Please don't have unit specific missions

I hope halo wars 2 doesn’t have unit specific missions, because to me it doesn’t ruin replay-ability, but it does make things repetitive. Stacraft, a very popular blizzard game series was an rts and the first starcraft allowed you to build whatever units you wanted given for the mission, starcraft 2 however made missions where you usually mass produced units with some supporting units. It was fun at first but when you like to play campaigns over and over, it gets a bit stale. I just really want halo wars 2 to have the same kind of flair that halo wars 1 did and that I can just build a giant UNSC army and have fun, not that playing any other way isn’t fun, that’s just my play style.

If the Beta was any indication, single unit spam would not be advised. Unlike in Halo Wars 1, where building a bunch of Tanks with a few Wolverines sprinkled in for flavor was a fairly solid strategy, I found it FAR less effective in the Beta. And While I didn’t play the Banished myself during the Beta, I noticed Banshee spams were also less effective.

All in all, I feel like diverse armies for Halo Wars 2 will be encouraged, even necessary.

Starcraft does it partially to train you on how/when to use those units. It also serves to change the approach for each mission instead of a typical ‘Build large army, destroy opponent’, which gets old when its the same thing for every mission.

I quite enjoyed the SC II campaigns, they are varied and ease you into playing as each civilization.

Like CrimsonWolf515 said halo wars 2 is far more in-depth in army creation. This means that a specialized army or a one unit army can be beat by a more diverse army. A diverse army is also able to adapt to situations much easier. There is also a much more in depth rock paper scissors approach0 between classes of units and within classes of unit. Because I maimed unsc surfing the beta I can elaborate far easier with the faction. The RPS triangle is mostly infantry beats air, air beats vehicles, vehicles beat infantry. However inside of infantry you have hard infantry counters (snipers, and hellbringers), hard vehicle counter (the cyclopse), and the hard air counter (basic marine squad; which can also become a multi purpose unit with its 2nd upgrade). With in the air you have some okay anti infantry (the hornet is very good against small units of infantry), a hard structure and vehicle counter (the vulture), and a very nice support unit ( the nightingale which can repair vehicles and air unit. Didn’t use it enough to see if it could heal infantry). And in vehicles there is a hard structure and vehicle counter ( the tank ), and general unit ( the warthog, which is decent against air units), a hard infantry and mild vehicle counter ( the kodiac, one of my favorite units), and a hard air counter (the wolverine). Of course this is based off only half a tech tree being available for use in the beta, so units can change very dirasticly as seen with marines.

Man that was long so TLDR: No this is not a single unit game, a diverse army is better than a specialized army.

> 2533274815538572;2:
> If the Beta was any indication, single unit spam would not be advised. Unlike in Halo Wars 1, where building a bunch of Tanks with a few Wolverines sprinkled in for flavor was a fairly solid strategy, I found it FAR less effective in the Beta. And While I didn’t play the Banished myself during the Beta, I noticed Banshee spams were also less effective.
>
> All in all, I feel like diverse armies for Halo Wars 2 will be encouraged, even necessary.

I’m just hoping for a fun experience, I’m really looking forward to halo wars 2 and I’m just wanting it to stay similar to the way it first played while including the new mechanics. I’m not so much as worried about multiplayer, just worried for the campaign.

> 2533274809541057;3:
> Starcraft does it partially to train you on how/when to use those units. It also serves to change the approach for each mission instead of a typical ‘Build large army, destroy opponent’, which gets old when its the same thing for every mission.
>
> I quite enjoyed the SC II campaigns, they are varied and ease you into playing as each civilization.

I love starcraft 2, don’t get me wrong, I love replaying the campaigns and all, but most of the missions in wings of liberty involved making a large army of the new unit type, they made it a bit better in heart of the swarm because you needed various units to have a good army. I personally haven’t played legacy of the void but i did watch it, and it still had introduce the new unit and use this unit mainly. I think its good that they train you how to use the units, but replayability wise, you want to add a bit of variety instead of mass producing the unit. Yes, you could build other units if you wanted, but they’re not as effective at times. I just hope that they have slight tutorials for units but don’t rely on you mass producing the new unit given.

> 2533274902628105;4:
> Like CrimsonWolf515 said halo wars 2 is far more in-depth in army creation. This means that a specialized army or a one unit army can be beat by a more diverse army. A diverse army is also able to adapt to situations much easier. There is also a much more in depth rock paper scissors approach0 between classes of units and within classes of unit. Because I maimed unsc surfing the beta I can elaborate far easier with the faction. The RPS triangle is mostly infantry beats air, air beats vehicles, vehicles beat infantry. However inside of infantry you have hard infantry counters (snipers, and hellbringers), hard vehicle counter (the cyclopse), and the hard air counter (basic marine squad; which can also become a multi purpose unit with its 2nd upgrade). With in the air you have some okay anti infantry (the hornet is very good against small units of infantry), a hard structure and vehicle counter (the vulture), and a very nice support unit ( the nightingale which can repair vehicles and air unit. Didn’t use it enough to see if it could heal infantry). And in vehicles there is a hard structure and vehicle counter ( the tank ), and general unit ( the warthog, which is decent against air units), a hard infantry and mild vehicle counter ( the kodiac, one of my favorite units), and a hard air counter (the wolverine). Of course this is based off only half a tech tree being available for use in the beta, so units can change very dirasticly as seen with marines.
>
> Man that was long so TLDR: No this is not a single unit game, a diverse army is better than a specialized army.

I just hope for the best in the games campaign because truthfully, that’s all I’m looking forward to. I just don’t want a situation where its like “here’s the scorpion, make a lot of these and we can break through the enemies defenses.” from what i played in the beta i can easily see why a diverse army is more effective, I just don’t want missions that rely on building one type of unit.

> 2533275031293244;5:
> > 2533274815538572;2:
> > If the Beta was any indication, single unit spam would not be advised. Unlike in Halo Wars 1, where building a bunch of Tanks with a few Wolverines sprinkled in for flavor was a fairly solid strategy, I found it FAR less effective in the Beta. And While I didn’t play the Banished myself during the Beta, I noticed Banshee spams were also less effective.
> >
> > All in all, I feel like diverse armies for Halo Wars 2 will be encouraged, even necessary.
>
>
> I’m just hoping for a fun experience, I’m really looking forward to halo wars 2 and I’m just wanting it to stay similar to the way it first played while including the new mechanics. I’m not so much as worried about multiplayer, just worried for the campaign.

I get what your saying, and for what it’s worth, Halo Wars 1 did encourage diverse armies in campaign during some missions (especially if you played Multiplayer), while others turned into Spam.

For example, the Arcadia mission (The first one) really rewarded a diverse army, and was also the first time you were allowed to create Hornets in the Campaign (if memory serves right). This gave you a fast attack option to defend each transport, while various towers and structures allowed for the use of infantry in a defensive role. Toss in a couple tanks and Wolverines and boom , you have a working formula for that mission.

A Spam based mission would also take place on Arcadia (wow, I forgot how much time you spent there) when you have to destroy the massive Scarab in a short amount of time before it kills off your base. The best way to approach this mission, for me, was Tanks. Lots and Lots of Tanks. Tanks for days. Why? Because Tanks provided the necessary health and Firepower to Damage the Scarab while taking some amount of Fire from the head.

But, as I stated before, just from playing the Beta, gameplay wise, at this particular moment in time, the game encourages a diverse army. I feel it would be safe to assume that this carries over to campaign as well, since it is essentially how the game functions.