Please do Singleplayer & Co-Op Halo 3 style.

For the campaign it would be great if the co-op functioned similarly to Halo 3. Personally I did not like the squad system in Halo 5, it just didn’t work for Halo in my opinion.
In my opinion it would be much better if it worked like Halo 3. You are alone most of the time when playing Solo but in 4 Player co-op the other players would be Fred, Kelly & Linda.

I just don’t think that they need to be there outside of co-op, they just get in the way and it doesn’t add to the experience. I’d rather be a one man army with UNSC & Swords of Sanghelios allies fighting alongside me that can actually die, rather than AI controlled permanent squad mates. It’s fun trying to carry your marines through a mission making sure they survive and kitting them out with power weapons.

What does everyone else think?

I like the idea but unless master chief decides to solo this game we ain’t gonna see no elites.

I liked the way Reach was - it’s fun having squad mates that are AI controlled. I do see your point and really like the idea of playing with Fred, Kelly, and Linda. For me though, none of my friends play Halo so I really like having AI controlled squad mates. Going solo gets a old for me but I understand why people like it. I did not play Halo 5 much as I could not stand Locke so I went from Halo 4 to Reach.

I think the best way to do coop is probably the Reach way since it meant starting the game as the rookie, then replaying it with custom unlocked armour then having players choose what armour they want but this time they could possible give the player to choose between Elite, Spartans for player 2/3/4 and custom too. That way 1st playthrough player 1 can be play the canon play-through then play-through 2 would just be for fun.

As for solo play I’d rather they stick to marine type AI, not the H5’s squad system where the squad are there 24/7 since it made the game too easy plus the AI weren’t that smart.

As others have said, I think they may go for a Halo Reach style of AI. They’re there to support you, but they’re really more like OP marines. Most people (myself incuded) heavily disliked the revive and other squad mechanics. I’ll agree with you and say that I really enjoyed how they had the Arbiter act in Halo 3. But, it would be a stretch to assume that we’ll be side by side with my boi Arby. So, I assume we’re either getting a squad similar to Halo Reach, or even just ditch the ideas of squads like The Act Man said in one of his videos.

I actually enjoyed having a bunch of AI running with me. I’ve always had this strange relationship with Sniper AI where they seem to adore me to death. Back in the days of Reach, doing LASO was a chore for me, but I always enjoyed doing the one with Jun because he always saved my bacon. Would have kissed my rear goodbye when that Ultra turned the corner to kick me while I had no shields if not for Jun taking his head off before he could. And it’s absolutely hilarious listening to my friends complain that Linda ignored them in favor of hauling her butt across the map no matter what to pick me up off the ground.

AI are hilarious regardless, so I’d rather have them running with me than running solo.

For me personally though? Straight up dying never made much sense to me considering we’re Spartans. We shouldn’t just drop dead, we should be given a second chance because we’re supposed to be walking tanks. So just dropping dead on the spot was more frustrating than anything, especially when your death was to something stupid and your team mate can’t get you to respawn because there’s an enemy nearby (when the enemy is on the other side of the battlefield).

Well, H6 is supposedly focusing on Chief so maybe part of that is the absence of fireteams, we’ll have to see. I personally would like a mix. Some missions solo, some with no name AI, and some with actual characters but with Reach’s system.

Eh,I want fireteams to return.

What I really want to see is local 4-player co-op. It’s something we’ve never had in a Halo title before, but the way I see it, is something we should have had a long time ago. I remember playing 4-player co-op Brute Force back in the day (2003), and it was a blast. We’ve played 2-player co-op and 4-player Firefight. 4-player co-op is the next step.

> 2535415876049274;9:
> What I really want to see is local 4-player co-op. It’s something we’ve never had in a Halo title before, but the way I see it, is something we should have had a long time ago. I remember playing 4-player co-op Brute Force back in the day (2003), and it was a blast. We’ve played 2-player co-op and 4-player Firefight. 4-player co-op is the next step.

4 player local co-op would almost be very interesting experience. In a way it would feel like nostalgic gaming as that is such a rare experience in games.

> 2533274842143298;1:
> For the campaign it would be great if the co-op functioned similarly to Halo 3. Personally I did not like the squad system in Halo 5, it just didn’t work for Halo in my opinion.
> In my opinion it would be much better if it worked like Halo 3. You are alone most of the time when playing Solo but in 4 Player co-op the other players would be Fred, Kelly & Linda.
>
> I just don’t think that they need to be there outside of co-op, they just get in the way and it doesn’t add to the experience. I’d rather be a one man army with UNSC & Swords of Sanghelios allies fighting alongside me that can actually die, rather than AI controlled permanent squad mates. It’s fun trying to carry your marines through a mission making sure they survive and kitting them out with power weapons.
>
> What does everyone else think?

I agree OP.

I didn’t like Halo 5 set up at all. I didn’t like squads. I’m all for having other characters in the game, but do it differently. I’ve said many times how to do this, so I won’t bother getting into it again.

All I know is I hated having 2-3 computer controlled teammates. SUPER ANNOYING!!!

I actually preferred having blue team/Osiris with you the whole time but I think it’d benefit both sides to have an option to turn the squad off. Also a kool edition would be once you beaten the game you can use various big name characters in the campaign such as(blue team, red team, majestic, Palmer, alpha-nine, arbiter, rtas, ntho, uzse, jul mdama, and gek) or your own customized spartan/elite/etc.

I wouldn’t mind the squad mechanics if they were better. Republic Commando (the game that inspired the squad system) had fantastic mechanics and the AI were competent.

I just don’t like how the squad always being present made AI allies such as marines completely nonexistent.

Yeah I didn’t like the squad system being there the whole time. It really took away from being the one man army that the chief has always been.
Also by having a squad, you never really got marine or ODST support which I always loved from the other games.

I do not think it’s similar, they’re doing everything totally new with this game :smiley: