Please fix "retrieving data"

It really sucks when you play a few games and all of a sudden you see everyone with default emblems, your req points won’t show up, and you can’t use reqs mid warzone match and you’re stuck with the AR and pistol all game. Like everything works fine and then you get issues while other people don’t, and the only way to fix it is to restart the game.

Yes! Happened to me tonight, I have to reset my xbox every time I play Halo 5 now

> 2533274812303481;1:
> It really sucks when you play a few games and all of a sudden you see everyone with default emblems, your req points won’t show up, and you can’t use reqs mid warzone match and you’re stuck with the AR and pistol all game. Like everything works fine and then you get issues while other people don’t, and the only way to fix it is to restart the game.

Ya what is up with that? Happens to me a lot.

Yeah I’ve posted about this everywhere I can and have no answer to it. And it gets really annoying when people say well all you have to do is quite out of halo and hard restart your xbox. It happens like every other day.

I just read one post about how annoyed everyone is that 343I is so silent to the community about all these issues. And they talk to people more on reddit than waypoint

> 2535452716336366;4:
> Yeah I’ve posted about this everywhere I can and have no answer to it. And it gets really annoying when people say well all you have to do is quite out of halo and hard restart your xbox. It happens like every other day.
>
> I just read one post about how annoyed everyone is that 343I is so silent to the community about all these issues. And they talk to people more on reddit than waypoint

We really shouldn’t have to restart the game or turn off our Xbox to fix one of their issues. Hopefully they’re at least aware of it, even if they’re not saying anything back.

You’ve got my signature, bro.
This is a very irritating problem and it makes their system feel cheap and amateurish, that something so straightforward could fall apart so miserably.

And is anybody else really bothered by how consistently slow, laggy, and sometimes unresponsive the in-game REQ selection menu is? I know exactly what buttons I need to push and where to scroll so I can equip the things I need quickly and before my respawn timer is finished, but the system just can’t keep up in the slightest. There’s nothing graphically complex about it and memory CAN’T be an issue (and if it is, then it’s due to incompetence). And the organization for loadout weapons is horrid as well! Why do I have to scroll past twelve different BRs in order to find and select my Sentinel Kinetic BR? God forbid I try to navigate that mess at REQ 5. If the menu were responsive, you should be able to pick BR > which scope > and then the proper variant without having to sift through every version of every base weapon every single time.

Agreed. This happens to me at some point during every play session, and it lasts for the remainder. It really sucks on Halo night, where while I’m not in charge, I do do all of the research on the maps and gametypes, and then we have to have the leader go in and grab all of the maps from MY file share, save them, and then use them. Its just annoying.

I just had to restart the game after this occurred too.

This is something that is now permanent for me. I’ve hard reset my xbox and everything. It just keeps saying “retrieving data” on everything, arena, warzone, I even can’t access the req store. It’s ridiculous and makes me not want to play the game anymore. As much as I love Halo, this has just made the game not enjoyable for me.

Along with the glitch where you may be able to access the store and collection but as soon as you join a warzone game there’s a chance that you won’t be able to acess your reqs

> 2533274812303481;1:
> It really sucks when you play a few games and all of a sudden you see everyone with default emblems, your req points won’t show up, and you can’t use reqs mid warzone match and you’re stuck with the AR and pistol all game. Like everything works fine and then you get issues while other people don’t, and the only way to fix it is to restart the game.

They are working on it but until fixed it is extremely frustrating especially when you take a chance and use that legendary boost only to have to play out the warzone with standard issue gear Ugh!.

Yeah agreed OP, I can understand why it happens but it is frustrating that there is no notice of it happening until you get into game.
REQ’s will work, Changing armor/General Cosmetics will work, yet jump into game and starts to retrieve data.
I’ve had game where at least half of my team had retrieving data, so that kinda throws the whole ‘It’s only a certain person’ argument out the window.

It does prevent me from using REQ’s though, which causes me to go all ‘Halo: Scavenger Evolved’ on everyone, just running for random BR’s and whatever I can find on the floor lol

I have had this happen on so many different occasions. After the game it puts me into another game, and will not let me quit before the match starts. So I have to play another round, because I refuse to quit during a game. On one occasion I almost peed my self.

Any commendations you get during the match will not count either.

> 2533274812303481;1:

Super annoying! This happens to me every once in awhile.

I’ve been having this issue as well. I think it is show related to the XBL account issues that have been happening over the last couple of weeks. H5 is trying to retrieve your profile but it can’t, hence no REQs. I logged out of XBL and logged back in and it seemed to get fixed.

guys just load up another game like master chief collection start a mission then exit out of it pull halo 5 up it should fix the problem

I am STILL HAVING THIS ISSUE! Every single time without exception when I start Halo 5. I get REQ SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. I have to go in xbox settings test MP connection back out then it works.

> 2533274825101441;18:
> I am STILL HAVING THIS ISSUE! Every single time without exception when I start Halo 5. I get REQ SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. I have to go in xbox settings test MP connection back out then it works.

This is an old thread, but you’ll find that the first minute or two of loading H5 up you cannot access the REQ store / collection. I consider this normal…that is to say it’s done it ever since I started playing it. After a minute or two you’ll be able to see them, you shouldn’t need to exit and test connections.

> 2533274895085769;19:
> > 2533274825101441;18:
> > I am STILL HAVING THIS ISSUE! Every single time without exception when I start Halo 5. I get REQ SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. I have to go in xbox settings test MP connection back out then it works.
>
>
> This is an old thread, but you’ll find that the first minute or two of loading H5 up you cannot access the REQ store / collection. I consider this normal…that is to say it’s done it ever since I started playing it. After a minute or two you’ll be able to see them, you shouldn’t need to exit and test connections.

NO , Its not “Loading”. Yes, ITs an old thread. But I did not revive it. IT says Retrieving data , but it never loads I can sit there for 30 minutes and either it simply won’t load or I get a message that REQ service is un available.