Please fix the CQB helmet.

My favorite helmet in the Classic Helmet REQ Pack- CQB- looks practically unfinished. The default skin looks off; except for those little bitty stripes on the top, it’s all one color, and that’s not how it looked in Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. The cheeks are supposed to be black and not the same color as the rest of the helmet, and the secondary color is supposed to be applied to the brim… not those little stripes on the crest.

IMO, the brim should also have that dark shader applied to it- the same as the secondary color on Noble armor (it is the CQB variant from Reach, after all).

Think I’m being picky? They are charging 150,000 REQ points for this pack, and my favorite helmet from previous games looks pretty ‘meh’.

I wish they used the 3rd attachment on it (The CQB Attachment you get for Completing Reach on Legendary Solo). It really stood out to me at looked pretty good. If Gen 1 Recon has the pre-order attachment, why can’t CQB?
But I agree that the colors are messed up.

How about you wait for the actual helmet to release before making judgements? The picture was posted in December. They may have made changes since then. You never know.

The helmets haven’t even come out yet so be patient and don’t get your nickers in a twist.

Let’s wait and see.

> 2535416253603787;2:
> I wish they used the 3rd attachment on it (The CQB Attachment you get for Completing Reach on Legendary Solo). It really stood out to me at looked pretty good. If Gen 1 Recon has the pre-order attachment, why can’t CQB?
> But I agree that the colors are messed up.

I always used the 2nd attachment on it, the one you get for beating Halo: Reach’s campaign on Heroic. It’d be nice if they could add both.

> 2535454513695654;3:
> How about you wait for the actual helmet to release before making judgements? The picture was posted in December. They may have made changes since then. You never know.

Every screenshot of the CQB helmet they’ve posted since then shows no change between the reveal in Monitor’s Bounty and the final release, which is less than two days away. They haven’t made any changes.

> 2535454513695654;3:
> How about you wait for the actual helmet to release before making judgements? The picture was posted in December. They may have made changes since then. You never know.

You can also preview the helmets in the Spartan customization here on Waypoint.

> 2533274834952794;1:
> My favorite helmet in the Classic Helmet REQ Pack- CQB- looks practically unfinished. The default skin looks off; except for those little bitty stripes on the top, it’s all one color, and that’s not how it looked in Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. The cheeks are supposed to be black and not the same color as the rest of the helmet, and the secondary color is supposed to be applied to the brim… not those little stripes on the crest.
>
> IMO, the brim should also have that dark shader applied to it- the same as the secondary color on Noble armor (it is the CQB variant from Reach, after all).
>
> Think I’m being picky? They are charging 150,000 REQ points for this pack, and my favorite helmet from previous games looks pretty ‘meh’.

Based on…
Waypoint preview.
Leaked video of unfinished helmets (youtube)
^Theese 2 are unfinished renders^
Or the screenshot they posted on twitter?

I kinda feel the same way about Pilot. The UA version is meh imo.

> 2533274983213185;9:
> > 2533274834952794;1:
> > My favorite helmet in the Classic Helmet REQ Pack- CQB- looks practically unfinished. The default skin looks off; except for those little bitty stripes on the top, it’s all one color, and that’s not how it looked in Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. The cheeks are supposed to be black and not the same color as the rest of the helmet, and the secondary color is supposed to be applied to the brim… not those little stripes on the crest.
> >
> > IMO, the brim should also have that dark shader applied to it- the same as the secondary color on Noble armor (it is the CQB variant from Reach, after all).
> >
> > Think I’m being picky? They are charging 150,000 REQ points for this pack, and my favorite helmet from previous games looks pretty ‘meh’.
>
> Based on…
> Waypoint preview.
> Leaked video of unfinished helmets (youtube)
> ^Theese 2 are unfinished renders^
> Or the screenshot they posted on twitter?

Mostly based on the screenshot they posted on Twitter, which is the exact same skin as the 2 “unfinished” renders you mentioned.

The new helms all looked heavily based off the Reach chassis’, not Halo3.

The MkV is bit special in that it uses the Reach chassis but mashes up CE, H3 & H4 accents in ways that make it much better than the Alpha.

> 2603643534597848;12:
> The new helms all looked heavily based off the Reach chassis’, not Halo3.
>
> The MkV is bit special in that it uses the Reach chassis but mashes up CE, H3 & H4 accents in ways that make it much better than the Alpha.

In my eyes, the Alpha looks like a hamburger, an ugly one at that. It’s too rounded, too squat, and it looks like a mess.

> 2533274834952794;11:
> > 2533274983213185;9:
> > > 2533274834952794;1:
> > > My favorite helmet in the Classic Helmet REQ Pack- CQB- looks practically unfinished. The default skin looks off; except for those little bitty stripes on the top, it’s all one color, and that’s not how it looked in Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. The cheeks are supposed to be black and not the same color as the rest of the helmet, and the secondary color is supposed to be applied to the brim… not those little stripes on the crest.
> > >
> > > IMO, the brim should also have that dark shader applied to it- the same as the secondary color on Noble armor (it is the CQB variant from Reach, after all).
> > >
> > > Think I’m being picky? They are charging 150,000 REQ points for this pack, and my favorite helmet from previous games looks pretty ‘meh’.
> >
> > Based on…
> > Waypoint preview.
> > Leaked video of unfinished helmets (youtube)
> > ^Theese 2 are unfinished renders^
> > Or the screenshot they posted on twitter?
>
> Mostly based on the screenshot they posted on Twitter, which is the exact same skin as the 2 “unfinished” renders you mentioned.

The waypoint preview and leaked youtube versions have no black anywhere.

The twitter pick does have black.

Just not the halo 3 way, like I want.

I noticed Uny was rocking it the other day and it looked pretty swish!

> 2603643534597848;12:
>
> The MkV is bit special in that it uses the Reach chassis but mashes up CE, H3 & H4 accents in ways that make it much better than the Alpha.

Oh yeah, definitely.
TBH, I wanted Recon H3 version, but I still like the Reach version too, already saw it on Unyshek, looks so badass.

> 2535454513695654;3:

OP is justified with their remarks due to the fact there are pictures of the finished CQB helmet. The latest picture was on Jan 31st by 343 themselves. https://twitter.com/Halo/status/826477481532157953

> 2533274824216729;17:
> > 2535454513695654;3:
> > How about you wait for the actual helmet to release before making judgements? The picture was posted in December. They may have made changes since then. You never know.
>
> OP is justified with their remarks due to the fact there are pictures of the finished CQB helmet. The latest picture was on Jan 31st by 343 themselves. https://twitter.com/Halo/status/826477481532157953

Exactly. What is the likelihood that the helmet has changed from what is shown in that screenshot in the last 7 days?

> 2603643534597848;12:
>

What exactly is your point? The CQB helmet had more or less the same look in both games; the only difference is that in Halo: Reach, it doesn’t have the black trim on the top. But the rest of the helmet is the same in Reach, including how Primary and Secondary colors are applied.

Paint it the like halo 3 version.
Like this.

Easiest way to please all the fans.
Make a classic, and a 343 version.