Please don't include map voting in Halo 5

The title says it all. A lot of the reason I saw my friends leave halo 4 was because it was people voting for the same map, over and over and over.

well, think this could be the solution to that problem…

but I’d prefer to reintroduce the Halo 3 voting system

Halo 3’s veto system was fine.

The veto system didn’t solve anything. Even if you vetoed there were still times where you’d get the same map and gametype up to 3 times in a row. Plus if it was a terrible gametype and map combo then everyone would leave anyway.

Map voting is just superior in every way. They just need to randomize the map and gametype selection and most importantly put slayer as the last option so objective modes have a fighting chance to win the vote.

I would like things to go back to the halo 2 days when Playlists didn’t have veto or voting. It ensures you dont play the same thing over and over, and it forces gamers to get out of their comfort zone and try new things. Sure you might get your butt whooped a few times, but that doesn’t mean that gametype on that map sucks and should never be played. It means you haven’t figured out how to play it. Leaving the decisions up to programmed percentages creates more well rounded Spartans and a heathier more diverse matchmaking experience. Other than the broken dlc business model I believe leaving the game selection choices up to the player is the biggest reason for playlist problems.

Veto system. Just fix it so that there are no repeats.

They should have a “load more maps” or “none of the above” option to give other maps/gametypes a chance.

I think the best map system would be the Halo 3 map system. But with the addition that once you played a map you can’t play on that map again until you played another 2 matches.

I’m pretty sure the general consensus is to use Halo 3’s veto system. That was my personal favorite style anyway.

This should not even be an argument. Vetoing HAS to come back.

> 2533274857398125;1:
> The title says it all. A lot of the reason I saw my friends leave halo 4 was because it was people voting for the same map, over and over and over.

Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok

The map voting system absolutely kills all kind of variety. Bring back veto.

I preferred the veto system, it had more variety in what maps that were chosen, and people couldn’t just choose the same damn map over and over again.

> 2533274827827051;13:
> I preferred the veto system, it had more variety in what maps that were chosen, and people couldn’t just choose the same damn map over and over again.

Halo 3 in the MCC turned out exactly like I thought.
EVERY CHANCE THAT IS GIVEN, Guardian gets voted in. If it’s not Guardian, it’s High Ground.
For some reason completely alien to me, those two maps are actually enjoyed by people…

> 2533275033353610;8:
> I think the best map system would be the Halo 3 map system. But with the addition that once you played a map you can’t play on that map again until you played another 2 matches.

That would slow down matchmaking as you would have to be matched with people who similarly can’t play that map which would raise a huge amount of matchmaking times issues. And we don’t have over 100 maps to make it better like the MCC.

I’d echo sentiments to either bring back the veto system where everybody gets the one chance to veto a gametype & map, or to do away with any kind of voting system. I enjoy playing Halo, and I really enjoy playing a variety of Halo’s offerings. I am already very tired of Slayer BRs in H2A (it’s the only playlist I can routinely get into), but people seem to only vote for the most mind-numbing things nowadays.

I want to be able to vote for game modes as well as maps. Separately of course.

It would be good if you could play dlc maps more. I feel like I wasted my money.

We need some system, or more categorized playlists. Bring back Team Skirmish, and all will be fine. It needs to be separate from slayer -.- Also, I wish you can add like customization to your searches, such as: preferred maps, game types, fun or competitive, and more to link people who like the same things together.

lol no
id rather play the same good maps over and over again
rather than get -Yoink- maps and crap game modes