Please improve Stats tracking

With legacy halos online services shutting down end of the year, many of us are grinding until the last moments now to get missing achievements, unlocks and other stuff that we may have missed out, or to simply collect final memories of the good old days in the legacy multiplayers.
It would be very appreciated if 343 would improve stats tracking for the legacy halos on waypoint, so we can preserve this soon gone era much better and more detailed.
With halo.bungie.net going offline earlier this year, this here is literally everything thats left of those days that forged many of us to who we are today

Yes, Thank you!

Stats tracking for H3, ODST, and Reach are all currently broken.

I really hope they get fixed before the end of the year.

Its quite easy, 343just has to sync the service records of us spartans with each games tab in our profiles service record on waypoint. Probably add some columns and stuff to have everything displayed, but thats it

> 2535469059471672;3:
> Its quite easy, 343just has to sync the service records of us spartans with each games tab in our profiles service record on waypoint. Probably add some columns and stuff to have everything displayed, but thats it

Well - I wouldn’t say it’s quite easy, otherwise they would’ve done it already.

Fact is - the stats used to update but they aren’t anymore.
I hope they investigate why and resolve it.

og reach stats have not been updating on the game menu itself since march i think. i see a lot of players with rank but stats are 0 across the board. you can still find games in team slayer really fast.

To be clear, the legacy games show the following on waypoint:

• Halo 2: You havent played this game yet.H2 Vista was the first game to support achievements, but its not supported by waypoint. Pls change that to at least achievements and campaign progression, since multiplayer is long gone.

• Halo 3:Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
    Please extend campaign column to earned medals
    Multiplayer lists overall rank, highest rank, ranked EP, played games, earned kills, playtime in MP and active since. Please extend this to earned medals, KD ratio, Win/Loss ratio, overall EXP, ranked EP per playlist instead of max ranked EP

• Halo 3: ODSTSingle player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
    Differentiate FF stats for each map, difficulty and single player/coop

• Halo: Reach: The Halo:Reach Stats app is no longer availableArmory progression, commendation progression and overall rank is listed, but nothing else.
    0 kills in MP. 0 Deaths in MP, 0 played games in MP. 0 victories, 0 defeats, no active since, no playtime in MP. Please fix this missing stats and extend them to earned medals like H3
    Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
    Campaign progression: single player: 0; Coop: 0; no completed difficulty, playtime, kills, deaths are listed

• Halo 4Avatar, SR and commendation progress are listed
    MP KD ratio, active since and MP playtime are missing, while win/loss ratio is listed. Please fix missing stats and extend it to earned medals like H3
    Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
    Campaign progression: single player: 0; Coop: 0; while single player completion difficulty, playtime, kills and deaths are listed
    Spartan Ops progression shows only overall progression and overall highscore, please differentiate between overall progression/highscore, Episode progression/highscore and chapter progression/highscore. Also add areas for medals in those columns please
    Challenge hub only shows daily challenges, although they will be gone soon pls extend this until then with all challenges

> 2766496913967593;4:
> > 2535469059471672;3:
> > Its quite easy, 343just has to sync the service records of us spartans with each games tab in our profiles service record on waypoint. Probably add some columns and stuff to have everything displayed, but thats it
>
> Well - I wouldn’t say it’s quite easy, otherwise they would’ve done it already.
>
> Fact is - the stats used to update but they aren’t anymore.
> I hope they investigate why and resolve it.

Well for me its as simple as “Stats dont update anymore, lets go and make them update again”. Also i named some recommendations on how 343 can improve the stats

> 2535469059471672;6:
> To be clear, the legacy games show the following on waypoint:
> - Halo 2: You havent played this game yet.H2 Vista was the first game to support achievements, but its not supported by waypoint. Pls change that to at least achievements and campaign progression, since multiplayer is long gone.
> - Halo 3:Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
> Please extend campaign column to earned medals
> Multiplayer lists overall rank, highest rank, ranked EP, played games, earned kills, playtime in MP and active since. Please extend this to earned medals, KD ratio, Win/Loss ratio, overall EXP, ranked EP per playlist instead of max ranked EP
> - Halo 3: ODSTSingle player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
> Differentiate FF stats for each map, difficulty and single player/coop
> - Halo: ReachArmory progression, commendation progression and overall rank is listed, but nothing else.
> 0 kills in MP. 0 Deaths in MP, 0 played games in MP. 0 victories, 0 defeats, no active since, no playtime in MP. Please fix this missing stats and extend them to earned medals like H3
> Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
> Campaign progression: single player: 0; Coop: 0; no completed difficulty, playtime, kills, deaths are listed
> - Halo 4Avatar, SR and commendation progress are listed
> MP KD ratio, active since and MP playtime are missing, while win/loss ratio is listed. Please fix missing stats and extend it to earned medals like H3
> Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
> Campaign progression: single player: 0; Coop: 0; while single player completion difficulty, playtime, kills and deaths are listed
> Spartan Ops progression shows only overall progression and overall highscore, please differentiate between overall progression/highscore, Episode progression/highscore and chapter progression/highscore. Also add areas for medals in those columns please
> Challenge hub only shows daily challenges, although they will be gone soon pls extend this until then with all challenges

Halo 2 only shows stats if you played it on Xbox live - before the original servers went down.
That’s not going to change.

The rest of what you’re writing is either incorrect, or just not going to happen.

I understand your desire for more detailed stats on old games, but they’re just not going to do it since they’re shutting them down.
The best we can hope for at this point is to restore the functionality that exists to be working again.

Right now, 3, ODST and Reach don’t update 95% of the stats that display on Waypoint.com. If we can at least get the currently displayed stats to update, that’d be a win.

I made a forum last week about if stat tracking can be fixed before the shutdown.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/8f4648981f554a9d86527a5754966e89/topics/360-stats-are-still-not-registering-on-waypoint/355e7435-8e53-4066-a615-4cf770e4e1f7/posts

But I got no response if they are aware of this problem.

> 2766496913967593;8:
> > 2535469059471672;6:
> > To be clear, the legacy games show the following on waypoint:
> > - Halo 2: You havent played this game yet.H2 Vista was the first game to support achievements, but its not supported by waypoint. Pls change that to at least achievements and campaign progression, since multiplayer is long gone.
> > - Halo 3:Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
> > Please extend campaign column to earned medals
> > Multiplayer lists overall rank, highest rank, ranked EP, played games, earned kills, playtime in MP and active since. Please extend this to earned medals, KD ratio, Win/Loss ratio, overall EXP, ranked EP per playlist instead of max ranked EP
> > - Halo 3: ODSTSingle player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
> > Differentiate FF stats for each map, difficulty and single player/coop
> > - Halo: ReachArmory progression, commendation progression and overall rank is listed, but nothing else.
> > 0 kills in MP. 0 Deaths in MP, 0 played games in MP. 0 victories, 0 defeats, no active since, no playtime in MP. Please fix this missing stats and extend them to earned medals like H3
> > Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
> > Campaign progression: single player: 0; Coop: 0; no completed difficulty, playtime, kills, deaths are listed
> > - Halo 4Avatar, SR and commendation progress are listed
> > MP KD ratio, active since and MP playtime are missing, while win/loss ratio is listed. Please fix missing stats and extend it to earned medals like H3
> > Single player and coop campaign isnt differentiated, please seperate this column into single player and coop progression
> > Campaign progression: single player: 0; Coop: 0; while single player completion difficulty, playtime, kills and deaths are listed
> > Spartan Ops progression shows only overall progression and overall highscore, please differentiate between overall progression/highscore, Episode progression/highscore and chapter progression/highscore. Also add areas for medals in those columns please
> > Challenge hub only shows daily challenges, although they will be gone soon pls extend this until then with all challenges
>
> The rest of what you’re writing is either incorrect, or just not going to happen.

What im writing isnt ‘incorrect’ or ‘not going to happen’, but just a view of whats updated in my service record and whats not, alongside with points that could be further improved and expanded.
Maybe 343 will fix this, maybe 343 will do those extensions, maybe 343 will do nothing about it. Who knows?
I just hope they do something about it, and i hope that maybe they’re considerinng doing the expansions i talked about above, since im probably not the only one dreaming about this

Halo 3, ODST, 4 and Reach all shows campaign completion progress separately - so yes, I believe some of what you wrote is incorrect.

> 2766496913967593;11:
> Halo 3, ODST, 4 and Reach all shows campaign completion progress separately - so yes, I believe some of what you wrote is incorrect.

I made this to show you the difference of how it is currently separated and how i want it to be separated Legacy halo service record - Album on Imgur
Yeah its from MCC, but its more accurately for the stats on each mission wether in coop or single player

> 2535469059471672;12:
> > 2766496913967593;11:
> > Halo 3, ODST, 4 and Reach all shows campaign completion progress separately - so yes, I believe some of what you wrote is incorrect.
>
> I made this to show you the difference of how it is currently separated and how i want it to be separated Legacy halo service record - Album on Imgur
> Yeah its from MCC, but its more accurately for the stats on each mission wether in coop or single player

Ok, I understand.
I think at this point, it’s unlikely to have any ‘upgrades’ to the legacy stat tracking, especially considering we never had those tracked in that way.

If we could AT LEAST get the current stats to function as intended, that would be fantastic.

I agree it would be nice if we as fans and as a community at least get proper stats tracking, but i also like to advise them some ideas to improve and expand the stats tracking, so that they actually can do something meaningful for the fans, the community, for us.

Improved tracking would be a miracle, but I would be happy with just returning to normal functionality. I finally got my Skill rank in H3 to increase after all these years, and I really hope to become General by the Summer. I would love for that to be able to show up on my Waypoint before its shut down for good.

> 2533274841519598;15:
> Improved tracking would be a miracle, but I would be happy with just returning to normal functionality. I finally got my Skill rank in H3 to increase after all these years, and I really hope to become General by the Summer. I would love for that to be able to show up on my Waypoint before its shut down for good.

How are you able to rank up in skill? My highest is a 24 in Lone Wolves and I wouldn’t mind increasing that to a 50. But as the population is dead, I couldnt find a match in any ranked game mode

> 2533274847704400;16:
> > 2533274841519598;15:
> > Improved tracking would be a miracle, but I would be happy with just returning to normal functionality. I finally got my Skill rank in H3 to increase after all these years, and I really hope to become General by the Summer. I would love for that to be able to show up on my Waypoint before its shut down for good.
>
> How are you able to rank up in skill? My highest is a 24 in Lone Wolves and I wouldn’t mind increasing that to a 50

A LOT of waiting between matches. I returned as level 38 and it got progressively easier once I got to 40+ in lone wolves. Finding a match was the hardest part, came in the top half of 85% my matches once they actually matched. Still took months tho :confused:

If you ever get near the 40s lmk and I’d be glad to help you finish the marathon.

> 2533274841519598;17:
> > 2533274847704400;16:
> > > 2533274841519598;15:
> > > Improved tracking would be a miracle, but I would be happy with just returning to normal functionality. I finally got my Skill rank in H3 to increase after all these years, and I really hope to become General by the Summer. I would love for that to be able to show up on my Waypoint before its shut down for good.
> >
> > How are you able to rank up in skill? My highest is a 24 in Lone Wolves and I wouldn’t mind increasing that to a 50
>
> A LOT of waiting between matches. I returned as level 38 and it got progressively easier once I got to 40+ in lone wolves. Finding a match was the hardest part, came in the top half of 85% my matches once they actually matched. Still took months tho :confused:
>
> If you ever get near the 40s lmk and I’d be glad to help you finish the marathon.

Thanks man yeah I’ll be sure to hit you up. Once my grind in Halo Reach is done of course.

In Lone wolves do you need to be 1st to rank up or is it the top 3?

> 2533274847704400;18:
> > 2533274841519598;17:
> > > 2533274847704400;16:
> > > > 2533274841519598;15:
> > > > Improved tracking would be a miracle, but I would be happy with just returning to normal functionality. I finally got my Skill rank in H3 to increase after all these years, and I really hope to become General by the Summer. I would love for that to be able to show up on my Waypoint before its shut down for good.
> > >
> > > How are you able to rank up in skill? My highest is a 24 in Lone Wolves and I wouldn’t mind increasing that to a 50
> >
> > A LOT of waiting between matches. I returned as level 38 and it got progressively easier once I got to 40+ in lone wolves. Finding a match was the hardest part, came in the top half of 85% my matches once they actually matched. Still took months tho :confused:
> >
> > If you ever get near the 40s lmk and I’d be glad to help you finish the marathon.
>
> Thanks man yeah I’ll be sure to hit you up. Once my grind in Halo Reach is done of course.
>
> In Lone wolves do you need to be 1st to rank up or is it the top 3?

Just the top 3! I would never be rank 50 if it was all or nothing lol, I came in 1st for 20% of my matches at absolute best.

> 2533274841519598;19:
> > 2533274847704400;18:
> > > 2533274841519598;17:
> > > > 2533274847704400;16:
> > > > > 2533274841519598;15:
> > > > > Improved tracking would be a miracle, but I would be happy with just returning to normal functionality. I finally got my Skill rank in H3 to increase after all these years, and I really hope to become General by the Summer. I would love for that to be able to show up on my Waypoint before its shut down for good.
> > > >
> > > > How are you able to rank up in skill? My highest is a 24 in Lone Wolves and I wouldn’t mind increasing that to a 50
> > >
> > > A LOT of waiting between matches. I returned as level 38 and it got progressively easier once I got to 40+ in lone wolves. Finding a match was the hardest part, came in the top half of 85% my matches once they actually matched. Still took months tho :confused:
> > >
> > > If you ever get near the 40s lmk and I’d be glad to help you finish the marathon.
> >
> > Thanks man yeah I’ll be sure to hit you up. Once my grind in Halo Reach is done of course.
> >
> > In Lone wolves do you need to be 1st to rank up or is it the top 3?
>
> Just the top 3! I would never be rank 50 if it was all or nothing lol, I came in 1st for 20% of my matches at absolute best.

phew that’s a relief I guess… the real struggle will be finding matches