Please don’t do what EA did…

I really really love Halo. It’s my favorite universe aside from Star Wars. So I want to see this game succeed. I want to see people loving the game and the universe as much as I do. There’s a problem though with how critical elements of the multiplayer have been executed similar to the issues EA had with Battlefront 2. Too much is locked behind paywalls and the progression is excruciatingly slow. When EA released BF2, they got massive pushback because, even though everything could be earned, it took an unreasonable amount of time to earn anything. As a result, even though the game itself was fun, people quit playing. The stuff they wanted was going to take more time grinding than they were willing to invest and they were unwilling to pay high prices to speed up the process so, instead, they played something else. Some argue that the customization is just cosmetic and therefore not critical to gameplay. That absolutely can be true for some but it isn’t true for many. For me, customization is one of my favorite elements of a good game. Makes the experience more personal and much more enjoyable. It gives me something to work towards as I play and get excited about as I near my goal of unlocking something. I actually enjoy that just as much as actually playing the game. But so little is unlockable without spending an arm and a leg. To be honest, my opinion, most of what’s in the Battle Pass isn’t even worth unlocking. There’s a couple items that are kinda cool but none of it is “must have” for me. Everything I’ve liked so far has been in the store and costs a ridiculous price. So, what I’m saying is, please don’t lock everything up so tight that the average person can’t afford the time to unlock it and then charge us so much that we refuse to pay to unlock it. The Battle Pass needs to be the primary source of unlocking items and much more of it needs to be available to unlock for free. Have a store, that’s fine. But keep a substantial enough amount of customization earnable so that we don’t see the exodus that we saw with BF2 when people got tired of grinding to get what they wanted or realized the only way they’d get it is if they paid a wild amount of money. We’re invested in Halo. We want to stick with it. Many of us are already financially invested whether we bought the game or pay for GamePass Ultimate. Please don’t try to take advantage of that like EA did. It backfired heavily and left what could’ve been a great game struggling to recover.

1 Like

OP in paragraph form:

I really really love Halo. It’s my favorite universe aside from Star Wars. So I want to see this game succeed. I want to see people loving the game and the universe as much as I do.

There’s a problem though with how critical elements of the multiplayer have been executed similar to the issues EA had with Battlefront 2. Too much is locked behind paywalls and the progression is excruciatingly slow.

When EA released BF2, they got massive pushback because, even though everything could be earned, it took an unreasonable amount of time to earn anything. As a result, even though the game itself was fun, people quit playing. The stuff they wanted was going to take more time grinding than they were willing to invest and they were unwilling to pay high prices to speed up the process so, instead, the player something else.

Some argue that the customization is just cosmetic and therefore not critical to gameplay. That absolutely can be true for some but it isn’t true for many. For me, customization is one of my favorite elements of a good game. Makes the experience more personal and much more enjoyable. It gives me something to work towards as I play and get excited about as I near my goal of unlocking something. I actually enjoy that just as much as actually playing the game. But so little is unlockable with spending an arm and a leg.

To be honest, my opinion, most of what’s in the Battle Pass isn’t even worth unlocking. There’s a couple items that are kinda cool but none of it is “must have” for me. Everything I’ve liked so far has been in the store and costs a ridiculous price.

So, what I’m saying is, please don’t lock everything up so tight that the average person can afford the time to unlock it and then charge us so much that we refuse to pay to unlock it. The Battle Pass need to be the primary source of unlocking items and much more of it needs to be available to unlock for free. Have a store, that’s fine. But keep a substantial enough amount of customization earnable so that we don’t see the exodus that we saw with BF4 when people got tired of grinding to get what they wanted or realized the only way they’d get it is if they paid a wild amount of money. We’re invested in Halo. We want to stick with it. Many of us are already financially invested whether we bought the game or pay for GamePass Ultimate.

Please don’t try to take advantage of that like EA did. It backfired heavily and left what could’ve been a great game struggling to recover.

1 Like