Please don't ruin infection.

I hated the fact Halo 4 had a yellow color for the survivors, it was hideous, please stick with custom colors as I feel they are completely useless in this game considering FFA is the only game mode you can see your custom colors, and also please keep both flood themed infection and classic infection. I really liked flood mode, probably the only thing I liked in Halo 4 tbh, it was really fun playing.

I feel like after the huge backlash towards Halo 4’s Flood mode, it’ll be a lot more like Halo 3 and Reach’s Infection. I believe Halo 2 Anniversary nailed it pretty well, too.

> 2533274813061580;2:
> I feel like after the huge backlash towards Halo 4’s Flood mode, it’ll be a lot more like Halo 3 and Reach’s Infection. I believe Halo 2 Anniversary nailed it pretty well, too.

Loved Halo 2A infection, wouldn’t mind it being like that either.

I hope they go back to classic Infection. Flood in Halo 4 was BS in my opinion. They shouldn’t have been granted shields, it’s annoying and along with their thruster-pack ability could instantly boost over and devastate the Survivors if they aren’t paying attention. Not sure how many times it happened to you guys but I always came to the problem of failing to kill a Flood (because shields) with a point-blank shotgun… then I die.

The flood skins were nifty in H4, but they limited the infected to using only their claw. This dramatically reduced infections custom game possibilities. So I want infection like 3/Reach.
Using custom colors is important too, because as you pointed out, they’re almost useless as it is now. Hopefully with infection and firefight that’ll change.

> 2533274802029738;5:
> The flood skins were nifty in H4, but they limited the infected to using only their claw. This dramatically reduced infections custom game possibilities. So I want infection like 3/Reach.
> Using custom colors is important too, because as you pointed out, they’re almost useless as it is now. Hopefully with infection and firefight that’ll change.

I just want custom colors and a flood player model. That’d be perfect, oh and the option to exclude the flood player model as well.

> 2533274939018653;4:
> I hope they go back to classic Infection. Flood in Halo 4 was BS in my opinion. They shouldn’t have been granted shields, it’s annoying and along with their thruster-pack ability could instantly boost over and devastate the Survivors if they aren’t paying “attention”

“Save One Bullet” from H3 the infected had shields (although no boost) and it was my favorite mode.
I think one or the other would work well. I’m of the opinion that infection shouldn’t just be a slaughter house where the survivors mow down dozens of zombies until they run out of ammo. Sure that’s fun for the humans, but it blows as the infected because you spend most of the round dying over and over, or hiding. I loved modes like Save One Bullet, where the infected had shields and stood a chance. You could still easily be killed by combined pistol fire if they had long sight lines, and could absolutely get bull-true-ed by an adequate shotgun wielder, but it added a lot more fun to the zombie side because you actually stood a chance. Also I felt it was more fun as a human because it wasn’t a cakewalk, but instead a lot more intense because the threat was more real. Maybe that’s just me though. I’m just happy infection is coming back.

> 2533274802029738;7:
> > 2533274939018653;4:
> > …
>
>
> “Save One Bullet” from H3 the infected had shields (although no boost) and it was my favorite mode.
> I think one or the other would work well. I’m of the opinion that infection shouldn’t just be a slaughter house where the survivors mow down dozens of zombies until they run out of ammo. Sure that’s fun for the humans, but it blows as the infected because you spend most of the round dying over and over, or hiding. I loved modes like Save One Bullet, where the infected had shields and stood a chance. You could still easily be killed by combined pistol fire if they had long sight lines, and could absolutely get bull-true-ed by an adequate shotgun wielder, but it added a lot more fun to the zombie side because you actually stood a chance. Also I felt it was more fun as a human because it wasn’t a cakewalk, but instead a lot more intense because the threat was more real. Maybe that’s just me though. I’m just happy infection is coming back.

I agree with you completely, I really enjoyed Hive Mind also, as the Survivors could survive two hits which made the game really intense once you were down to half health. The flood had weak shields to absorb the first pistol shot too which gave them a chance. Good times!

I’m personally a big fan of Halo Reach style infection, and I am pretty good at it. I don’t know what you guys mean by the zombies just getting mowed by the humans, that’s only if you’re not using any tactics. You have to be stealthy, not just run at them straight on. Crouching keeps the zombies off the radar, making it easy to sneak up on somebody. It also helps if you know the map pretty well, and you can predict the humans movements.

I hated Halo 4’s flood. The huge boost for the zombies ruined the gameplay in normal flood. Last stand was bad since everyone just camped in one general location and you couldn’t jump back from the zombie. Hivemind wasn’t very fun in my opinion because of how easy it was to kill zombies with the AR when you were Last Man Standing. Also the survivors were two hits, which was frustrating if they were camping that you had to come back for them after you died.

But that’s all just my opinion, you guys will probably disagree with me. I think playing Infection, whatever it becomes, would be tons of fun on Halo 5’s maps.

> 2533274813061580;2:
> I feel like after the huge backlash towards Halo 4’s Flood mode, it’ll be a lot more like Halo 3 and Reach’s Infection. I believe Halo 2 Anniversary nailed it pretty well, too.

I definitely think 2 anniv. was the best. I couldn’t stand seeing that dumb flood arm connected to my body because they didn’t feel as cool or as powerful. Just big, slow, and disproportionate. Plus the super menacing red energy sword felt so good!

I just hope they don’t bring back some of those “classic” Infection maps that are in the MCC playlist. Holy -Yoink-, opening all of AVALANCHE(!) for Infection is awful.

When it comes to Custom Games 343 seem to be a bit hit and miss for me so I’m trying not to get excited at the possibility of Infection returning, which still angers me that all this time later it still isn’t here. Grifball works great (apart from no explosions) but I’m still a little miffed how Oddball hasn’t really got the official recognition it deserves and Fiesta should never have been a standalone game type, it should be a trait that should be added to all game modes like in past games. Want to play CTF husky raid with random weapons? Too bad because random weapons are exclusive to Fiesta, for whatever reason.

It would make sense for Infection to be similar to 3 and Reachs in design, it would be nice I suppose to have the option to enable Flood like play through the custom game settings however I can’t see 343 going the extra length to add that in. I don’t know how they would go about launching Infection either, do they plan on forging maps for the weekend it launches or just sticking up a playlist on default maps? The latter was kind of alright in past Halo games but in Halo 5 the maps are designed solely for major competitive play and are fairly tight and narrow in design so it probably wouldn’t work that well even if it was short term