Please don't buff the automatics...

In the bulletin, 343 said that they may decrease the kill time of the AR, SR, and Suppressor to like 1.2 seconds. I can barely kill an AR user already simply because I can’t always 5-shot them. It doesn’t really matter to me that the auto-aim will get nerfed. I feel like if players have any skill at all, it will be really easy to kill with these weapons.

I am really curious if there’s a good reason for this suggested buff. Even if the BR 4-shot buff does happen, it will be completely over-ruled by this automatic buff. If it happens, it happens, but I just don’t really understand the purpose. I can almost guarantee that if both buffs happen, almost everyone will be running these loadouts:

BR
AR
Choice of grenade
Choice of AA
Firepower
Choice of other ability

I’m already running that loadout. Have been for a while. :stuck_out_tongue:
But you really shouldn’t be getting close to Automatic users at all, it’s their weakness.

I don’t understand 343’s logic in just about every move they’ve made sadly. While they have made some good decisions here and there, they’re largely overshadowed by “what the hell are they DOING???” decisions. CSR is a joke, I can’t even tell what this supposed AC “nerf” is, they’re buffing all these weapons (not a finished product yet I know) when they don’t need buffing outside of the Carbine, the list goes on…

> I’m already running that loadout. Have been for a while. :stuck_out_tongue:
> But you really shouldn’t be getting close to Automatic users at all, it’s their weakness.

Yeah, except it’s kinda hard not to get close to enemies on smaller maps.

The point of the automatics, is to dominate at close range. The best way to beat them is to get out of there range. It’s that simple. (I already run that loadout, perfect for Haven and Adrift)

The automatics are fine, since they’re useful in CQB combat now. In fact, every primary loadout weapon is fine asides from the DMR… If everything else is getting a boost, then the automatics need one too to stay useful.

You’re not supposed to be able to 5-shot somebody using an automatic weapon in close range. Just seeing that it’s still possible and not that hard to do with the DMR only proves that there needs to be balancing tweaks.

> The automatics are fine, since they’re useful in CQB combat now. In fact, every primary loadout weapon is fine asides from the DMR… If everything else is getting a boost, then the automatics need one too to stay useful.

Don’t forget the magnum. It should always have a faster kill time than the ranged primary weapons.

343 is trying to not make another Halo 3. Automatics are being balanced so they have a purpose against the buffed BR and Carbine, and aren’t just left out in the cold as they were in previous games.

You have the ability as a BR/DMR user to stay out of close quarters engagements, and the ability to backpedal and strafe. It will be a lot harder to land automatic shots with so little recoil against a strafing opponent.

Oh, look. Another DMR user bashing autos. (I mean, come on.)

Even though the “buff” will widen their skill gap. More aiming involved.

Just keep your distance guys, it’s really not that hard.

and like always some people need to complain, cmon whats so bad about buff a little the automatics?

the poblation of automatic weapons users is not so high on Halo
(is easy a very VERY little part)

if 343 just buffs the precition weapons (and more the BR 4 shots)

then, whats the use of AR, SR or Supressor? they need to give a balance to everything

all weapons deserves to have a comfort area