Please don't remove SWAT, 343i.

I don’t quite understand why you, 343i, would get everyone excited that SWAT would be returning in Halo 4, only for us to find out that you would be pulling it out after a certain period of time. I have loads of friends, including myself, that play an EXCESSIVE amount of SWAT because it’s a fun gametype, and loads of players enjoy it as well. I’m looking at the playlist populations right now, and SWAT is the 3rd most populated playlist. Heck, Reach has had SWAT ever since it had been first implemented into the game. Why should that change?

Instead of REMOVING playlists, why not keep the ones added in and add more for the sake of variety? What if I want to play some Team Snipers (when that comes out) for a little while, then I have the urge to play some SWAT? I won’t be able to do that because of this whole ridiculous concept of hoppers in the matchmaking system.

Wait, SWAT is temporary?

> Wait, SWAT is temporary?

Read the latest Bulletin. Yes, it’s temporary…

It’s a part of this whole playlist hopper concept, and it was supposed to be taken down sooner than before, but due to the overall praise it’s getting, they’re keeping it for another week.

If you’re keeping it for another week because of praise, then just KEEP IT IN MATCHMAKING FOREVER!

if anything they should remove oddball, ctf, koth and turn it into a objective playlist.

this is just another example of why i don’t like halo i nthe hands of 343. i feel they just don’t get their fans.

I couldn’t agree more. I honestly dont understand some of the calls that are being made behind the scenes for this game. It does not make any sense. Oh look, here’s a gametype that tons of people love, but you only get to play it when WE say you can. But dont worry, every week there will be some new playlist available for your convenience! Either Snipers, swat, grifball, hell we might even put in an actual CLASSIC Halo experience that everyone wants to play, but remember kids, you can only play those when we say so. Play nicely :slight_smile:

I think what there doing is there playing with differnt settings within a game type. Team snipers will have the same thing happen. There gonna try it with the Sniper rifle being the only gun you get but later they will change settings to see what works and what doesnt

While I find the addition of the DMR turns SWAT into Team Snipers at times it is still my favorite playlist in Halo 4 so far. I hope they don’t remove it.

> if anything they should remove oddball, ctf, koth and turn it into a objective playlist.

So much this.

[deleted]

> if anything they should remove oddball, ctf, koth and turn it into a objective playlist.
>
> this is just another example of why i don’t like halo i nthe hands of 343. i feel they just don’t get their fans.

I like being able to choose which CORE gametype I want to play. I prefer it greatly over SWAT. Each of those playlists only have around 2,000 people but if you turn them into 1 single playlist people that prefer say… oddball over KOTH and CTF or vise verse will be less inclined to play the playlist. CTF needs to stay as a solo playlist. I can see putting oddball and KOTH together. 343 isn’t trying to avoid what the players want they are trying to say “Hey guys and gals! Look over here it’s something other than your standard slayer playlist.” It’s too bad people would rather just mindlessly kill. Just like SWAT… I have no problem with it and I will play it every now and then but it’s just a prime example of people playing it to mindlessly kill rather than try new things out. Rotational playlists allow for gametypes that aren’t technically core to Halo to be introduced. It’ll keep things fresh. You don’t think the Snipers kids are going to be po’d? Or how about the doubles people? How about the multi-team people?

343’s main goal is to avoid making a trillion playlists while trying to give you the core variety. KOTH, Oddball, Slayer, Regicide, BTB, etc… IMO Flood should be removed and added to the rotation. The more playlists the longer the wait times in playlists. The community shall not be fragmented. If you don’t want to play because SWAT gets removed well then that’s just dandy with me. It’s not like you would have been playing the other playlists anyway.

They can’t be so stupid