Please keep big team 8v8

Halo isnt battlefield, its a game more focused on close to mid ranged encounters. id really like the game to keep this niche as we have seen that when halo drifts from its core gameplay, it suffers with a poor game and halo experience. If you want big maps people go to other fps games, we dont need halo adopting features from other games, we need the new halo to aquire its older core halo features and to bring a halo experience… not CoD or BF3

I don’t see why they can’t have both.

What’s wrong with 10 vs. 10 or even 12 vs. 12?

If there are bigger maps, then it should work.

> I don’t see why they can’t have both.

Because big team isnt a core halo experience. 343 need to COMPLETELY pay attention to the fans of the franchise that care about that state of the game, if they concentrate on halo reach/4 population which is very small, you will get another fail halo game, focus on the competitive, core halo experience and to to follow i nthe footsteps of the first 3 halo games you will get a solid game which any1 including more casual gamers can enjoy

dont see why we cant have a simple halo experience

> What’s wrong with 10 vs. 10 or even 12 vs. 12?
>
> If there are bigger maps, then it should work.

halo 5 needs more halo like features and gameplay, big massive battlefield like maps arent part of that

> > I don’t see why they can’t have both.
>
> Because big team isnt a core halo experience.

Interesting…

Big Team Battle is the most popular playlist and always has been.

> > What’s wrong with 10 vs. 10 or even 12 vs. 12?
> >
> > If there are bigger maps, then it should work.
>
> halo 5 needs more halo like features and gameplay, big massive battlefield like maps arent part of that

A simple bump up to 10 vs. 10 or 12 vs. 12 won’t destroy Halo gameplay. Maps the size of Sandtrap could have accommodated that amount of players.

I agree. Increasing the player count for matchmaking games will end up being more trouble than it’s worth.

We’ll end up with a better game if they improve what they got right now and not just starting all over again.

Making bigger maps and re balancing every thing to accommodate for it will only allow for more mistakes to be made.

Lets just stick to the system that’s stood the test of time and improve and innovate on it.

> > I don’t see why they can’t have both.
>
> Because big team isnt a core halo experience. 343 need to COMPLETELY pay attention to the fans of the franchise that care about that state of the game, if they concentrate on halo reach/4 population which is very small, you will get another fail halo game, focus on the competitive, core halo experience and to to follow i nthe footsteps of the first 3 halo games you will get a solid game which any1 including more casual gamers can enjoy
>
> dont see why we cant have a simple halo experience

If they listen to the community then they will learn that fans want and have watnted flyable dropships, boats, bigger battles, ext.
Meaning that yes, fans want more than 8v8.
Having more players isn’t going to change Halo anymore than it already has. Even if they change back to classic Halo.
They can easily have both 8v8 and 12v12 or whatever. It would just be a different playlist.

> > > I don’t see why they can’t have both.
> >
> > Because big team isnt a core halo experience.
>
> Interesting…
>
> Big Team Battle is the most-played playlist, and always has been in Halo.

cof cof correction… not halo… *halo 4

as i expected, you didnt play previous halos, team slayer and social slayer were the most popular in the most popular halo game which was halo 3, it really says something about a halo game and the people playing it if the most pop playlist is big team. cnt compete with this knowledge son

> > > What’s wrong with 10 vs. 10 or even 12 vs. 12?
> > >
> > > If there are bigger maps, then it should work.
> >
> > halo 5 needs more halo like features and gameplay, big massive battlefield like maps arent part of that
>
> A simple bump up to 10 vs. 10 or 12 vs. 12 won’t destroy Halo gameplay. Maps the size of Sandtrap could have accommodated that amount of players.

as i already said, its not how it changes the gameplay, its just not part of what makes halo… halo, its a small team based area game mainly with some add on gametypes like dubles… big team, i dont want haloduty field 5. i want halo 5

> > > I don’t see why they can’t have both.
> >
> > Because big team isnt a core halo experience. 343 need to COMPLETELY pay attention to the fans of the franchise that care about that state of the game, if they concentrate on halo reach/4 population which is very small, you will get another fail halo game, focus on the competitive, core halo experience and to to follow i nthe footsteps of the first 3 halo games you will get a solid game which any1 including more casual gamers can enjoy
> >
> > dont see why we cant have a simple halo experience
>
> If they listen to the community then they will learn that fans want and have watnted flyable dropships, boats, bigger battles, ext.
> Meaning that yes, fans want more than 8v8.
> Having more players isn’t going to change Halo anymore than it already has. Even if they change back to classic Halo.
> They can easily have both 8v8 and 12v12 or whatever. It would just be a different playlist.

if they listen to the casuals who make up most of the population of halo 4, who didnt play or like the past halo games and know nothing about what makes a good competitive fps or know what makes a good competitive solid halo experience then yes, you will get a lot of i want sprint and killstreaks and red dot sights.

if you listen to the core halo community who in terms of population consists of a FAR larger number of people than the halo 4 community (yes they are 2 seperate communities) who feel more strongly about the state of the game and actually played and enjoyed the previous halo titles and experiences, then u will get opinions similar to that of, we need to remove descope/sprint/randomness with a follow up of a logical and decent explanation with acceptable reasoning ect ect.

if u listen to the first community i mentioned u will get a poorer halo game, if u listen to the other community, u will get a better halo game, go onto youtube and type in gandhis thoughts, this guy is next level when it comes to halo, if this guy was in charge oh lord would halo 5 be good i mean 30 min vids to explain one feature of halo and why its good or bad for the core halo experience, dude has knowledge

I’m all for keeping an 8v8 playlist, but something like Bigger Team Battle shouldn’t be thrown out of the picture.

It can very easily work in Halo, it just would require very good maps and a larger vehicle/weapon/map sandbox.

> > > > What’s wrong with 10 vs. 10 or even 12 vs. 12?
> > > >
> > > > If there are bigger maps, then it should work.
> > >
> > > halo 5 needs more halo like features and gameplay, big massive battlefield like maps arent part of that
> >
> > A simple bump up to 10 vs. 10 or 12 vs. 12 won’t destroy Halo gameplay. Maps the size of Sandtrap could have accommodated that amount of players.
>
> as i already said, its not how it changes the gameplay, its just not part of what makes halo… halo, its a small team based area game mainly with some add on gametypes like dubles… big team, i dont want haloduty field 5. i want halo 5

I just don’t understand what’s so wrong with a couple more players. I’m not asking for 32 vs. 32…

Big Team Battle is fun for some people, that’s why they play it.

As for your population comment, I always thought Social Big Team was the most popular playlist. I suppose I may be wrong, because I wasn’t a huge follower of the series at the time (I had switched over from PlayStation 3 in 2008; I had owned Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 before, however). They’re obviously doing something correct with Big Team if everyone plays it (or something terribly wrong with Team Slayer).

big team battle and bigger team battle. i like it. hope they bring back a UNSC flyable vehicle.

halo was been known to have all types and ranges of combat since the first one. close range, long range, vehicle combat its got it all. i like big team the way it is now too and theres no reason they cant have a traditional big team playlist and then one thats bigger and more war-like with some the feature being described here. cuz i’ll be honest it sounds pretty cool and as long as still plays like halo im in.

> Halo isnt battlefield, its a game more focused on close to mid ranged encounters. id really like the game to keep this niche as we have seen that when halo drifts from its core gameplay, it suffers with a poor game and halo experience. If you want big maps people go to other fps games, we dont need halo adopting features from other games, we need the new halo to aquire its older core halo features and to bring a halo experience… not CoD or BF3

But if you think about it. Having a match, consisting of 10v10, 12v12, or even 16v16, would make the game quite exciting and intense. lol yeah, all hell may break out, but I think i would be real fun to have. However, if 343 were to do that, the maps would have to be as big as Forge World, itself. I can only imagine, a Slayer, CTF, Dominion, Extraction, and perhaps, Invasion if Elites return as a playable species.
Also, with maps that big, and matches that big. Imagine what vehicles may appear. Elephant, Pelican, etc.
Who agrees?

> > > > I don’t see why they can’t have both.
> > >
> > > Because big team isnt a core halo experience. 343 need to COMPLETELY pay attention to the fans of the franchise that care about that state of the game, if they concentrate on halo reach/4 population which is very small, you will get another fail halo game, focus on the competitive, core halo experience and to to follow i nthe footsteps of the first 3 halo games you will get a solid game which any1 including more casual gamers can enjoy
> > >
> > > dont see why we cant have a simple halo experience
> >
> > If they listen to the community then they will learn that fans want and have watnted flyable dropships, boats, bigger battles, ext.
> > Meaning that yes, fans want more than 8v8.
> > Having more players isn’t going to change Halo anymore than it already has. Even if they change back to classic Halo.
> > They can easily have both 8v8 and 12v12 or whatever. It would just be a different playlist.
>
> if they listen to the casuals who make up most of the population of halo 4, who didnt play or like the past halo games and know nothing about what makes a good competitive fps or know what makes a good competitive solid halo experience then yes, you will get a lot of i want sprint and killstreaks and red dot sights.
>
> if you listen to the core halo community who in terms of population consists of a FAR larger number of people than the halo 4 community (yes they are 2 seperate communities) who feel more strongly about the state of the game and actually played and enjoyed the previous halo titles and experiences, then u will get opinions similar to that of, we need to remove descope/sprint/randomness with a follow up of a logical and decent explanation with acceptable reasoning ect ect.
>
> if u listen to the first community i mentioned u will get a poorer halo game, if u listen to the other community, u will get a better halo game, go onto youtube and type in gandhis thoughts, this guy is next level when it comes to halo, if this guy was in charge oh lord would halo 5 be good i mean 30 min vids to explain one feature of halo and why its good or bad for the core halo experience, dude has knowledge

So because I want a 12v12 big team battle…I’m a casual? Not only am I a casual, I want Halo to be Call of Duty apparently.

Get real.
Halo isnt about being as hardcore and MLG as the other player and doesn’t go exclusively to the competitive nor the casual.
It’s about a fair, fun, and balanced gameplay experience. Which yes, Halo 4 and Reach failed horribly at.

I enjoy playing Halo casualy and competitively and have since Halo 2 thank you.

Like I said at first. I don’t see why we can’t have both 8v8 and 12v12. Both being completely different playlists and gametypes!

> big team battle and bigger team battle. i like it. hope they bring back a UNSC flyable vehicle.

Bigger Team Battle cannot exist without UNSC flying vehicles. That is a plural, make note of it. Without UNSC flying vehicles and a massively enlarged sandbox it would just be BTB with more people.

As someone who has been wanting this since Halo 3 came out, I would be seriously peeved if we don’t get these features now that the next-gen consoles are here.

Vehicles needed for Bigger Team Battle:
-Hornet
-Falcon
-Pelican
-Banshee
-Phantom
-Elephant
-Something big and Covenant to fight Elephant, Scarab or Lich is preferred.
-Skyhawk jet or Broadsword
-Seraph

and much more -Yoink- that I could go on for days about. Halo 4 only added ONE new vehicle to the franchise, 343i needs to make up for this in Halo 5 by overdoing it.

Keep an 8v8 playlist.

But if the Xbox One can allow them, I’m sure they’ll go bigger. Fans have been asking, for a long time, for big battles. Bigger maps, Pelicans, boats, diverse landscapes, a variety of ways to play and meet an engagement. Imagine how much fun and intense that can be for a game like Halo.
Keeping it Halo is fine, but you can also move forward.

343i likes vehicles, and whats better for vehicles than massive maps? The sandbox, Halo’s array of vehicles (new and old), could support such combat.

Call me “casual” if you wish, but I’m certainly not the only one who would enjoy such an experience for Halo.