Please don't upset our image of the Chief...

What I mean by this is, don’t make the Chief look too different. With each new installation they’ve managed to make Chief look fresh and new, but still like the hero we know and love. When you look at Chief’s Mk. V armor in Halo: CE, you can automatically identify that it’s the Chief. Then, with Halo 2, they upgraded and made him look even better, but still clearly identifiable as the Chief. Now, we get to (mostly everybody’s) current image of the Chief. Halo 3 Chief. Still looks just like the Chief we’ve always known and loved. But, is this really the way to upgrade him? I realize that 343 wants a new set of fresh looking armor, but this Mk. VII doesn’t even look like the Chief.

Tell me, when you look at the Halo 3 Chief and then at the Mk. VII Cheif…Do they even look like the same person to you? I’m sorry, but it’s hard to think of these two images are the same person. I realize 343 wants the new looking Mk. VII. But, make it look more like the Mk. VI. Keep that image of Chief we all know and love. At this rate, I’m gunna feel like I’m seeing a completely different person when playing Halo 4. Let’s hope 343 realizes this and makes the necessary changes. Anybody else agree?

Remember these are “prototype” toys there most likely going to make changes to his armor but remember he is on a completely different planet and an unknown place there might be good reasons for the armor looking the way it does. just my two cents i like the new armor just not the feet lol

Though it’s just a prototype, I actually kinda like it. He looks pretty awesome.

Disagree, Sealy. D:

I think the helmet and physique of the Chief are all that should remain greatly unchanged.

> What I mean by this is, don’t make the Chief look too different. With each new installation they’ve managed to make Chief look fresh and new, but still like the hero we know and love. When you look at Chief’s Mk. V armor in Halo: CE, you can automatically identify that it’s the Chief. Then, with Halo 2, they upgraded and made him look even better, but still clearly identifiable as the Chief. Now, we get to (mostly everybody’s) current image of the Chief. Halo 3 Chief. Still looks just like the Chief we’ve always known and loved. But, is this really the way to upgrade him? I realize that 343 wants a new set of fresh looking armor, but this Mk. VII doesn’t even look like the Chief.
>
> Tell me, when you look at the Halo 3 Chief and then at the Mk. VII Cheif…Do they even look like the same person to you? I’m sorry, but it’s hard to think of these two images are the same person. I realize 343 wants the new looking Mk. VII. But, make it look more like the Mk. VI. Keep that image of Chief we all know and love. At this rate, I’m gunna feel like I’m seeing a completely different person when playing Halo 4. Let’s hope 343 realizes this and makes the necessary changes. Anybody else agree?

I love his new armor. I think you are just one of those Halo “purists” who can’t believe when things change in the games. But we all have our opinions.

> I love his new armor. I think you are just one of those Halo “purists” who can’t believe when things change in the games. But we all have our opinions.

A purist? Really? That’s a bit extreme wouldn’t you think? Just because I don’t like something I’m automatically some extremist who wants every little thing the same way it used to be. But, if you actually read my post, I point out that they MAKE THE CHIEF LOOK FRESH AND NEW WITHOUT OVERHAULING HIS ENTIRE APPEARANCE. THIS NEW ARMOR DOESN’T EVEN MAKE HIM RECOGNIZABLE AS THE CHIEF. There I capped it and bolded it for you since you failed to see it the first time.

I don’t know about you but I love the Chief’s new look. I still recognize him as the Chief. For some people it’s just going to get some getting used to. We’ve seen him in Mark VI for 7 years now.

To tell you the truth, I don’t see Chief.

I see John.

I love the new look.

It took awhile for it to catch on but once it did and especially after reading what it is exactly 343i is trying to capture with his new image, it really clicks. I think it brings out the overall “half-cyborg” kinda vibe perfectly by laying off the super-sleek look from Halo 3 and going with a more “constructed” kind of look.

Overall, it manages to capture all the key points that keep the Chief recognizable but brings a new palate to appreciate him for what he really is and what he is made of.

> Remember these are “prototype” toys there most likely going to make changes to his armor but remember he is on a completely different planet and an unknown place there might be good reasons for the armor looking the way it does. just my two cents i like the new armor just not the feet lol

Only changes for this toy are goinf to be the colors… read the bulletin. this is the final chief.

The Halo 4 armor looks like a very natural followup to the Halo 3 armor, in my opinion.

> > I love his new armor. I think you are just one of those Halo “purists” who can’t believe when things change in the games. But we all have our opinions.
>
> A purist? Really? That’s a bit extreme wouldn’t you think? Just because I don’t like something I’m automatically some extremist who wants every little thing the same way it used to be. But, if you actually read my post, I point out that they MAKE THE CHIEF LOOK FRESH AND NEW WITHOUT OVERHAULING HIS ENTIRE APPEARANCE. THIS NEW ARMOR DOESN’T EVEN MAKE HIM RECOGNIZABLE AS THE CHIEF. There I capped it and bolded it for you since you failed to see it the first time.

I don’t see how he’s “unrecognizable.” A friend of mine saw the picture and said “Chief looks pretty good” without even asking.

You may not like it, but 1) you’ll get used to it, and 2) he is still recognizable as Chief, just different from your 8 year image of him.

> To tell you the truth, I don’t see Chief.
>
> I see John.

Very well put. Like I said in another thread, the new look is more open and less bulky then the previous iterations, which is symbolically important if we are to get to know the man underneath the armor. He looks more human now, rather then a green robot.

The new design is beautiful… i cant wait to see it in game, i think most people agree, keep it going 343

The new armour has begun to grow on me but I still think it should look a bit more like the Mk. VI. The current armour looks like a hybrid Spartan and Elite, just look at the body and compare it to one of Reaches elites, the bodies actually looks somewhat similar.

H4 Chief

HR Elite

Another HR Elite

And another

One more

Am I the only one seeing this?? If you see it to I think they look similar because of the chests size when compared to the bareness of the wast and also the shape of the boots. This simply means the wast could use some more green plating, as for the boots, I actually like the new boots but the front of them have a split detail to them which reminds me of the elite boots.

Give the new chief some time, because its the experiences that make us know him and eventually new Mk. V11 armor will grow on us.

> > Remember these are “prototype” toys there most likely going to make changes to his armor but remember he is on a completely different planet and an unknown place there might be good reasons for the armor looking the way it does. just my two cents i like the new armor just not the feet lol
>
> Only changes for this toy are goinf to be the colors… read the bulletin. this is the final chief.

well actually dude they are adding things when the first picture was showed off master chief was pretty much naked around the waist then they added a crotch plate and what everybody has been talking about they will prolly add a belt to

> The new armour has begun to grow on me but <mark>I still think it should look a bit more like the Mk. VI</mark>. The current armour looks like a hybrid Spartan and Elite, just look at the body and compare it to one of Reaches elites, the bodies actually looks somewhat similar.
>
> H4 Chief
>
>
> HR Elite
>
> Another HR Elite
>
> And another
>
>
> One more
>
> Am I the only one seeing this?? If you see it to I think they look similar because of the chests size when compared to the bareness of the wast and also the shape of the boots. This simply means the wast could use some more green plating, as for the boots, I actually like the new boots but the front of them have a split detail to them which reminds me of the elite boots.

No, just no. MK VI just looks bland and kind of boring to look at now, when compared to his new armour.

And don’t forget, his new armour has a legitimate reason as to why it’s like that now.

> > The new armour has begun to grow on me but <mark>I still think it should look a bit more like the Mk. VI</mark>. The current armour looks like a hybrid Spartan and Elite, just look at the body and compare it to one of Reaches elites, the bodies actually looks somewhat similar.
> >
> > H4 Chief
> >
> >
> > HR Elite
> >
> > Another HR Elite
> >
> > And another
> >
> >
> > One more
> >
> > Am I the only one seeing this?? If you see it to I think they look similar because of the chests size when compared to the bareness of the wast and also the shape of the boots. This simply means the wast could use some more green plating, as for the boots, I actually like the new boots but the front of them have a split detail to them which reminds me of the elite boots.
>
> No, just no. MK VI just looks bland and kind of boring to look at now, when compared to his new armour.
>
> And don’t forget, his new armour has a legitimate reason as to why it’s like that now.

What? Legitimate reason?? From what 343 has said so far I think its probably just a re-modelled Mk. VI, notice they have scratches on the chest in the same spot as in Halo3. The trailer might not be canon but maybe he really does get out of the cryo chamber with the scratches on his chest and a new suit of armor. I meant go closer to the old design, not freaking replicate it, it just needs some more elements from the old armor, that’s all. Even if somehow he did get a scratch on his chest again in some Mk. VII armor it should still be changed a bit, previous UNSC spartan suits had the same sleek style as everything ells. I do like a lot of the stuff on the new suit but slightly changing some of the details and adding some more green plates in those horribly bare black areas would be nice. You are really the first person I’ve seen insulting the H2-3 design, I’ve seen people say the new one looks better but never that the old looks bad.

I have to disagree. During the Halo 4 reveal at E3, I sat up as soon as he threw open the cryo tube. I knew it was Chief, and I knew it was Halo, before any other cues. I think the new Chief looks fresh, true to the original, and has a real sci-fi look to it (something that was lacking in the old Mark VI). Also, this new trilogy isn’t about nostalgia, it’s about being… new.

I love the new look, and other than some minor proportion problems (which I’m sure are due to it being an action figure, not an in-game model) I hope they don’t change it. Don’t listen to the complainers 343, keep the new Chief.

I can’t believe they took off his codpiece!