Please, don't let grenades in Halo 4 be like this

Yes, I made a thread on B.net about this very issue, but honestly. The best thing 343 can do is improve on the faults of Halo:Reach. Learn what is wrong etc etc. If this needs to be moved to the Halo:Reach forum, then so be it. Regardless, the link.

Wow

If link failed paste into URL

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25651005&player=IHATEKEVINBRAND

the same reason why the community earlier named them “mini-nukes”

and how do you know that it wasn’t a stray shot that killed him?

I think the grenades in H3 were perfect. Then again, H4 is a different game, so the grenades will surely be different and need to be to fit the game.

Look at the picture i took only a few weeks after the game came out, i died there.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5625172&player=FuRIPPIN

I raged so much because of the grenades. My rage also went outwards the forum and I was banned 3 times on bungies homepage in single a month. Then i stopped playing the game.

> the same reason why the community earlier named them “mini-nukes”
>
>
> and how do you know that it wasn’t a stray shot that killed him?

Because thats me. I looked for a “stray shot” it wasn’t. The kill feed even said (when I went to his 3rd person POV) “You killed IHATEKEVINBRAND with grenades”

Balance issues with Reach need to be tweaked for Halo 4. We all know the nades in Reach are far too powerful, even with faster movment speed (as is the current MLG playlist) stuff like my video proves its an issue.

As someone posted, Halo 3 had nades down pretty great. Now of course 343 more than likely has their sandbox for Halo 4 created and are tweaking, but its something that needs to considered. How the nades bounce on each map, their radius, phsyics etc. Reach by far has terrble issues with boucning. Look at Reflection and Forge world maps. These maps have specific peices that stop them from bouncing. Forge world peices that have cut edges/patterns will stop a nade from bouncing. Why?

No reason. Regardless, I just would love for Halo 4 to have no issues such as my video showed. Grenades are just as important as your gun in Halo, however in Reach they served as a OP weapon that anyone can use.

Sorry for the rant.

Here’s the problem with your problem with this situation http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25651005&player=IHATEKEVINBRAND.

The video starts off by indicating you have taken damage as your shields have flicked. So already you are 1-frag away from death.
Now what appears to happen following that is the blast damage of the frag went through the Forge piece and killed you.

That isn’t a mini-nuke problem, that’s a Forge-object and/or connection thing as it could be related to why the Gauss 'Hog is mostly removed from MM or somehow latency allowed the blast damage move through a non-existent Forge-object.

> Here’s the problem with your problem with this situation http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25651005&player=IHATEKEVINBRAND.
>
> The video starts off by indicating you have taken damage as your shields have flicked. So already you are 1-frag away from death.
> Now what appears to happen following that is the blast damage of the frag went through the Forge piece and killed you.
>
> That isn’t a mini-nuke problem, that’s a Forge-object and/or connection thing as it could be related to why the Gauss 'Hog is mostly removed from MM or somehow latency allowed the blast damage move through a non-existent Forge-object.

Yes, I was around 2/3rd sheilds at the moment the grenade had blown up. My biggest issue is damage+radius and how its far too great on both ends.

It could be Forge issue related, I’m not trying to argue with you when I say this, but it seemed to me as if it was the nades radius. You can see as I’m walking towards their court and the nade was near the edge of their P street. The explosion didn’t go through the forge object, but rather the general damage radius allowed for it to kill me.

Everyone who has played Reach has had this type of situation where a grenade explodes a fair distance away yet it kills them. Though what you posted may have also contributed for sure.

> Yes, I made a thread on B.net about this very issue, but honestly. The best thing 343 can do is improve on the faults of Halo:Reach. Learn what is wrong etc etc. If this needs to be moved to the Halo:Reach forum, then so be it. Regardless, the link.
>
> Wow
>
> If link failed paste into URL
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=25651005&player=IHATEKEVINBRAND

Believe it or not some players wanted Halo 1 grenades. That’s 1 thing i hated about Halo:CE on the pc.

Halo: Reach grenades do the exact same damage as Halo 3’s. They’ve just got a slightly larger blast radius, which when coupled with lower movement speed and jump height makes them harder to avoid.

You can never just say there’s one thing wrong, there’s always a number of factors. That’s why I have some reservations about the Reach TU. They changed bloom due to complaints but didn’t seem to take into account other aspects of the weapons or the sandbox in general. Fixing a symptom and potentially creating more.

When you’re changing something about a weapon, you have to look at the sandbox as a whole, and not just a single aspect of it.

> Halo: Reach grenades do the exact same damage as Halo 3’s. They’ve just got a slightly larger blast radius, which when coupled with lower movement speed and jump height makes them harder to avoid.
>
> You can never just say there’s one thing wrong, there’s always a number of factors. That’s why I have some reservations about the Reach TU. They changed bloom due to complaints but didn’t seem to take into account other aspects of the weapons or the sandbox in general. Fixing a symptom and potentially creating more.
>
> When you’re changing something about a weapon, you have to look at the sandbox as a whole, and not just a single aspect of it.

This is a wise man.

I would rather have Halo Reach’s grenades that the useless grenades of Halo 3.

Oh absolutely, God Forbid the entire game doesn’t revolve around overpowered rifles!

> Look at the picture i took only a few weeks after the game came out, i died there.
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5625172&player=FuRIPPIN
>
> I raged so much because of the grenades. My rage also went outwards the forum and I was banned 3 times on bungies homepage in single a month. Then i stopped playing the game.

It looks like a perfectly reasonable death.

> I think the grenades in H3 were perfect. Then again, H4 is a different game, so the grenades will surely be different and need to be to fit the game.

Agreed! Sooo good.

Am I the only one who also hates it where grenades seem to get stuck in your armour? I have died many many times due to frag grenades getting “stuck” in my armour.

The Reach grenades are very inconsistent, you can get killed by a grenade that’s about 6-8 feet away from you, even though you have full shields, and other times, you can survive direct grenade blasts under your feet, and other times you can have little, to no shield, and survive a grenade that’s a few feet away.

Same thing happens with the bouncing, sometimes they seem to bounce like basketballs, (like up ramps, wtf?) and then other times they don’t bounce at all.

Reaches grenades are very inconsistent.

> Look at the picture i took only a few weeks after the game came out, i died there.
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5625172&player=FuRIPPIN
>
> I raged so much because of the grenades. My rage also went outwards the forum and I was banned 3 times on bungies homepage in single a month. Then i stopped playing the game.

This is a prime example of what I just said, things like this can happen when you have full shields, and other times you can survive direct blasts under you, it’s ridiculous.

> Halo: Reach grenades do the exact same damage as Halo 3’s. They’ve just got a slightly larger blast radius, which when coupled with lower movement speed and jump height makes them harder to avoid.
>
> You can never just say there’s one thing wrong, there’s always a number of factors. That’s why I have some reservations about the Reach TU. They changed bloom due to complaints but didn’t seem to take into account other aspects of the weapons or the sandbox in general. Fixing a symptom and potentially creating more.
>
> When you’re changing something about a weapon, you have to look at the sandbox as a whole, and not just a single aspect of it.

I’m sorry but there are other factors to compare when it comes to the two. For example, Health in Reach where it didn’t exist in Halo 3. It a common fact that in Reach if you have Red Health, full sheilds, a nade directly on you will kill. That’s rather understandable, but when it comes to situations like my video, how does that makes sense at all?

As for the rest of what you said, which really has nothing to due with the topic, you are correct. You can’t change one major part of the sandbox without trying to balance out the rest. I don’t play in the normal Reach playlists. I only play MLG, since I prefer it the most. The DMR is your main weapon, sandbox issues don’t really occur since all thats in the playlist it

DMR
NR
Pistol
Plasma Pistol
Rockets
Sniper
GL

Pretty much the DMR and power weapons. However this sanbox with ZB works fine with their custom settings. My issue with nades in this game extends not only from there radius but also damage, physics etc. As I said earlier they are very inconsistant with how they bounce, how far away they can kill you from etc.

Also, I hate to sound like I’m trying to argue with you , but I honestly don’t belive that H3 nades are as strong as Reach. It maybe nostolgia blocking it out, but I’ll go play around a bit and test it out.