Please fix the Twin Jewels of Maethrillian

This gun is so broken. And not in a good way - see the analytic video by Aozolai. (starting at minute 2:30)
The main problems are:

• Headshot hit registration broken. - Firing duration and time between shots is WAY too long. It should fire short powerful beams. - The damage against vehicles or overshields is terrible. The endgame (a L5 REQ) can take down a vehicle or Jorges Chaingun in 1 shot. Yet the TJoM can’t even come close. It needs to do WAY more damage.It’s sad because the Retina of the Mind’s eye is actually a pretty fun weapon to use, but the 3rd tier variant TJoM is trash/broken. 343 should just make the Twin Jewels exactly like the Retina, but with a big damage buff - like it does 3x the damage of the Retina, so it would be very powerful against vehicles, and be an anti-vehicle alternative to the spartan laser or H2 Delta (which is also good against vehicles).
    Currently the L5 Endgame is FAR better than the TJoM, both against vehicles and against spartans, yet it’s less rare and cheaper.

I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.

But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.

> 2533274906308237;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.
>
> But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.

No I make it a point not to watch these so called “analytical” videos posted here. I speak strictly from my gaming experience.

> 2533274816788253;4:
> > 2533274906308237;3:
> > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.
> >
> > But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.
>
> No I make it a point not to watch these so called “analytical” videos posted here. I speak strictly from my gaming experience.

Ummmm… okay. Feel free to stick your head in the sand. But if you’d taken the time to actually watch the video and be fully informed before posting, you’d notice that it shows exactly why the TJoM feels so weak. It’s because no damage registers when you hit the head, only the body.

And Aozolai is probably the most respected source for H5 weapon analysis, not some hack.

> 2533274906308237;5:
> > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > 2533274906308237;3:
> > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.
> > >
> > > But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.
> >
> > No I make it a point not to watch these so called “analytical” videos posted here. I speak strictly from my gaming experience.
>
> Ummmm… okay. Feel free to stick your head in the sand. But if you’d taken the time to actually watch the video and be fully informed before posting, you’d notice that it shows exactly why the TJoM feels so weak. It’s because no damage registers when you hit the head, only the body.
>
> And Aozolai is probably the most respected source for H5 weapon analysis, not some hack.

Never heard of them and no speaking from you own gaming experience isn’t “head in the sand”. Because of 343s wonky servers not every one’s gaming experience is going to be the same, especially when it comes to weapons hit registration. I have no problems killing with the twin jewels. But I agree it could use a buff in power especially against vehicles.

There are a lot of useless reqs in the game. I just sell any req I don’t use or know are useless. Talon of the Lost and Pool of Radiance are more examples of this. They are supposed to be the highest tier in their weapons class but they just aren’t very good

It certainly isn’t useless against a phaeton but it’s bad at everything else

The Twin Jewels really does need a tweak / buff in its current standing. For a Legendary REQ whose cost is equal to that of the Nornfang, it’s quite disappointing. Better off using the other Binary Rifles or even the Sentinel Beam.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2533274906308237;5:
> > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > 2533274906308237;3:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.
> > > >
> > > > But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.
> > >
> > > No I make it a point not to watch these so called “analytical” videos posted here. I speak strictly from my gaming experience.
> >
> > Ummmm… okay. Feel free to stick your head in the sand. But if you’d taken the time to actually watch the video and be fully informed before posting, you’d notice that it shows exactly why the TJoM feels so weak. It’s because no damage registers when you hit the head, only the body.
> >
> > And Aozolai is probably the most respected source for H5 weapon analysis, not some hack.
>
> Never heard of them and no speaking from you own gaming experience isn’t “head in the sand”. Because of 343s wonky servers not every one’s gaming experience is going to be the same, especially when it comes to weapons hit registration. I have no problems killing with the twin jewels. But I agree it could use a buff in power especially against vehicles.

I understand if you don’t enjoy the youtube links or analysis videos. However, Azololai does his tests in a controlled and measured enviroment in custom games. Time to to kill, red reticle range, special features of each weapon and more have been covered for pretty much every weapon now on his channel. And now as a first, he couldn’t get any data on the twin jewels headshot - Taken at different distances and angles, even 5m away front, back and side shots. NONE register a headshot. It’s clearly a bug, though many in the comments argued its because the beam splits in two and misses the head. But why should i grab one from a req station with such a massive deterrent behind it? In Halo - Headshots are king.

> 2533274810821259;10:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > 2533274906308237;5:
> > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > 2533274906308237;3:
> > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.
> > > > >
> > > > > But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.
> > > >
> > > > No I make it a point not to watch these so called “analytical” videos posted here. I speak strictly from my gaming experience.
> > >
> > > Ummmm… okay. Feel free to stick your head in the sand. But if you’d taken the time to actually watch the video and be fully informed before posting, you’d notice that it shows exactly why the TJoM feels so weak. It’s because no damage registers when you hit the head, only the body.
> > >
> > > And Aozolai is probably the most respected source for H5 weapon analysis, not some hack.
> >
> > Never heard of them and no speaking from you own gaming experience isn’t “head in the sand”. Because of 343s wonky servers not every one’s gaming experience is going to be the same, especially when it comes to weapons hit registration. I have no problems killing with the twin jewels. But I agree it could use a buff in power especially against vehicles.
>
> I understand if you don’t enjoy the youtube links or analysis videos. However, Azololai does his tests in a controlled and measured enviroment in custom games. Time to to kill, red reticle range, special features of each weapon and more have been covered for pretty much every weapon now on his channel. And now as a first, he couldn’t get any data on the twin jewels headshot - Taken at different distances and angles, even 5m away front, back and side shots. NONE register a headshot. It’s clearly a bug, though many in the comments argued its because the beam splits in two and misses the head. But why should i grab one from a req station with such a massive deterrent behind it? In Halo - Headshots are king.

Not every weapon is a “head shot” weapon. The twin jewels description talk about it’s anti armor capabilities. To me that says don’t worry about head shots.

> 2533274816788253;11:
> > 2533274810821259;10:
> > > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > > 2533274906308237;5:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > > 2533274906308237;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > > I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.
> > > > >
> > > > > No I make it a point not to watch these so called “analytical” videos posted here. I speak strictly from my gaming experience.
> > > >
> > > > Ummmm… okay. Feel free to stick your head in the sand. But if you’d taken the time to actually watch the video and be fully informed before posting, you’d notice that it shows exactly why the TJoM feels so weak. It’s because no damage registers when you hit the head, only the body.
> > > >
> > > > And Aozolai is probably the most respected source for H5 weapon analysis, not some hack.
> > >
> > > Never heard of them and no speaking from you own gaming experience isn’t “head in the sand”. Because of 343s wonky servers not every one’s gaming experience is going to be the same, especially when it comes to weapons hit registration. I have no problems killing with the twin jewels. But I agree it could use a buff in power especially against vehicles.
> >
> > I understand if you don’t enjoy the youtube links or analysis videos. However, Azololai does his tests in a controlled and measured enviroment in custom games. Time to to kill, red reticle range, special features of each weapon and more have been covered for pretty much every weapon now on his channel. And now as a first, he couldn’t get any data on the twin jewels headshot - Taken at different distances and angles, even 5m away front, back and side shots. NONE register a headshot. It’s clearly a bug, though many in the comments argued its because the beam splits in two and misses the head. But why should i grab one from a req station with such a massive deterrent behind it? In Halo - Headshots are king.
>
> Not every weapon is a “head shot” weapon. The twin jewels description talk about it’s anti armor capabilities. To me that says don’t worry about head shots.

Yeah… I guess so. The binary rifle isn’t really a sniper.

Binary Rifles vs Infantry - Alot of vertical recoil so its always smarter to go for a body shot. But if you’re unlucky enough to hit a headshot and it does 0% damage to your enemy i find that a little ridiculous. Thats the point im trying to make. The two other lower req binary rifles have headshot hit zones.

Versus Vehicles - I’d agree with you that it needs a damage buff to be valid against vehicles. Spartan lasers and Rockets, even Hydras are far more efficient at a much lower REQ cost. It’s just simply not worth using.

> 2533274810821259;12:
> > 2533274816788253;11:
> > > 2533274810821259;10:
> > > > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > > > 2533274906308237;5:
> > > > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274906308237;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > > > I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > No I make it a point not to watch these so called “analytical” videos posted here. I speak strictly from my gaming experience.
> > > > >
> > > > > Ummmm… okay. Feel free to stick your head in the sand. But if you’d taken the time to actually watch the video and be fully informed before posting, you’d notice that it shows exactly why the TJoM feels so weak. It’s because no damage registers when you hit the head, only the body.
> > > > >
> > > > > And Aozolai is probably the most respected source for H5 weapon analysis, not some hack.
> > > >
> > > > Never heard of them and no speaking from you own gaming experience isn’t “head in the sand”. Because of 343s wonky servers not every one’s gaming experience is going to be the same, especially when it comes to weapons hit registration. I have no problems killing with the twin jewels. But I agree it could use a buff in power especially against vehicles.
> > >
> > > I understand if you don’t enjoy the youtube links or analysis videos. However, Azololai does his tests in a controlled and measured enviroment in custom games. Time to to kill, red reticle range, special features of each weapon and more have been covered for pretty much every weapon now on his channel. And now as a first, he couldn’t get any data on the twin jewels headshot - Taken at different distances and angles, even 5m away front, back and side shots. NONE register a headshot. It’s clearly a bug, though many in the comments argued its because the beam splits in two and misses the head. But why should i grab one from a req station with such a massive deterrent behind it? In Halo - Headshots are king.
> >
> > Not every weapon is a “head shot” weapon. The twin jewels description talk about it’s anti armor capabilities. To me that says don’t worry about head shots.
>
> Yeah… I guess so. The binary rifle isn’t really a sniper.
>
> Binary Rifles vs Infantry - Alot of vertical recoil so its always smarter to go for a body shot. But if you’re unlucky enough to hit a headshot and it does 0% damage to your enemy i find that a little ridiculous. Thats the point im trying to make. The two other lower req binary rifles have headshot hit zones.
>
> Versus Vehicles - I’d agree with you that it needs a damage buff to be valid against vehicles. Spartan lasers and Rockets, even Hydras are far more efficient at a much lower REQ cost. It’s just simply not worth using.

That is why a simple buff in power should solve both problems. It would kill Spartans faster eliminating the need for a head shot multiplier and it should do more damage to vehicles.

As cool as Binary Rifles may be, they’re nothing more than oversized Sentinel Beams with scopes.

One of my least used weapons.

> 2533274816788253;13:
> > 2533274810821259;12:
> > > 2533274816788253;11:
> > > > 2533274810821259;10:
> > > > > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > > > > 2533274906308237;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274816788253;4:
> > > > > > > > 2533274906308237;3:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274816788253;2:
> > > > > > > > > I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > But did you see the Aozolai video? Headshots LITERALLY do not register. I know they have tweaked this gun, I’m assuming this must be an un-noticed bug.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > No I make it a point not to watch these so called “analytical” videos posted here. I speak strictly from my gaming experience.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Ummmm… okay. Feel free to stick your head in the sand. But if you’d taken the time to actually watch the video and be fully informed before posting, you’d notice that it shows exactly why the TJoM feels so weak. It’s because no damage registers when you hit the head, only the body.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And Aozolai is probably the most respected source for H5 weapon analysis, not some hack.
> > > > >
> > > > > Never heard of them and no speaking from you own gaming experience isn’t “head in the sand”. Because of 343s wonky servers not every one’s gaming experience is going to be the same, especially when it comes to weapons hit registration. I have no problems killing with the twin jewels. But I agree it could use a buff in power especially against vehicles.
> > > >
> > > > I understand if you don’t enjoy the youtube links or analysis videos. However, Azololai does his tests in a controlled and measured enviroment in custom games. Time to to kill, red reticle range, special features of each weapon and more have been covered for pretty much every weapon now on his channel. And now as a first, he couldn’t get any data on the twin jewels headshot - Taken at different distances and angles, even 5m away front, back and side shots. NONE register a headshot. It’s clearly a bug, though many in the comments argued its because the beam splits in two and misses the head. But why should i grab one from a req station with such a massive deterrent behind it? In Halo - Headshots are king.
> > >
> > > Not every weapon is a “head shot” weapon. The twin jewels description talk about it’s anti armor capabilities. To me that says don’t worry about head shots.
> >
> > Yeah… I guess so. The binary rifle isn’t really a sniper.
> >
> > Binary Rifles vs Infantry - Alot of vertical recoil so its always smarter to go for a body shot. But if you’re unlucky enough to hit a headshot and it does 0% damage to your enemy i find that a little ridiculous. Thats the point im trying to make. The two other lower req binary rifles have headshot hit zones.
> >
> > Versus Vehicles - I’d agree with you that it needs a damage buff to be valid against vehicles. Spartan lasers and Rockets, even Hydras are far more efficient at a much lower REQ cost. It’s just simply not worth using.
>
> That is why a simple buff in power should solve both problems. It would kill Spartans faster eliminating the need for a head shot multiplier and it should do more damage to vehicles.

I agree that a substantial damage buff would go a long way. I’d also like them to check for a headshot bug. The video shows that it actually registers LESS damage to the head, than to the body. That’s just insane and can’t be intentional.

It needs to be fixed and buffed.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I wouldn’t use the word broken here but it could use a damage boost IMO.

No, the weapon is legitimately flawed. Just because you don’t feel it broken doesn’t mean it isn’t.

TJoM simply goes through the player’s head instead of dealing damage, and only a couple of ticks actually register.

The fun part is? Headshots work from the side of the head. So either it is a headshot weapon or it isn’t a headshot weapon.

It doesn’t need a damage boost because it could already take down vehicles quite fast (for a Sniper), it just needs to fix what’s broken.