Please Keep #s in Title for 'Main Halo' Games

Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4 & Halo 5 just have so much more impact and timeline appeal compared to say Halo ODST or Halo Reach.

Much like the mechanics please keep it simple.

There eventually comes a point where A) It starts sounding stupid and B) It stops people from buying the game because they’ll feel like they’ll be extremely lost in the story, like Final Fantasy 13.

As long as the game is good, it doesn’t matter to me if there’s a number in the title. Bring on the gameplay.

While I sort of agree with the OP I’d like to point out that the halo game that started it all had a sub title, Combat Evolved. So them adding a sub title to Halo 5 doesnt really seem that out of place.

> 2533274875705074;2:
> There eventually comes a point where A) It starts sounding stupid and B) It stops people from buying the game because they’ll feel like they’ll be extremely lost in the story, like Final Fantasy 13.

I feel like completely replacing numbers with subtitles would end up being even more confusing. It would make it more difficult to tell where exactly a game fits into the Halo timeline. It’s easy to tell that Halo 2 comes before Halo 3, that Halo 5 comes after Halo 4, and so on. It’s not so easy when we only have subtitles.

I personally hope they don’t milk Halo for that long. But it seems like they are more interested in making money than they are in making good Halo games, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with 15+ more sequels, prequels, and spin-offs.

as Drowsy Demon said it just gets to a point where it gets a little overboard and sounds stupid, like halo 6 sounds good halo 7 sounds okay but halo 8 and 9 just sound plain stupid

They could just have a prefix after 9, or something.

Super Halo: Galaxy 2!

You don’t think it’ll sound a tad ridiculous when we begin to name our games “Halo 27”, “Halo 28”, and “Halo 29”?

I reckon they should do the star wars formula leave it at 6 and don’t number the rest