Please help me 343!

For the past one and a half months, I have been experiencing problems regarding Halo: Reach. Roughly, out of every five games, one takes me back to the dashboard with an error message saying “This disc is unreadable”. Longer matches (campaign missions, Invasion, Forge etc.) almost always result in the error, letting me play and enjoy only certain, shorter gametypes (which, as stated before, encounter the error roughly every one out of five games). Prior to getting this message, most of the in game sounds stop working (Commentator, countdowns, most weapon sounds, explosions etc.). This error also occurs while playing in the Noble and Defiant maps.

I thought that it must be my disc (I will admit it is a bit scratched), so I borrowed my friends working disc, installed it to my hardrive, returned it to him and continued playing with my disc. The problem did not go away, so I thought that the solution would be to buy another Reach. I did, but the problem did not go away. I have tried three discs, all of which have encountered the same problem. This makes me think that the problem is with my Xbox, but I don’t experience problems in any of my other games.

I don’t want to buy a new Xbox or send mine in to be repaired, because I simply can’t afford to. I have been putting up with this problem for a while now, and it is just becoming too much of an inconvenience. Please 343, if you have any suggestions as to how I might fix this problem, respond! Halo is by far my favourite hobby but this is really ruining my experience.

Try playing another game for a long period of time. It must be your Xbox360’s hardware, it’s not possible for it just to not work for Halo: Reach. Bumped so the community can try and diagnose your problem, I would certainly think its your Xbox360, though if it does come down to repairing, its better then not having to play at all your cherished game.

Sorry, that’s all I have at the moment. Hold on while I scour the internet to find you a solution!

Is it an older 360 or one of the newer slims?

> For the past one and a half months, I have been experiencing problems regarding Halo: Reach. Roughly, out of every five games, one takes me back to the dashboard with an error message saying “This disc is unreadable”. Longer matches (campaign missions, Invasion, Forge etc.) almost always result in the error, letting me play and enjoy only certain, shorter gametypes (which, as stated before, encounter the error roughly every one out of five games). Prior to getting this message, most of the in game sounds stop working (Commentator, countdowns, most weapon sounds, explosions etc.). This error also occurs while playing in the Noble and Defiant maps.
>
> I thought that it must be my disc (I will admit it is a bit scratched), so I borrowed my friends working disc, installed it to my hardrive, returned it to him and continued playing with my disc. The problem did not go away, so I thought that the solution would be to buy another Reach. I did, but the problem did not go away. I have tried three discs, all of which have encountered the same problem. This makes me think that the problem is with my Xbox, but I don’t experience problems in any of my other games.
>
> I don’t want to buy a new Xbox or send mine in to be repaired, because I simply can’t afford to. I have been putting up with this problem for a while now, and it is just becoming too much of an inconvenience. Please 343, if you have any suggestions as to how I might fix this problem, respond! Halo is by far my favourite hobby but this is really ruining my experience.

the less than worst comes to mind when i read this. i don’t believe it to be your xbox. take your disk into a well lit room, turn the light on, hold the disk up to the light reflective side to you. examine the whole disk whlie the reflective side is facing you. what you will be looking for is damage to the data. if the lable is damaged enough you will see light shine through the label and data coating like stars in the sky. make sure the very edges (inner and outer) are not damaged either. if your problem persists blog again. calling xbox would be a good idea too.

Unfortunately, whether the discs are scratched or you’re experiencing console issues, it’s not something we are able to provide assistance with. I know you don’t want to do this, but your best bet is contacting Xbox support.

I would try playing long games with your friends disc. If his is scratched as well, go out and rent it for a night. If it still shows problems, it may be your Xbox, in which case your best bet is to call Xbox Support :confused:

or, if none of those things work, you could just be like the rest of the internet and blame GameStop!

> Try playing another game for a long period of time. It must be your Xbox360’s hardware, it’s not possible for it just to not work for Halo: Reach. Bumped so the community can try and diagnose your problem, I would certainly think its your Xbox360, though if it does come down to repairing, its better then not having to play at all your cherished game.
>
> Sorry, that’s all I have at the moment. Hold on while I scour the internet to find you a solution!

Thanks for the bump.

> Unfortunately, whether the discs are scratched or you’re experiencing console issues, it’s not something we are able to provide assistance with. I know you don’t want to do this, but your best bet is contacting Xbox support.

You are right, that is definitely what I didn’t want to do.

> I would try playing long games with your friends disc. If his is scratched as well, go out and rent it for a night. If it still shows problems, it may be your Xbox, in which case your best bet is to call Xbox Support :confused:

I bought another disc and it still has the same problem.

Also, in response to the other post, I can’t even do that because there is not a Gamestop in Australia. :frowning:

Thanks for the help everyone, looks like I’ll be contacting Xbox support. :frowning:

If your suffering this problem ingame, maybe you could try installing the game, as it does not read the disc after the game starts.

> If your suffering this problem ingame, maybe you could try installing the game, as it does not read the disc after the game starts.

As mentioned in the OP, I did install it to my Xbox, but it didn’t solve the problem. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Looks like your gonna have to phone Xbox support.