Please Include a Hitscan in Halo 4

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to take some time to talk about Halo 4 and how to BR/ Other weapons will work in the game. I prefer Hit scan weapons. The BR in Halo 2 Was far better than it was in Halo 3, And I am a big fan of the Reach Sniper. I hope they decide to include a Hit scan Battle Rifle in Halo 4 or we will see the random BR spread as we did in Halo 3 which many didnt really like.

Do you think they will include a hit scan? Do you want a Hit Scan?

While I’m not happy about it, we’ll probably have hit scan in 4. Personally, I really like the bullets travels in 3. Just felt right.

God no! Hitscan is just another thing that reduces the skill gap and makes the game like CoD. The only downside to no hitscan in Halo 3 was the terrible lag. If they can resolve this issue. Then I see no reason for hitscan to return.

While on a LAN The bullet spread was much less random, The way matchmaking works over networks causes for lots of problems. With some shots not registering at all, Having a hit scan would be the most beneficial way to make sure each player has a little slack with their network.

The Halo 2 Battle Rifle in my opinion was much better than the Halo 3 Battle Rifle.

I’d love for it to return, but who knows.

wtf is a hitscan?

i think it would be cool if it was 32 people in a game 16 vs. 16 would be so much fun. it would also be good for machinimas

> Yoink! is a hitscan?

Where bullets hit the target you are shooting at as soon as you fire, rather than taking time over distance to reach it.

> i think it would be cool if it was 32 people in a game 16 vs. 16 would be so much fun. it would also be good for machinimas

It would be way too chaotic and laggy IMO. I mean it would be cool to try, but normal BTB shouldn’t be replaced by it or anything, and more time would have to be devoted to maps that can accommodate that many players.

Hitscan needs to be in Halo 4 because it takes the host factor of the host having better shots out…mostly.

Ht-scan is an absolute necessity for an online video game as fast paced and competitive as Halo. For LAN and split-screen, yeah, bullet travel time increases the skill gap. For Xbox Live, all it does is create frustrating gameplay by spawning a luck factor based on connection.

> God no! Hitscan is just another thing that reduces the skill gap and makes the game like CoD. The only downside to no hitscan in Halo 3 was the terrible lag. If they can resolve this issue. Then I see no reason for hitscan to return.

Exactly how would it lower the skill gap? Enlighten me.

Do note that i don’t have a problem with Halo 3 or it’s bullet mechanics but man that game is inconsistent.

> Hello Guys,
>
>
> I just wanted to take some time to talk about Halo 4 and how to BR/ Other weapons will work in the game. I prefer Hit scan weapons. The BR in Halo 2 Was far better than it was in Halo 3, And I am a big fan of the Reach Sniper. I hope they decide to include a Hit scan Battle Rifle in Halo 4 or we will see the random BR spread as we did in Halo 3 which many didnt really like.
>
>
> Do you think they will include a hit scan? Do you want a Hit Scan?

Hitscan and bullet spread are completely seperate…

> God no! Hitscan is just another thing that reduces the skill gap and makes the game like CoD. The only downside to no hitscan in Halo 3 was the terrible lag. If they can resolve this issue. Then I see no reason for hitscan to return.

Sorry but you are wrong. There is no skill when the person who has the better connection will win most of the time giving you an unfair advantage. There is no skill when it involves the person with the better connection doing better no matter what.

I think that they should come up with a way so that we can have actual bullets but with all of the advantages of hitscan.

For example:
Bullets go towards the opponent that you are shooting at, rather than in the direction that you are shooting.

> God no! Hitscan is just another thing that reduces the skill gap and makes the game like CoD. The only downside to no hitscan in Halo 3 was the terrible lag. If they can resolve this issue. Then I see no reason for hitscan to return.

This is my thinking as well. I’m sure the lag issues will be almost gone on H4.

Every game that hasn’t had hitscan has just turned into a complete host-fest. You’ve seen Halo CE for PC,and Black Ops has absolutely terrible hit detection because it doesn’t have hitscan.

Hitscan is a necessity for online gaming. It gives players with bad connections a level playing field against players with host advantage, and it lessens the frustration of latency. Frankly, it makes the game more playable and less frustrating. Some may say that “it lessens skill gap” but in reality, bullet travel only rewards players for good connection rather than for skill.

That whole “Hitscan is for noobs” argument is flawed; bullet travel becomes inconsistent whenever players don’t have a great connection, and since not many people constantly have a ping of under 50 they will experience inconsistency. Whenever anything is inconsistent the skill gap is lowered. Therefore, bullet ravel lessens the skill gap even more than hitscan does.

Hitscan is better for the long run, in terms of connection and I don’t understand why people say it takes no skill, Bullet delay adds even more luck at longer ranges.

Oh and you know those long Markman headshots on BC2? thos are majority skill but still has a luck factor since they never fire directly above a moving target, they just have to hope the target maintains the same direction and speed.

> Hello Guys,
>
>
> I just wanted to take some time to talk about Halo 4 and how to BR/ Other weapons will work in the game. I prefer Hit scan weapons. The BR in Halo 2 Was far better than it was in Halo 3, And I am a big fan of the Reach Sniper. I hope they decide to include a Hit scan Battle Rifle in Halo 4 or we will see the random BR spread as we did in Halo 3 which many didnt really like.
>
>
> Do you think they will include a hit scan? Do you want a Hit Scan?

hitscan is infinitely better than bullets traveling thru laggy xbox live.

its not even debatable. its just strictly better.

maybe in 10 years when everyone has fiber optic internet, we can afford to have bullets traveling thru xbox live. until then, however, i’ll take a game where

SKILL MATTERS MORE THAN HOST / CONNECTION SPEED.

take black ops as a prime example of terrible netcode. if you have 4 bar in that game you only have to shoot with ~35% accuracy to beat someone with 3 bar that starts shooting you at the same time as you start shooting him before he lands ONE SINGLE BULLET. this is because the game is NOT HITSCAN.

think about it this way

which is better

(hitscan)
shoot on target -> get a hit

shoot off target -> get a miss

or…

(non-hitscan)
shoot on target -> maybe hit, maybe not, depending on latency for that split second.

shoot off target -> maybe miss, maybe hit, depending on latency for that split second.

> Every game that hasn’t had hitscan has just turned into a complete host-fest. You’ve seen Halo CE for PC,and Black Ops has absolutely terrible hit detection because it doesn’t have hitscan.
>
> Hitscan is a necessity for online gaming. It gives players with bad connections a level playing field against players with host advantage, and it lessens the frustration of latency. Frankly, it makes the game more playable and less frustrating. Some may say that “it lessens skill gap” but in reality, bullet travel only rewards players for good connection rather than for skill.
>
> That whole “Hitscan is for noobs” argument is flawed; bullet travel becomes inconsistent whenever players don’t have a great connection, and since not many people constantly have a ping of under 50 they will experience inconsistency. Whenever anything is inconsistent the skill gap is lowered. Therefore, bullet ravel lessens the skill gap even more than hitscan does.

this. well said tacticul.

I don’t like hitscan, I’d rather have it like in Halo 3.