Please don't over expand Halo

I think we can all agree that Star Wars is over expanded, I don’t want Halo to have uncountable books or games. I know I don’t have to buy all that stuff if that happens, but I don’t want to see my favorite series get stale. Just saying Halo needs to die.

I’d be happy if they stopped after the Reclaimer trilogy.

> I’d be happy if they stopped after the Reclaimer trilogy.

Agreed.

I like what 343 and Bungie have done with the Back stories, they help further expand the universe, if they start going overboard like with origins. I ain’t gonna be pleased

I like the Expanded Universes of Star Wars and Halo. While the movies (for Star Wars) and games (for Halo) will always be the main story, you have to remember, they’re not the only people in the universe.

I’d like to think they would keep going with the media (Books, Movies) but as for the games after the Reclaimer trilogy I would like to see a second Halo RTS which this time takes you to the most important battles of the war with the innsurrection and the Human-Covenant War. It would be great to see the Fall of Reach from Red Team’s/Fred’s Teams perspective aswell.

The Haloverse is too rich and too un-tapped to let die.

Here’s how to tell if you are in favor of over expansion or not:

Would you like to see a Lego: Halo video game?

Star wars i think is great even though its over expanded and alo t of the games they make for star wars I like but we dont need a halo turning into star wars now.

> Would you like to see a Lego: Halo video game?

Nothing to do with over expanding but…I LOVE the Lego games so…I wouldn’t say no to one! :smiley:

> Just saying Halo needs to die.

After having finally taken full control over the franchise, I’m not too sure 343’s going to want to do that :stuck_out_tongue:

> Here’s how to tell if you are in favor of over expansion or not:
>

If I could play something like this, then HECK YES! :smiley:

Halo has a lot of room for expansion. There are so many genres that they could explore in gaming alone.

> Halo has a lot of room for expansion. There are so many genres that they could explore in gaming alone.

I’m sorry but could you please elaborate?

> > Halo has a lot of room for expansion. There are so many genres that they could explore in gaming alone.
>
> I’m sorry but could you please elaborate?

Well right now Halo has had 5 FPS titles and one RTS. There are so many other game genres that could work in Halo. Third Person Shooter, Stealth, Flight Simulator, tactical shooter, RPG and many other genres would work brilliantly in the Halo Universe. Some stories would work better in other genres. Halo Wars was a start but I think it can be taken a lot further. And this is just in video games. Other mediums also have styles that could work with Halo.

I just don’t like how EVERYTHING is connected…that’s just silly. People in Ancient Rome and China shouldn’t have a direct connection to everything that happens with America and Iraq.

> I just don’t like how EVERYTHING is connected…that’s just silly. People in Ancient Rome and China shouldn’t have a direct connection to everything that happens with America and Iraq.

I have to agree with this. It would be nice to see a few more independent stories.

> Here’s how to tell if you are in favor of over expansion or not:
>

This made me laugh but it’s not entirely true. Batman has had one horrible game foray after another…with the exceptions of the Arkham games, Lego Batman was actually quite enjoyable compared to his lackluster gaming career.

It seems to be mostly affecting commercial movie properties as well if anything.

The day I see Lego Halo, however, I know it’s all over.

I worry for Godzilla at this point with how his “fighting game” career is just appalling.

As long as it isn’t a title per year basis, then I think Halo can still last for a very long time.

Halo’s got a lot of unturned stones yet. As long as they make sure to not always focus on the same sets of characters there’s a lot of potential,