.
the game is a mp disaster as it is, so the chances of them releasing a much better mp are less than zero. that would be like turkeys voting for christmas. i would love to be wrong i really would but H2 will release with halo 4 mp you can bet your house on it.

> > > H2 i almost a certainty. but please rid yourself of the idea that the original mp will be included, it will not.it will be H4 mp. ask yourself do you want to play H2 with ordinance drops ?
> >
> > No. Plus it’s very likely they will add the original MP if they go thru with a H2A. There was online MP from the original, and it has a way better netcode than the Halo CE MP. So it’s very, very likely.
>
> you think because it’s possible it will happen ! it will not. do you really think 343 would release a mp in direct competition with halo 4.
> the game is a mp disaster as it is, so the chances of them releasing a much better mp are less than zero. that would be like turkeys voting for christmas. i would love to be wrong i really would but H2 will release with halo 4 mp you can bet your house on it.

You are wrong so start loving it. 343 right now realize that we are wise to the fanbase split bull. They created a split alright, the people who loved CE MP got shafted with CEA and they are pissed so yes, there is a split and it will get worse if they screw us with H2A the same way.

If they had given CEA it’s own MP, people would have played both and there would have been more of a migration from other platforms. The only way MS makes money aside from game sales is the new young crowd and migration that buy Live memberships. They do not lose money because the same peoplen who are already members would buy all Halo’s and play them all. No drop in revenue if they give us a crappy MP but a serious rise in revenue if they give us the game we want.

No Corporation dummies down a sale like they did with CEA unless they feel that what they are making is crap. 343 needs to grow a pair and use the talent they have to give us better games and they will never have to make up nonsense about not wanting to split the community.

i can’t help but admire your optimism. but it will not happen, but here’s hoping your right and i’m wrong hey if your right we’ll go down the pub and the beers are on me.

> i can’t help but admire your optimism. but it will not happen, but here’s hoping your right and i’m wrong hey if your right we’ll go down the pub and the beers are on me.

Roger that, pal.

All it takes is enough wallets saying so.

amen to that.

I don’t want Halo 2 with ordinance drops and DMR.

Just the original gameplay plz!!!

And if we do want ordinance drops and BR, make the maps importable to Halo 4! :smiley:

It hasn’t even been certain that there will be a remake, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. But I agree with you completely.

CE’s Multiplayer was not Included because 343 did not want to pull players away from Reach’s fading Population. CE Anniversary came out about a year after Reach.

Halo 2 Anniversary on the other hand will (hopefully) be released about 2 years after Halo 4, November 9th 2014. But who knows when Halo 5 will be released.

I would absolutely LOVE to see ORIGINAL MP (Untouched, Glitches and All) included with H2 Anniversary. But sadly I think 343 would probably Cut it due to all of the glitches present, as well as pulling Population from other Titles (H4-H5)

I think anyone who was coming into H2 MP with no previous experience would be pretty overwhelmed with everyone BXR’ing and Superbouncing outta the maps.

Hope 343 can pull it off without upsetting Veteran Halo 2 players. Maybe we’ll see H2 MP as an Arcade Title!! That would be PERFECT!!

yeah superbouncing would have to go and i would be fine with that

people would be fine with bxr i mean it was introduced during h2’s original span and everybody just learned how to perform it

thought of h2 with no modding and no superbouncing in mm is pretty incredible

i don’t see why they would care about people leaving crappy h4 multiplayer considering nobody plays it anyway and all they care about is initial sales

sheep will flock to h5 regardless of quality