Please Keep Scorpions in Multiplayer

It feels like in every Halo since 2 or 3 that the scorpions get replaced with wraiths universally across multiplayer when they are on the map initially. Scorpions are extremely powerful I get it, and I know we have the mantis but if a map supports the scorpion please keep it that way. I don’t want to see the scorpion keep getting shafted in multiplayer for the wraith. I like the wraith as much as the next guy but it gets time on enough maps. Let the scorpion have its day on BTB maps if they are there, even if it is just a single map. How did we go from tank dueling in Halo 2 coagulation to losing the tanks a month or two after release from all standard mp maps? Please keep the scorpion alive and well in standard multiplayer.

I have yet to see a Scorpion let alone play one in multiplayer for the MCC… so yeah I’m a fan of bringing it back into relevance.

You pointed out the problem: Scorpions are extremely powerful.

There is no way to tone down the power of the Scorpion without players feeling like they’re in a really slow go-kart. The Scorpion can only be effectively balanced in confined maps, and guess what - that’s exactly where they’re not fun. Here’s an example: I once got an Unfrigginbelievable medal in Halo: Reach while in a Scorpion in a fully-populated BTB Heavies matchup. The enemy was not incompetent - I learned that when my tank was finally destroyed - but the fact of the matter is that the Scorpion is almost impossible to balance, even with an enemy Scorpion, because one inevitably gets destroyed by the other, and the surviving one goes on to dominate for half the match.

343 has a philosophy of giving us less and expecting us to not ask for reasonable variety. Im expecting mantis every map like in 4 and no unsc flying vehicle since the mantis renders such a thing redundant (it being a land hornet w/melee capabilities and all)

dont expect much you wont be disappointed if you do

> 2533274879416877;3:
> You pointed out the problem: Scorpions are extremely powerful.
>
> There is no way to tone down the power of the Scorpion without players feeling like they’re in a really slow go-kart. The Scorpion can only be effectively balanced in confined maps, and guess what - that’s exactly where they’re not fun. Here’s an example: I once got an Unfrigginbelievable medal in Halo: Reach while in a Scorpion in a fully-populated BTB Heavies matchup. The enemy was not incompetent - I learned that when my tank was finally destroyed - but the fact of the matter is that the Scorpion is almost impossible to balance, even with an enemy Scorpion, because one inevitably gets destroyed by the other, and the surviving one goes on to dominate for half the match.

They aren’t that hard to destroy… I’ve taken out plenty of them by myself using only a plasma pistol and boarding it from the back.

I’ve dominated pretty bad in scorpions in my time, but I’ve also been able to decimate them with other vehicles as well (I used to troll tanks with a ghost every now and again). In this era of paper mache vehicles its not like the scorpion would be impossible to destroy.

> 2533274883849234;5:
> > 2533274879416877;3:
> > You pointed out the problem: Scorpions are extremely powerful.
> >
> > There is no way to tone down the power of the Scorpion without players feeling like they’re in a really slow go-kart. The Scorpion can only be effectively balanced in confined maps, and guess what - that’s exactly where they’re not fun. Here’s an example: I once got an Unfrigginbelievable medal in Halo: Reach while in a Scorpion in a fully-populated BTB Heavies matchup. The enemy was not incompetent - I learned that when my tank was finally destroyed - but the fact of the matter is that the Scorpion is almost impossible to balance, even with an enemy Scorpion, because one inevitably gets destroyed by the other, and the surviving one goes on to dominate for half the match.
>
>
> They aren’t that hard to destroy… I’ve taken out plenty of them by myself using only a plasma pistol and boarding it from the back.

Yeah, I do understand that, but it’s always going to be a really strange grey area with regards to skill. If you look at the Battle Rifle or the Sniper Rifle, in the right hands they outclass every other medium and long range infantry weapon. However, a Scorpion in the right hands outclasses literally everything and is nearly invincible. That’s why it’s hard to balance; because the worst players can get a few easy kills, but a slightly-above-average player can win a match single-handedly, It entirely defeats the purpose of BTB.

Doesn’t the Req system allow you to spawn in a Scorpion (albeit a little while into the match)?

And if so, what is the problem? That you don’t have it from the start? Two years ago the fans were screaming about equal starts (and even if two Scorpions spawned, it wouldn’t really be equal), and now that they are here (even in the chaotic-social gametype of Warzone), fans complain they aren’t the starts they wanted.

Its not about warzone total reverse. This is about the tanks being around in standard mp. They will make an appearance on a BTB map only to be wiped from existence a month or two later to be replaced by wraiths, the brief moments they get in campaign shouldn’t be the only time the scorpion gets to shine.

Halo 4’s Scotpion was actually pretty balanced imo, In fact I think the Wraith was a lot stronger in H4, to bad the Mantis was in every single -Yoinking!- map.

Thankfully Big Team Heavies fixes that and it’s the mode I mostly enjoy and play in Halo 4 especially in Ragnarok since it has all my favorite vehicles in one map.

In the other Halos the Scorpion is to -Yoink- powerful (Halo Reach Hemorrhage anyone?)

343 already put more scorpions in every game they’ve worked on. Scorpions didn’t really return to prominence in Halo Reach until they started working on the game’s matchmaking. Halo 4 had 2 maps that had a scorpion on Exile as well as in Dominion on Outcast.

Scorpions should be in more maps, but hey that’s also what custom games are for.

i was on halo when it first came out but by now i think after recently buying it again i made a big mistake as i feel the game has lost everything i remember when there were more players on a map and the maps allowed more space for scorpions and banshees and the biggest mistake the game developers did was remove the boosters i think to myself isnt it more hastle removing all that stuff and is this really what the community wanted i think updates should be voted not forced upon the delicate gaming community RIP HALO 5

> 2535470349194032;12:
> i was on halo when it first came out but by now i think after recently buying it again i made a big mistake as i feel the game has lost everything i remember when there were more players on a map and the maps allowed more space for scorpions and banshees and the biggest mistake the game developers did was remove the boosters i think to myself isnt it more hastle removing all that stuff and is this really what the community wanted i think updates should be voted not forced upon the delicate gaming community RIP HALO 5