Please dont turn halo into a "destiny" game.

A lot of what ive read so far has got me worried. First up interviews where they keep saying " make your own stories" This is often used in online games , mmos, games like destiny, anthem, warframe. Where the focus of the game is grind and playing with friends and sometimes you get those cool moments, those " story to tell a friend moments"
Then we have details like " wide open landscapes" , " rewarding players to explore" All those things say to me “destiny and Anthem”
We also have talk of having cosmetics for the black underskin of spartan armor. Now ask yourself this, why would you need this with armor on you dont really see it, so why have it? Well if there is a hub area, ala destiny, anthem … then you dont need to always wear your spartan armor, thats where the black cosmetic underskin comes into play…

Please dont turn Halo into the game as a service style that tripple A devs have such a erection for right now. The biggest issue i have with these games is they cutt the focus on the story down to tid bits, where you get it fed to you over time like a mini tv series. Then you have the down time inbetween the next content drop like an mmo where you given “grind” gameplay to do and thats im guessing where the exploration comes in. I really dont want a normal halo story to be stretched over the span of years with grind fests and loot.

I want a simple put togther halo, when i think of this i think of games like halo 3 even halo reach.
This is broken down into a full start to finish complete Halo story you can play though with different difficulty settings and coop. Then we have Reply made for single player so we can record videos, take photos. Then we have Mp with the normal game modes, and some new ones ofc. Then we have forge and maybe some new stuff like spartan ops or some progressive mp story mode with a.i. All that gives you a complete package when you buy the game, it gives something for each halo fan ext.

Please again do not do the destiny, anthem , warframe route and split up the possible amazing Halo iconic SP into tiny bits to drip feed us over years to come…

I don’t mind all of that stuff, but I don’t want “expansions” that make you pay to play the rest of the story.

> 2533274966517097;2:
> I don’t mind all of that stuff, but I don’t want “expansions” that make you pay to play the rest of the story.

And “expansions” that lock you out of playing content you use to own if you didn’t buy said expansions.

Let us hope they don’t go that route. Although with 343, they tend to create issues I can never predict.

I mean let’s be honest most of us play Halo for the MP not story. Most of us at least

> 2535462450434439;5:
> I mean let’s be honest most of us play Halo for the MP not story. Most of us at least

Perhaps, but even if only a few people relative to the MP population play for the story we saw that Halo 5’s story was bad enough to still cause an uproar. Let’s aim for good MP and campaign, eh?

> 2535462450434439;5:
> I mean let’s be honest most of us play Halo for the MP not story. Most of us at least

I’ll agree to that, H2 and H3 had a multiplayer surge, it’s partly responsible for why Xbox multiplayer got so big to begin with.

That said even if multiplayer is the main course, campaign can still be a big part. Let’s just say 1 million play multiplayer as an example and 500k play story, 500k while Is the minority is still such a huge presence that you simply can’t ignore which Halsey brings up with H5s lackluster campaign. Flip it around where campaign is the main course, multiplayer would still have such a huge presence that you can’t ignore unless you’re fine losing out on a lot of the benefits. Halo relies on a balance to both sides as it’ll hurt of only one side gets the attention and the other doesn’t.

Sadly, Destiny does suck hard and Bungie is dead to me. They’re a husk at this point. It’s so bad I’m glad when other people hate it lol. So yeah if Infinite is anything like that cynical cash farm game-for-service it will be crap and 343i’s last chance for redemption will disintegrate and the one remaining hope I’ll have for Halo is MCC on PC.

If 343i and Microsoft are smart they’ll temper their greed and not push for microtransaction antics. Charge full price for the game. Do all DLC for free. You will make mega-bucks from the PC players you’ll gain+the XBL gold subscriptions they’ll no doubt have to buy.

Totally agree. I don’t want a Halo like Destiny.
Halo isn’t made to be a big open world. Little choices like The Halo on Halo : CE is good but enough.

Are you thinking it’ll be an online looter shooter? I really don’t think they’ll do that.

The black undersuits is just an artistic choice. H4/5 took them away and instead had coloured undersuits, black works much better because it contrasts with armour. Coloured undersuits just make it look messy.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the “live service” thing yet. All that means at its core is it’ll be a game that has post launch content. H5 is a live service game. However if they add story stuff post launch in intervals I would love that as long as they’re high quality and weren’t cut from the original game just to add them later, like Destiny.

there are certainly hints of Destiny etc coming through or simply that MS wants to push in an online only direction. It would certainly be a very easy decision for me and plenty others at that point not to buy into that vision of course and I don’t think they wish to go that route for now on account of risking more backlash

If Halo6 offers an entirely fully fledged offline campaign experience that I’m sure it will, and that perhaps is even more offline expandable by way of mission dlc like Forza 4 Horizon then I’m more than happy. Still a little worrying though because Halo5 proved you can’t count on much when it comes to certain modes being available for offline play and even now as another example,Halo4 Spartan Ops is locked out to offline play on the 360 version so I’m not going to be fully satisfied 343 doesn’t do the same when it comes to portions of Halo6’s campaign

We shall see then but for the very first time I wont be buying a Halo game at launch despite how potentially great the other side of this all sounding right now. I’m sure it will all be fine simply because I think MS knows it’s not a great strategy to alienate certain fans. And if they do then the whole thing would blow up in their face anyway so they’re not about to

> 2555390681439134;1:
> A lot of what ive read so far has got me worried. First up interviews where they keep saying " make your own stories" This is often used in online games , mmos, games like destiny, anthem, warframe. Where the focus of the game is grind and playing with friends and sometimes you get those cool moments, those " story to tell a friend moments"
> Then we have details like " wide open landscapes" , " rewarding players to explore" All those things say to me “destiny and Anthem”
> We also have talk of having cosmetics for the black underskin of spartan armor. Now ask yourself this, why would you need this with armor on you dont really see it, so why have it? Well if there is a hub area, ala destiny, anthem … then you dont need to always wear your spartan armor, thats where the black cosmetic underskin comes into play…
>
> Please dont turn Halo into the game as a service style that tripple A devs have such a erection for right now. The biggest issue i have with these games is they cutt the focus on the story down to tid bits, where you get it fed to you over time like a mini tv series. Then you have the down time inbetween the next content drop like an mmo where you given “grind” gameplay to do and thats im guessing where the exploration comes in. I really dont want a normal halo story to be stretched over the span of years with grind fests and loot.
>
> I want a simple put togther halo, when i think of this i think of games like halo 3 even halo reach.
> This is broken down into a full start to finish complete Halo story you can play though with different difficulty settings and coop. Then we have Reply made for single player so we can record videos, take photos. Then we have Mp with the normal game modes, and some new ones ofc. Then we have forge and maybe some new stuff like spartan ops or some progressive mp story mode with a.i. All that gives you a complete package when you buy the game, it gives something for each halo fan ext.
>
> Please again do not do the destiny, anthem , warframe route and split up the possible amazing Halo iconic SP into tiny bits to drip feed us over years to come…

Halo is halo since 2001anni and i hope for the new playlist but for not became a PayGame

Halo 5 is better than Destiny imo.No need to copy it.

Returning to a traditional art style, reintroducing split-screen, explaining that fans who enjoyed a Reach style customisation will like this one, and the actual E3 trailer itself are all hints that Infinite will be playing off of nostalgia as opposed to a Destiny Loot’n’shoot style game.

While it’s good to have a paranoia about these games, I do think you are overthinking this OP. A mainline Halo won’t be anything other than a competitive and traditional FPS. Except Halo 4. But we all know 343 learnt their lesson with that one.

IF it is open world - which I’m not sure yet - my guess is it would be something inbetween of a modern Far Cry and Beyond Good & Evil 2. Meaning it will play a lot like the first while adding the freedom of the second.

Rumors say Hi will have RPG elements and that the whole ring can be explored. Always IF that’s the case, I doubt it will be a game as service with the fax simile structure of a Destiny.

In the last stream 343i confirmed yet again the 4 player split screen, this time demonstrated directly with the E3 Slipspace tech demo running on a Xone equivalent hardware (apparently, haven’t seen it sadly! :see_no_evil: ). And don’t forget that we play as the Chief for the whole game this time around. I don’t see how and why it would be an always online game as a service kind of title honestly… However! There are plenty of free roaming open world shooters out there and those tend to feel empty, repetitive and shallow on a story level.

I don’t know how the action based gameplay of Halo can fit such a structure. That’s pretty much the same problem Destiny run into and Bungie never found a real solution to this dilemma.

Can we trust 343i to create an open sandbox filled with life, content, a brilliant story and good enemy AI? This are the real questions imho! Only time will tell, but the new Halo guys have a lot to live up to!

> 2533275031939856;10:
> Are you thinking it’ll be an online looter shooter? I really don’t think they’ll do that.
>
> The black undersuits is just an artistic choice. H4/5 took them away and instead had coloured undersuits, black works much better because it contrasts with armour. Coloured undersuits just make it look messy.
>
> I wouldn’t worry too much about the “live service” thing yet. All that means at its core is it’ll be a game that has post launch content. H5 is a live service game. However if they add story stuff post launch in intervals I would love that as long as they’re high quality and weren’t cut from the original game just to add them later, like Destiny.

Spartan Ops was basically them trying to continue the story post-launch, it just wasn’t implemented well. I wouldn’t at all mind them doing story stuff after the fact as long as it’s of good quality.

> 2533274951753761;13:
> Halo 5 is better than Destiny imo.No need to copy it.

Sounds like what I heard about COD. And then, whoops…

> 2533274809073993;16:
> > 2533275031939856;10:
> > Are you thinking it’ll be an online looter shooter? I really don’t think they’ll do that.
> >
> > The black undersuits is just an artistic choice. H4/5 took them away and instead had coloured undersuits, black works much better because it contrasts with armour. Coloured undersuits just make it look messy.
> >
> > I wouldn’t worry too much about the “live service” thing yet. All that means at its core is it’ll be a game that has post launch content. H5 is a live service game. However if they add story stuff post launch in intervals I would love that as long as they’re high quality and weren’t cut from the original game just to add them later, like Destiny.
>
> Spartan Ops was basically them trying to continue the story post-launch, it just wasn’t implemented well. I wouldn’t at all mind them doing story stuff after the fact as long as it’s of good quality.

I was super excited for Spartan Ops and appreciate they did it but the quality just wasn’t there, I was bored most of the time.

> 2533275031939856;18:
> > 2533274809073993;16:
> > > 2533275031939856;10:
> > > Are you thinking it’ll be an online looter shooter? I really don’t think they’ll do that.
> > >
> > > The black undersuits is just an artistic choice. H4/5 took them away and instead had coloured undersuits, black works much better because it contrasts with armour. Coloured undersuits just make it look messy.
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t worry too much about the “live service” thing yet. All that means at its core is it’ll be a game that has post launch content. H5 is a live service game. However if they add story stuff post launch in intervals I would love that as long as they’re high quality and weren’t cut from the original game just to add them later, like Destiny.
> >
> > Spartan Ops was basically them trying to continue the story post-launch, it just wasn’t implemented well. I wouldn’t at all mind them doing story stuff after the fact as long as it’s of good quality.
>
> I was super excited for Spartan Ops and appreciate they did it but the quality just wasn’t there, I was bored most of the time.

either Spartan Ops or a reach-style 4-player firefight must return, maybe both?

> 2533274812652989;6:
> > 2535462450434439;5:
> > I mean let’s be honest most of us play Halo for the MP not story. Most of us at least
>
> Perhaps, but even if only a few people relative to the MP population play for the story we saw that Halo 5’s story was bad enough to still cause an uproar. Let’s aim for good MP and campaign, eh?

> 2533274923562209;7:
> > 2535462450434439;5:
> > I mean let’s be honest most of us play Halo for the MP not story. Most of us at least
>
> I’ll agree to that, H2 and H3 had a multiplayer surge, it’s partly responsible for why Xbox multiplayer got so big to begin with.
>
> That said even if multiplayer is the main course, campaign can still be a big part. Let’s just say 1 million play multiplayer as an example and 500k play story, 500k while Is the minority is still such a huge presence that you simply can’t ignore which Halsey brings up with H5s lackluster campaign. Flip it around where campaign is the main course, multiplayer would still have such a huge presence that you can’t ignore unless you’re fine losing out on a lot of the benefits. Halo relies on a balance to both sides as it’ll hurt of only one side gets the attention and the other doesn’t.

I’ll take an example of cod (gross I know) BLOPS 4 is super popular right now without a campaign. Though their BR version probably has something to do with that.
Don’t get me wrong I’m a lover of the old Halo Campaigns, I’m a huge lore nerd when it comes to the Halo’s expansive universe. But I just see it as the campaign is a part of the game where it’s ok for the DEVS to try new stuff if it’s fails well that sucks and If it succeeds then perfect.
Mulitplayer is different just because the mass majority will be playing this years after the game dwindles down or even months after.
I think both aspects of the game are important but I do think if 343 wants to try something new for the campaign eh why not?