Please get rid of Bungie's Forge World Maps.

Really, with constructive criticism, I can be blunt about this and say each and every single one of their Forge World maps suck. It seems more like they were going for aesthetics rather than actual use, and the maps still look pretty freaking ugly. Hell, I reconstructed one of their maps from scratch in about 1 hour. Another one in about 45 minutes.

I’ve seen some good maps and played on some great maps forged in Forge World. I mean they made Bungie’s Forge World maps look like a 10 year old made them. Why not incorporate those into the game and get rid of the ones made by Bungie? Like hold a contest or something? Because with all the changes that might happen in Halo Reach, Forge World maps made by Bungie need to go.

I personally want to see Wayont stay in, I love that map, however, Mt Lam Lam, no thank you.

I hate most of the Community maps. Most of them cater to LAVs such as Warthog, Mongoose, and Ghost and just about all of them feel like a Squad Slayer map.

Renegade is the only non-Bungie map that I like, it’s big and open, variety of weapons, and vehicles that fit the style of the map. More maps need to take advantage of vehicles such as the Scorpion and Banshee and give a open feeling that BTB battle maps need.

> Really, with constructive criticism, I can be blunt about this and say each and every single one of their Forge World maps suck. It seems more like they were going for aesthetics rather than actual use, and the maps still look pretty freaking ugly. Hell, I reconstructed one of their maps from scratch in about 1 hour. Another one in about 45 minutes.
>
> I’ve seen some good maps and played on some great maps forged in Forge World. I mean they made Bungie’s Forge World maps look like a 10 year old made them. Why not incorporate those into the game and get rid of the ones made by Bungie? Like hold a contest or something? Because with all the changes that might happen in Halo Reach, Forge World maps made by Bungie need to go.

The problem with your request, is that your whole viewpoint is your opinion.

Games don’t get changed on opinion.

My opinion is that the Reach maps are perfectly fine. They play well, they are well designed, I like them. But that also, is only an opinion.

The maps work. They aren’t broken/unplayable, you simply don’t like them. Just because you don’t like them, doesn’t mean that they need to be removed when there are many, many people who do like them.

If you don’t like them that much, don’t vote for them.

Simple.

I really don’t see it. Most of the forged maps on the disc are among my favorites. While they may not be forging miracles, Bungie had no intention of showing true forge talent. They simply made the maps, then cut them up into forge pieces. Most of these maps are remakes of H2 maps that everyone loved. While maps like pinnacle need a revamped spawn system, they play great.

i agree

Whereas some of you have intepreted the OP’s comments to mean “get rid of community maps”, I actually read his post properly and can see he’s only referring to Bungie-made Forge maps.

I therefore heartily agree with him, though my fix would be more like this: remove Asylum and replace it with Sanctum - a much more accurate remake of Sanctuary from Halo 2, which doesn’t suffer from the same framerate problems that Asylum does.

This latter point is a problem. It’s not just a case of “don’t vote for them if you don’t like them”. I actually don’t mind Asylum at all, but at the same time, it’s got some fairly critical flaws, which directly impact gameplay and functionality in a way that is unreasonable. These flaws are directly addressed in Overkill’s Sanctum, whilst gameplay is also enhanced in other areas to make the map feel much more like the great map that was Sanctuary.

In regards to other Bungie Forge-world creations, I’d happily bid farewell to Uncaged, Cliffhanger and Pinnacle.

In terms of community submissions which some consider ‘Bungie-made’ (made by Joeski), I’d also happily bid farewell to Atom. It is like some sort of joke without a punchline.

I would love to see a play list just for forged maps. i can’t stand the bad BTB maps put into the game.

Agree with OP!

> I personally want to see Wayont stay in, I love that map, however, Mt Lam Lam, no thank you.

One good thing about Wayont, please. Anything.

> > I personally want to see Wayont stay in, I love that map, however, Mt Lam Lam, no thank you.
>
> One good thing about Wayont, please. Anything.

If you know how to play it, it’s fun. Could use some changes in regards to adding some sort of features/buildings in the middle of the map and then adding Snipers once there is more cover. With the right team play Wayont is good.

They are okay but, you really do think " Wow it took some guy a few hours to make a whole “new” playlist " :confused: