Please explain Specializations to me.

Can someone please explain Specializations to me so I can fully understand? Can I switch between them before and/or after leveling through them? Can I actually see what perks they give me in game, instead of having to find it on the internet? If I level through pioneer to level up faster and I choose a different one after, can I ever use pioneer again for that same purpose?

Bump

it’s basicly sort of a prestige like system once you reach sr 50 you can unlock them, once you pick a specialization your xp will go towards your specialization and you will unlock things unique to that specialization, specializations unlock new perks and new armor. you can only have 1 specialization at a time and you can’t switch till you max it out so if you pick pioneer you can’t switch to wetwork.

once you pick your last specialization, your stuck with it but it’s only a name really you keep all the armor and perks you got from the other specializations.

Same question here.

Love the way 343 explains nothing on Waypoint. I guess you have to follow them on Twitter to get real updates. Strange that they don’t use their own website to update us and explain things. (yes, I’ve tried reading through the “help” posts, but it’s like trying to scroll through 100 love-fest YouTube videos…“oh look how awesome THIS is”…trying to get to something that explains things.

> it’s basicly sort of a prestige like system once you reach sr 50 you can unlock them, once you pick a specialization your xp will go towards your specialization and you will unlock things unique to that specialization, specializations unlock new perks and new armor. you can only have 1 specialization at a time and you can’t switch till you max it out so if you pick pioneer you can’t switch to wetwork.

How do you know which one to pick? Do you just take your chances and randomly select one?

Just gives you 10 more levels and a set of armor each time, and at the 10th level you unlock a new tactical package or support upgrade or whatever the two are called, depending on which specialization. I.E, I hit 50, picked Pioneer, got to 10th level of pioneer to unlock Fast Track, and can use Fast Track in place of Shielding if I so choose.

> > it’s basicly sort of a prestige like system once you reach sr 50 you can unlock them, once you pick a specialization your xp will go towards your specialization and you will unlock things unique to that specialization, specializations unlock new perks and new armor. you can only have 1 specialization at a time and you can’t switch till you max it out so if you pick pioneer you can’t switch to wetwork.
>
> How do you know which one to pick? Do you just take your chances and randomly select one?

Reading the description of the specialization gives you an idea of what the new perk will be, otherwise, for specifics, google is your friend.

> it’s basicly sort of a prestige like system once you reach sr 50 you can unlock them, once you pick a specialization your xp will go towards your specialization and you will unlock things unique to that specialization, specializations unlock new perks and new armor. you can only have 1 specialization at a time and you can’t switch till you max it out so if you pick pioneer you can’t switch to wetwork.
>
> once you pick your last specialization, your stuck with it but it’s only a name really you keep all the armor and perks you got from the other specializations.

Thanks, I would thank your post but the thank button on the android app is broken.

> Can someone please explain Specializations to me so I can fully understand? Can I switch between them before and/or after leveling through them? Can I actually see what perks they give me in game, instead of having to find it on the internet? If I level through pioneer to level up faster and I choose a different one after, can I ever use pioneer again for that same purpose?

KK

After you reached SR-50, you can enlist in a Speclization. There 8 of them with 10 levels each and each unlock the following

Armor set (you’ll get them in pieces on different levels rather than all at once)
Weapon skin
Visor Color
Skin for that armor set (same as the armor set)
Unique Emblems

At the 10th level of a Specialization, you unlock an armor mod. Here’s what they do.

Stealth (by maxing out Wetwork)- Quieter footsteps, Promethean Vision doesn’t spot you as easy, slightly faster assassinations.

Fast Track (by maxing out Pioneer)- More exp at the end of each match as long as you kept it on from start to finish.

Stability (by maxing out Rogue)- Less flinch when you are scoped in with scoped weapons.

Nemesis (by maxing out Stalker)- When you are killed by a player, they will be marked the next time you spawn so you can kill them easier.

Gunner (by maxing out Pathfinder)- Turrets in general will overheat less and your movement speed is is much faster when you are carrying around a ripped off turret.

Requisition (by maxing out Tracker)- You are able to re roll Personal Ordnance drop choices for new ones.

Drop Recon (by maxing out Engineer)- You will receive a heads up when and where a global ordnance drop will be ahead of everyone else.

Wheelman (by maxing out Operator)- Your vehicles will have more resistance to EMP and be more durable (i have yet to discover what this means yet as i don’t notice a difference).

Note: Once you pick a Specialization, you must level it up before you can choose another one. Also, you don’t have to wear the Specialization armor to use the armor mod you get at level 10. You are free to customize whatever you want.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: