Please fix Battle of Noctus!

What happend to my favourite map? It is ruined imo. Its unplayable with insane amount of AI’s that spawn all over the map and constantly shoot you.

1. There are constantly banshees above the monument.

2. The mantis boss that spawns in front of the homebase snipes you across the map and especially (air)vehicles.

3. WHY THE HELL does the last mythic boss spawn IN the monument? Cause if thats the only base you have, theres no way you can get in there, since the enemys are just all around you waiting to pick you off, and if you spawn at home base, the Mantis boss is there.

Please 343 I hope you see this topic and fix it in the next update, cause Battle of Noctus just went from my favourite map to my least favourite one.

What are your thoughts on this?

Absolutely.

The worst part about the update however is that the mythic/legendary bosses have been made so difficult that people don’t even kill them unless it be completely mandatory for a comeback to take place. I’ve played many entires matched on battle of noctus in which the mantis stay up the entire match because they’re so hard to kill and no one wants to be bothered with them. Especially since they can recover health so quickly. A mantis should not be able to recover health. Its a vehicle, it shouldn’t be able to regenerate health. Armor regeneration cool, but not health. Its makes them just not worth the effort.

> 2533274869291294;1:
> What happend to my favourite map? It is ruined imo. Its unplayable with insane amount of AI’s that spawn all over the map and constantly shoot you.
>
> 1. There are constantly banshees above the monument.
>
> 2. The mantis boss that spawns in front of the homebase snipes you across the map and especially (air)vehicles.
>
> 3. WHY THE HELL does the last mythic boss spawn IN the monument? Cause if thats the only base you have, theres no way you can get in there, since the enemys are just all around you waiting to pick you off, and if you spawn at home base, the Mantis boss is there.
>
> Please 343 I hope you see this topic and fix it in the next update, cause Battle of Noctus just went from my favourite map to my least favourite one.
>
> What are your thoughts on this?

The second two of those are problems. I do enjoy going into the monument when it is enemy occupied and just killing the guys going after the boss though. You run around with a bayonet and advanced sensors and it takes them forever to realize what you’re up to.

Well said OP. Noctus is especially messed up now. The worst is that boss that spawns in the monument.

It sucks cause I play WZFF, get so frustrated with how poorly that mode performs, and then go to Warzone when I want to blow off some steam. Then I experience all these problems they added into Warzone. I feel like it is so much harder to enjoy this game now

I haven’t actively gone after a boss since the update. Don’t get me wrong, if the opportunity presents itself, I will go after it, but I do not go out of my way anymore. There are too many.

Glad to see that most people agree, and yes the bosses are made too strong, so people rather just avoid them then killing them.

> 2533274875982754;5:
> I haven’t actively gone after a boss since the update. Don’t get me wrong, if the opportunity presents itself, I will go after it, but I do not go out of my way anymore. There are too many.

It isn’t really that there are too many of them, but that they don’t seem worth the trouble. Is it worth the 100 points if it takes your team 5 or 6 minutes to kill the goblin or the mantis? I like that they are mostly random now so I can’t wait till the clock hits 3 minutes spawn a ghost, kill two bosses, get to the spot where the next boss spawns kill one more, then rush and kill steal the fourth. Some of the placements are awkward (in the middle base, in the cave next to red base on apex) and the buffs some of them got mean you pretty much have to go in specifically to kill that boss. I think this is the reason that some bosses (the goblins, mantises, and wardens) aren’t even bothered with a lot now.

I will spawn a power weapon for a mythic or legendary boss as it is about to go down, but other than that I don’t touch the bullet sponges anymore.

I agree that Mantis’ regaining health is dumb, and if legendary/mythic bosses spawn inside bases, it makes it incredibly difficult (but not impossible) to get a takedown. The first time I played Noctus after the update I was definitely thrown off, since you were used to playing it one way for so long. I don’t think it needs to be fixed as a whole, it is good we have variety now. Just little tweaks.

No I do not agree…

I think a lot of people forget a large part of the players are not active on the forum.
Honestly BoN has become WAY more varied than before, now a team can’t simply lockdown the middle base because of the boss.
This is good, the map was SO stale before, now things are getting shaken up a bit, and it allows for players to make plays happen more now than before

I agree with Blazin SunBurst. The map was getting boring. All I had to do, is spawn in a Sniper Rifle, and camp on top of the Monument with Upgraded Shields. Now, there are Banshee Raiders that can kill me on top of the monument, so I need to move around more. And plus, if it weren’t for the bosses that spawn in the Monument. I could stay in the base and get an Unfriggenbelievable with how many Sniper Rifles I have. And also, the Mantises just need to be taken out. Is it so hard, and not rewarding to kill one of them?

> 2535438437962691;11:
> I agree with Blazin SunBurst. The map was getting boring. All I had to do, is spawn in a Sniper Rifle, and camp on top of the Monument with Upgraded Shields. Now, there are Banshee Raiders that can kill me on top of the monument, so I need to move around more. And plus, if it weren’t for the bosses that spawn in the Monument. I could stay in the base and get an Unfriggenbelievable with how many Sniper Rifles I have. And also, the Mantises just need to be taken out. Is it so hard, and not rewarding to kill one of them?

Thats not the flaws of the map, its the flaws of matchmaking or the other teams skill. Cause you would never get an unfrig if you are playing a team thats equal to your team, even if you had 100 snipers. And noctus was actually a good map, cause your homebase was in the middle of the three bases, so you could always go for the other base if you had just one base. Or keep rushing monument and not let them spawn trap you in your armory. Now most of the points ive stated above are not possible because of the AI’s.

The best games I played in warzone are on noctus. Too bad its ruined now.

Noctus was definitely the most experimental map I pushed out with the update and wanted to see how people reacted.

It was a difficult map to refresh due to the nature of the map and some areas for AI not having great places to fight without being sniped from everywhere. The Monument was the only central protected space on the map which gave me the idea to try two different things. The first was spawning a Mantis Boss in front of each home base. This separates the action and gives each team a good equal chance to get a Legendary take down, but also provides some strategy to try and steal the other team’s boss. The second idea was spawning a Mythic boss in the Monument for the grand finale. The goal for this was to disrupt the team holding the Monument and provide a different fight for holding the Monument.

I’m looking at feedback where ever I can and am listening to both sides of it.

I definitely have to agree with the OP.

Noctus was a map i was always looking forward to play, it was always fun and it was imo the most balanced one or at least thats what i always thought. Imo noctus before the boss refresh was perfect, good for vehicular combat, good for infantry combat and even the bosses were nicely placed around the map.

But now… now i feel like dashboarding everytime noctus pops up just because it has become super boring, it feels more like im playing firefight than actual warzone. There are waaaaaaaay too many AI’s on the map and they are way too strong, its gotten to the point where in some matches the AI’s put up a better fight than the enemy players itself and thats a huge issue. I wanna play warzone a 12v12 playlist with a couple of bosses mixed in to spice things up a little and not Firefight. If i wanted to play against tons of bosses then i would be playing Firefight. All i have found effective on noctus now after the boss refresh is camping in or just a little bit outside of monument with a sentinel weapon and a sniper in my backpack. I never used to play like this but running out on noctus is suicide now. Also air vehicles are completely useless because of the 10 million bosses shooting you.

Also who thought it was a great idea to give the soldiers that come with the knight boss on noctus hydra launchers? They obliterate air vehicles and snipe spartans across the map. I used to kill bosses a little here and there before the refresh but now? hell no im not putting up with the bullet sponges anymore. Just change it back to how it was before the refresh and add your new fancy bosses, but please balance them.

> 2533274825821963;13:
> Noctus was definitely the most experimental map I pushed out with the update and wanted to see how people reacted.
>
> It was a difficult map to refresh due to the nature of the map and some areas for AI not having great places to fight without being sniped from everywhere. The Monument was the only central protected space on the map which gave me the idea to try two different things. The first was spawning a Mantis Boss in front of each home base. This separates the action and gives each team a good equal chance to get a Legendary take down, but also provides some strategy to try and steal the other team’s boss. The second idea was spawning a Mythic boss in the Monument for the grand finale. The goal for this was to disrupt the team holding the Monument and provide a different fight for holding the Monument.
>
> I’m looking at feedback where ever I can and am listening to both sides of it.

Thanks for speaking up. The most frustrating thing for me are the monument spawns, when the boss is there. One is instantly killed.

> 2533274825821963;13:
> Noctus was definitely the most experimental map I pushed out with the update and wanted to see how people reacted.
>
> It was a difficult map to refresh due to the nature of the map and some areas for AI not having great places to fight without being sniped from everywhere. The Monument was the only central protected space on the map which gave me the idea to try two different things. The first was spawning a Mantis Boss in front of each home base. This separates the action and gives each team a good equal chance to get a Legendary take down, but also provides some strategy to try and steal the other team’s boss. The second idea was spawning a Mythic boss in the Monument for the grand finale. The goal for this was to disrupt the team holding the Monument and provide a different fight for holding the Monument.
>
> I’m looking at feedback where ever I can and am listening to both sides of it.

For me Noctus was one of the best maps with Apex, but it became impossible to play on it; The Mantis are just too strong and they have health regeneration ! Why ? I can understand that their shield will go up if nobody is firing at them but your team takes a quarter of its life and then it is full life.
The idea of the boss in the Monument is not bad, but it is incredibly difficult for the opponent team to go inside and have a fair chance to kill the boss. The Warden Eternal in the previous version where well placed due to their position on the map. They could be take down from the monument or the garage giving lots of opportunities for both teams.

In general the boss in WZ have become way too OP. As someone pointed out in the previous comments, if I want to kill some IAs I go for FF. When I go on WZ, I want to fight against human players. The soldiers on ARC are attacking you when you are outside of the garage (especially if you are on the roof). I want a fair fight with my fellow opponents, what the point to lose some health from IA when you are protecting your base. In WZ, IA should not attack you if you are not directly attacking them or in a radius of 50m around the said IA. It don’t count the numerous times when a Wraith outside the central base of Stormbreak is literally snipping you while you are on your armory.

On the other hand, there is no social playlist like on Halo 3 where I can do Slayer or objective gametype for fun (without the rank), currently what is the closest is the Assault playlist.

> 2533274825821963;13:
>
>

Thank you for your response, I think the conclusion is that the new noctus is not working atm. There are way too many AI and its hard to go outside a base without get shot by AI.

In my opinion, noctus before the update was the best map by far followed by ARC. If it was my call I would change it back to how it was, cause I didnt had anything bad to say about that map. There were so many things you could do on that map as I stated above. If you wanted to fight the other spartan enemys you could do that and if you wanted to fight the AI, you could go in the back of the armory and fight the bosses that spawned there.

Plus the fight for the warden was always so intense cause it spawned out in the open between the 2 bases and those fights always turned out into big ones since everyone came there, some went for the boss, some took out the spartans trying to kill the warden.

this !! see in sanctum the legendaries and mythics spawn ABOVE the centre base, which makes control of the centre base a viable tactic, but noctus just seems as if some dev lost their head or something…i had the exact same situation u described, where my team only had the monument left and bam, that idiotic knight spawns in there (i hate the sight of promethian spawns ever since firefight happened)

> 2533274818594069;18:
> this !! see in sanctum the legendaries and mythics spawn ABOVE the centre base, which makes control of the centre base a viable tactic, but noctus just seems as if some dev lost their head or something…i had the exact same situation u described, where my team only had the monument left and bam, that idiotic knight spawns in there (i hate the sight of promethian spawns ever since firefight happened)

totally - it makes Noctus not a strategic location.

I feel like they made these changes and didn’t even test them :confused:

> 2533274806055932;19:
> > 2533274818594069;18:
> > this !! see in sanctum the legendaries and mythics spawn ABOVE the centre base, which makes control of the centre base a viable tactic, but noctus just seems as if some dev lost their head or something…i had the exact same situation u described, where my team only had the monument left and bam, that idiotic knight spawns in there (i hate the sight of promethian spawns ever since firefight happened)
>
>
> totally - it makes Noctus not a strategic location.
>
> I feel like they made these changes and didn’t even test them :confused:

yep, I have the same feeling, especially now I played it more, its just insane how many times you get killed by the AI on the new battle of noctus. It really is ruining warzone for me, the only two maps that are still good are stormbreak and sanctum since you don’t get harassed by the AI constantly. For example on ARC, if you have a banshee above the armorys or even above your homebase, the grunt jockey will kill you with his needles. I have no idea how these adjustments got true, I feel like 343 didn’t even check this and it was a one man call.