Please, don't make anymore remixes.

I like Halo 5, but what is the point in remaking maps already in the game? I’d much rather see something new rather than the same maps.

It’s how they create the illusion that the game has content.

> 2533274801472802;2:
> It’s how they create the illusion that the game has content.

Pretty much, every other halo game came with loads of unique maps, whilst Halo 5 came with just indoor, factories, lacking color maps. Every map uses pretty much the same color palette excluding Regret/truth (remixes…)

And instead of giving us new maps, that are good, we get remixes and forged maps. The warzone map looks great, but these arena maps are kinda disappointing.

Because 343i is just lazy.

Agreed. At first I was patient and gave 343 the benefit of the doubt, but I have to say I’m very disappointed that there are so many remixed/forged maps. We have a DLC coming out next week and 2/3 Arena maps are forged and 1 is a remix. I will admit that the Plaza remix looks great, but I want some original, 343 created maps, not forged maps. C’mon 343

More importantly, do the remix play well and significantly different then the original? If it happens to also feel different, cool. Overgrowth, looks and feels much different then plaza. It also seems to play much different b/c the layout has drastically changed.

Eden plays differently then Empire, and might even be the better designed map. However, b/c they reused so much content (the functional art assets, i.e stairs and catwalks) it looks and play extremely awkward. Sadly, Eden lost the moody thunderstorm from the beta in favor of performance and lighting issues (probably the right decision). Regret plays very different then Truth because if only reuses a few key assets, the bases. Regret plays and looks different… not necessarily well.

Overgrowth is step in the right direction. Reusing some assets and pallets adds to continuity in the game space. And from what we’ve seen so far from the Rig remix, Refinery… it too is drastically different in terms of layout and mood.

I wanna see maps based off of the campaign…

If they were fun they wouldn’t matter. But they’re not.

Honestly, there’s not a single map on this game that I think is good. Nothing stands out.

> 2533274797704815;6:
> More importantly, does the remix play well and significantly different then the original? If it happens to also feel different, cool. Overgrowth, looks and feels much different then plaza. It also seems to play much different b/c the layout has drastically changed.
>
> Eden plays differently then Empire, and might even be the better designed map. However, b/c they reused so much content it ( the functional art assets, i.e stairs and catwalks) looks and play extremely awkward. Sadly, Eden lost the moody thunderstorm from the beta in preference of performance and lighting issues (probably the right decision). Regret plays much different then Truth because if only reuses a few key assets, the bases. Regret plays and looks different… not necessarily well.
>
> Overgrowth is step in the right direction. Reusing some assets and pallets adds to continuity in the game space. And from what we’ve seen so far from the Rig remix, Refinery… it too is drastically different in terms of layout and mood.

Wait, what? They’re showing this off before this update is even out?

Here’s another scary thing to think about. 343 said we’re getting 15 free DLC maps. We’ve already gotten four (BTB) and we’re getting noctus and 2-3 remixes. D:

> 2533274801472802;9:
> > 2533274797704815;6:
> > More importantly, does the remix play well and significantly different then the original? If it happens to also feel different, cool. Overgrowth, looks and feels much different then plaza. It also seems to play much different b/c the layout has drastically changed.
> >
> > Eden plays differently then Empire, and might even be the better designed map. However, b/c they reused so much content it ( the functional art assets, i.e stairs and catwalks) looks and play extremely awkward. Sadly, Eden lost the moody thunderstorm from the beta in preference of performance and lighting issues (probably the right decision). Regret plays much different then Truth because if only reuses a few key assets, the bases. Regret plays and looks different… not necessarily well.
> >
> > Overgrowth is step in the right direction. Reusing some assets and pallets adds to continuity in the game space. And from what we’ve seen so far from the Rig remix, Refinery… it too is drastically different in terms of layout and mood.
>
>
> Wait, what? They’re showing this off before this update is even out?

Its in the last Sprint Vidoc. They show the block out, concept art, and the paint over. Highlighting the lava waterfall and river in the center of the map. It looks freaking awesome!

> 2533274905097737;10:
> Here’s another scary thing to think about. 343 said we’re getting 15 free DLC maps. We’ve already gotten four (BTB) and we’re getting noctus and 2-3 remixes. D:

the forge maps are not considered a apart of the maps

> 2533274857577417;4:
> Because 343i is just lazy.

You forgot incompetent. How else do you explain recycled maps with a broken spawn system. The point is proven when 343 tried (and failed) to fix it in the first patch.

> 2533274851412396;1:
> I like Halo 5, but what is the point in remaking maps already in the game? I’d much rather see something new rather than the same maps.

Completely agree.

> 2533274840624875;12:
> > 2533274905097737;10:
> > Here’s another scary thing to think about. 343 said we’re getting 15 free DLC maps. We’ve already gotten four (BTB) and we’re getting noctus and 2-3 remixes. D:
>
>
> the forge maps are not considered a apart of the maps

They were part of the base map count. So why wouldn’t 343 also include them in the DLC?

> 2533274791978557;15:
> > 2533274840624875;12:
> > > 2533274905097737;10:
> > > Here’s another scary thing to think about. 343 said we’re getting 15 free DLC maps. We’ve already gotten four (BTB) and we’re getting noctus and 2-3 remixes. D:
> >
> >
> > the forge maps are not considered a apart of the maps
>
>
> They were part of the base map count. So why wouldn’t 343 also include them in the DLC?

Because i am pretty sure they previously said it wasn’t.

> 2533274885506317;16:
> > 2533274791978557;15:
> > > 2533274840624875;12:
> > > > 2533274905097737;10:
> > > > Here’s another scary thing to think about. 343 said we’re getting 15 free DLC maps. We’ve already gotten four (BTB) and we’re getting noctus and 2-3 remixes. D:
> > >
> > >
> > > the forge maps are not considered a apart of the maps
> >
> >
> > They were part of the base map count. So why wouldn’t 343 also include them in the DLC?
>
>
> Because i am pretty sure they previously said it wasn’t.

They never said that lol.

Still, if they count remixes, that’s already 3 maps down (and likely 4 if they remix Coliseum, the only base map left to remix). Once they’re done remixing all the base maps, then we’ll likely start to see actually new arena maps. It’s probably likely that every base map was intended to have a remix variant at launch, but then they didn’t have time to do it.

> 2533274905097737;8:
> If they were fun they wouldn’t matter. But they’re not.
>
> Honestly, there’s not a single map on this game that I think is good. Nothing stands out.

I strongly agree. Look at halo 1-3 and how unique the maps were, colorful, outdoorsy, and spacious. Now all the maps are indoor factories that are really dull.

> 2533274851412396;3:
> > 2533274801472802;2:
> > It’s how they create the illusion that the game has content.
>
>
> Pretty much, every other halo game came with loads of unique maps, whilst Halo 5 came with just indoor, factories, lacking color maps. Every map uses pretty much the same color palette excluding Regret/truth (remixes…)
>
> And instead of giving us new maps, that are good, we get remixes and forged maps. The warzone map looks great, but these arena maps are kinda disappointing.

you know what then go design 10 more maps in complete detail and present them to 343i. im sure theyll consider…