Please help settle an argument.

Hello fellow Halo Fans! KillaMOX here with a small problem. So my girlfriend and I are huge Halo fans and we’re playing the campaign. We got to the final cutscene on POA and I realized I haven’t shown her the hidden Spartan easter egg on the last cutscene. So I show it to her and she says “wow cool it’s MC.” I told her it’s not him but she insisted it was. I tried to explain that it wouldn’t fit canon but she wouldn’t listen. This is where you guys come in :D. If you know the truth, then please explain.

Thanks, KillaMOX

It IS Master Chief…See Halo Combat Evolved, the opening cut scene, and you will see that it is the Master Chief.

This was talked about in like 10,000 threads when Reach first came out, and makes an appearance every now and again, like now.

You-tube it, and show her she’s right…and learn not to argue with a woman…their always right, even when wrong.

> It IS Master Chief…See Halo Combat Evolved, the opening cut scene, and you will see that it is the Master Chief.
>
> This was talked about in like 10,000 threads when Reach first came out, and makes an appearance every now and again, like now.
>
> You-tube it, and show her she’s right…and learn not to argue with a woman…their always right, even when wrong.

But I thought that MC was on a different part of the planet when the Pillar of Autumn escaped.

> > It IS Master Chief…See Halo Combat Evolved, the opening cut scene, and you will see that it is the Master Chief.
> >
> > This was talked about in like 10,000 threads when Reach first came out, and makes an appearance every now and again, like now.
> >
> > You-tube it, and show her she’s right…and learn not to argue with a woman…their always right, even when wrong.
>
> But I thought that MC was on a different part of the planet when the Pillar of Autumn escaped.

No…He was in Cryo on the Pillar of Autumn, how else did he/would he get on the ship??

Now I’m just asking…Have you ever SEEN the opening scene to Halo:CE??? It’s the same as the ending cut-scene to PoA…You-Tube it.

> > > It IS Master Chief…See Halo Combat Evolved, the opening cut scene, and you will see that it is the Master Chief.
> > >
> > > This was talked about in like 10,000 threads when Reach first came out, and makes an appearance every now and again, like now.
> > >
> > > You-tube it, and show her she’s right…and learn not to argue with a woman…their always right, even when wrong.
> >
> > But I thought that MC was on a different part of the planet when the Pillar of Autumn escaped.
>
> No…He was in Cryo on the Pillar of Autumn, how else did he/would he get on the ship??
>
> Now I’m just asking…Have you ever SEEN the opening scene to Halo:CE??? It’s the same as the ending cut-scene to PoA…You-Tube it.

Lol of course I’ve seen it. Hmm ill look it up

> > It IS Master Chief…See Halo Combat Evolved, the opening cut scene, and you will see that it is the Master Chief.
> >
> > This was talked about in like 10,000 threads when Reach first came out, and makes an appearance every now and again, like now.
> >
> > You-tube it, and show her she’s right…and learn not to argue with a woman…their always right, even when wrong.
>
> But I thought that MC was on a different part of the planet when the Pillar of Autumn escaped.

No, he was on the Pillar of Autumn dude. Except thanks to Bungie’s retcon, the ship landed in Azod rather than leave for Halo and allowed Six/Emile to deliver the other half of Cortana.

Originally and IIRC, i believe the Chief (when going off the book Fall of Reach) just finished his assignment off Gamma station, arrived on the Pillar and soon did a random jump and found Halo, leading to the events of Combat Evolved. IMO, Reach was just shoehorned in the connection to CE by having the Pillar land before leaving but apparently it’s canon shrugs.

Ok I finally found it. It’s just an easter egg Bungle put in.Its completely not canon. Source

> Ok I finally found it. It’s just an easter egg Bungle put in.Its completely not canon. Source

NEVER use halo wiki as a source on these forums. you’ll be eaten alive.

but i do agree with you, though.

> > Ok I finally found it. It’s just an easter egg Bungle put in.Its completely not canon. Source
>
> NEVER use halo wiki as a source on these forums. you’ll be eaten alive.
>
> but i do agree with you, though.

…Uh oh

Better run… the last feeding was a week ago, so they’re pretty hungry.

> > > Ok I finally found it. It’s just an easter egg Bungle put in.Its completely not canon. Source
> >
> > NEVER use halo wiki as a source on these forums. you’ll be eaten alive.
> >
> > but i do agree with you, though.
>
> …Uh oh

Simple logic will show it’s not the Chief: the cryotube is in the wrong location. It’s an easter egg, but completely non-canon.

It is MC Bungie said so. Easter eggs don’t have to be canon.

> > > It IS Master Chief…See Halo Combat Evolved, the opening cut scene, and you will see that it is the Master Chief.
> > >
> > > This was talked about in like 10,000 threads when Reach first came out, and makes an appearance every now and again, like now.
> > >
> > > You-tube it, and show her she’s right…and learn not to argue with a woman…their always right, even when wrong.
> >
> > But I thought that MC was on a different part of the planet when the Pillar of Autumn escaped.
>
> No, he was on the Pillar of Autumn dude. Except thanks to Bungie’s retcon, the ship landed in Azod rather than leave for Halo and allowed Six/Emile to deliver the other half of Cortana.
>
>
> Originally and IIRC, i believe the Chief (when going off the book Fall of Reach) just finished his assignment off Gamma station, arrived on the Pillar and soon did a random jump and found Halo, leading to the events of Combat Evolved. IMO, Reach was just shoehorned in the connection to CE by having the Pillar land before leaving but apparently it’s canon shrugs.

Technically the jump was not “random” Cortana did jump there on purpose based on something she saw but it was random enough for the her to not be violating the Cole Protocol.

You’ve already resolved it, but yes it’s supposed to be Chief. It’s an easter-egg, so it’s not canon. (not that it matters because Reach effed up the canon pretty badly to begin with)

I understand that its not canon according to “fall of reach” but the games write the canon not the books, so that is MC.

Bungie would not put “Linda” in as an easteregg being that 1% of 1% of the community knows who linda is.

> It IS Master Chief…See Halo Combat Evolved, the opening cut scene, and you will see that it is the Master Chief.
>
> This was talked about in like 10,000 threads when Reach first came out, and makes an appearance every now and again, like now.
>
> You-tube it, and show her she’s right…and learn not to argue with a woman…their always right, even when wrong.

Sadly, this is true. Even if you are completely in the right. Have done No wrong What so ever…She will do her best to make you feel like CR@P!!! And it Almost Always Works!

Hence, even when you’re right and she’s wrong, she’s right! Shoot, even if she Admits to being wrong she’s right!

> It is MC Bungie said so. Easter eggs don’t have to be canon.

This.

And besides, Bungie obliterated the pre-existing cannon when they released Reach lol.

> >
> >
>
> Sadly, this is true. Even if you are completely in the right. Have done No wrong What so ever…She will do her best to make you feel like CR@P!!! And it Almost Always Works!
>
> Hence, even when you’re right and she’s wrong, she’s right! Shoot, even if she Admits to being wrong she’s right!

Lol your so right. I’m never gunna hear the end of this :confused:

THe book the Fall of Reach has been retconned into oblivion. Aspects of it are still canon, but the fact that PoA is both in the space battle and on-the-ground is not reconcilable so 343 has gone with the game over the book. MC WAS on PoA at the end of the game.

NOTE: Some have speculated you may actually be looking at Linda. If you go into the CryoStasis chambers, the one across from where MC wakes up has stats for Linda and they are all bordered in RED indicating she is near death. (Which is why they tubed her in the first place, to try and keep her “alive.”) This is actually found in the original Halo:CE as well, but the low graphics resolution makes it more difficult to make out.

> THe book the Fall of Reach has been retconned into oblivion. Aspects of it are still canon, but the fact that PoA is both in the space battle and on-the-ground is not reconcilable so 343 has gone with the game over the book. MC WAS on PoA at the end of the game.
>
> NOTE: Some have speculated you may actually be looking at Linda. If you go into the CryoStasis chambers, the one across from where MC wakes up has stats for Linda and they are all bordered in RED indicating she is near death. (Which is why they tubed her in the first place, to try and keep her “alive.”) This is actually found in the original Halo:CE as well, but the low graphics resolution makes it more difficult to make out.

That’s who I thought it was Linda. Can you see it better in Anniversary?