Please introduce these new 'Medals'

Medals are great. They show us our accomplishments in each game, and act as a record of how we play. But there are certain actions which aren’t really worth an award, but should still be noted. Some buddies and I got together and, taking yoinking as an example, came up with these:

Blue Falcon (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Awarded for betraying a teammate.
Missing in Action: Quit a team match.
Kill Thief (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Killed an opponent that another has weakened.
Extra Baggage: Scored less than 10% of your teams score, with a negative K/D as well.
Dr. Kevorkian (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Committed suicide.
Noob: Fired twice as many rounds as those that hit accurately.
Spammer: Threw the most grenades (not necessarily the most kills with grenades) in that round.
Waste of Space: Held a power weapon and failed to achieve a kill with it.

Any other examples?

Or not

I actually like some of these

There’s only 1 medal that needs introduced because their counterpart objectives have these medals.

There’s a Flag Kill Medal

There’s an Oddball Kill Medal

So why hasn’t there been a Bomb Kill Medal?

It’s the only 1 that hasn’t been in when those medals were introduced in Halo 3.

Ehh… no. If it’s not some type of worthy accomplishment, it shouldn’t have a medal or an award. You really want to promote betrayal sprees so some troll can get his name on the screen at the end of the game?

> Ehh… no. If it’s not some type of worthy accomplishment, it shouldn’t have a medal or an award. You really want to promote betrayal sprees so some troll can get his name on the screen at the end of the game?

Then there are a lot of medals, including First Strike or Yoinks, that shouldn’t be in the system.

I guess, more to my point, I’d love to be able look up that guy trying to friend up with us and see that he’s a power-weapon grabbing, grenade spamming, betrayer and quitter.

Hell, I already see ‘yoinks’ and say nope.

Bungie did show quite a few info of the medals to us on Reach, so I don’t see why 343 wouldn’t show us some info about the medals.

I see where you’re going with this. But no more medals please.

Medals awarding bad play is not a good idea. Personally, I would love to see an MVP medal, awarded to the player with the best K/D spread in a Slayer variant match.

Blue Falcon (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Awarded for betraying a teammate.
Betrayers, betrayers everywhere!

Missing in Action: Quit a team match.
A lot of people would quit to earn it or to go up in the medal specific leaderboards… (same for Blue Falcon)

Kill Thief (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Killed an opponent that another has weakened.
I thinked about it too, nice idea.

Extra Baggage: Scored less than 10% of your teams score, with a negative K/D as well.
Same as the first two medals.

Dr. Kevorkian (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Committed suicide.
same as first medal

Noob: Fired twice as many rounds as those that hit accurately.
ok

Spammer: Threw the most grenades (not necessarily the most kills with grenades) in that round.
Grenade spamming increase?

Waste of Space: Held a power weapon and failed to achieve a kill with it.
People picking up power weapons and not playing.

so is the purpose of this post to say “hey, since ‘yoink’ is a medal you get for doing something that typically pisses off your teammates let’s have more medals for other actions that do too!” to kind of be like “there aren’t medals for team killing and leaving a game early, so why is there a medal for kill stealing?” because if it is i agree whole-heartedly. i might just be reading too mutch into it, i dunno…

Let me get this straight, OP. You want medals awarded to kill stealers, quitters, betrayers, unskilled players, and all sorts of undesirable players, which will in turn give them more encouragement to deliberately betray, steal kills, quit, and play bad? It’s a damn good thing you’re not in charge because that may be one of the worst ideas ever conceived. I’m sorry for being so blunt, but did you even put any thought into how catastrophic that would be to this game?

Don’t feed the troll.

> Don’t feed the troll.

Mmh… right, I didn’t remember.

> Don’t feed the troll.

Took me a few to realize that something like this could only come from a troll. I feel ashamed :frowning:

> Medals are great. They show us our accomplishments in each game, and act as a record of how we play. But there are certain actions which aren’t really worth an award, but should still be noted. Some buddies and I got together and, taking yoinking as an example, came up with these:
>
> Blue Falcon (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Awarded for betraying a teammate.
> Missing in Action: Quit a team match.
> <mark>Kill Thief (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Killed an opponent that another has weakened.</mark>
> <mark>Extra Baggage: Scored less than 10% of your teams score, with a negative K/D as well.</mark>
> <mark>Dr. Kevorkian (single, spree, frenzy, etc): Committed suicide.</mark>
> <mark>Noob: Fired twice as many rounds as those that hit accurately.</mark>
> <mark>Spammer: Threw the most grenades (not necessarily the most kills with grenades) in that round.</mark>
> <mark>Waste of Space: Held a power weapon and failed to achieve a kill with it.</mark>
>
> Any other examples?

I agree with the highlighted. Lol. ‘Extra baggage’, that’s a good one.

To be honest, I don’t see much good coming out of these. This would just encourage bad game play. Awarding players for betraying team mates? For quitting? For being useless in battle? What? No.

> To be honest, I don’t see much good coming out of these. This would just encourage bad game play. Awarding players for betraying team mates? For quitting? For being useless in battle? What? No.

Nah, not much good could come from these. But there are just those times you want to permanently brand a players account with their d’baggery.

Meh … I’m needlessly vindictive like that. And I love it when people take junk posts so serious, heheheh …